ForumsQuestionsMoving Tasks into a new Year

Moving Tasks into a new Year
agarst

Posted: Oct 24, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
I have a silver subscription so I have a 2 year task history. Is there a way to move all of the tasks in a folder for the new year? I'm an event planner and have folders for each event. I'm wodering if I can take 1 event folder and make it so all the tasks move into my to do list for 2018?
Purveyor

Your 2-year history is for completed tasks.
You can change the Start Date and Due Date for any uncompleted tasks.

If you want to change the date for several tasks at once, you can use Batch Edit, which is available from the down arrow (or chevron) in the Action Menu in the dark blue section of the menu bar at the top far right.
agarst

What I want to do is copy the completed tasks from the history to be new tasks. Does that make since?

With the batch edit can I make the folder roll into the new year and it would keep tasks (like task in March - April) in order or would a batch edit only work for giving them all the same specific date?
Purveyor

Posted: Oct 25, 2017
You can copy tasks but only one at a time. (Or, one task along with all subtasks.)

You could try exporting all your tasks as a CSV file and use Excel or some other spreadsheet software to manipulate the data and then import the relevant tasks into Toodledo as a CSV file.

Batch Edit does not allow you to change just the year portion of the date. You can try several Batch Edits, each one of which has a specific date.

One more thing: Why do you want to copy completed tasks to next year? If they are annual events, then you can set up the tasks to repeat the next year, on the same day and month.

This message was edited Oct 25, 2017.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.