ForumsQuestionsRant on RECURRING TASKs last day of month or 29/30/31...

Rant on RECURRING TASKs last day of month or 29/30/31...
fiona.c

Posted: Mar 04, 2018
Score: 1 Reference
We've just had February with its short number of days and I've just discovered that my lovely reminders for 29,30 or 31st have all been 'skipped'. So now I'm paying bills late.

Would REALLY like to know WHEN these are going to be addressed (some have been 'promised' for >7yrs)

1. Option to recur on LAST DAY OF THE MONTH. This is not hard to code as there are only 12 months in the year, with 3 separate 'cases'. A simple table of if this month, then task falls on X date.... to calculate the recurrence.

I've read the tips about setting for 1st of month, with a 1 day 'alarm'. This does NOT work, as my custom searches/filters work on DUE DATES, and I dont really like the alarms (come in on email, are not WITHIN Toodledo, so makes prioritising/organising task impossible)

2. Option to recur on 2nd Monday of month or similar. Again, really not that hard to code.... but for business tasks, meetings this is frequently how they are arranged.

Looking forward to an update on this subject.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 05, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
I am sorry that this happened. For compatibility reasons, our "monthly repeat" logic works the same way as monthly repeating tasks on iCal and Google Cal. The same thing would happen there for monthly tasks that repeat on the 31st of the month. They skip months that dont have a 31st.

We have plays to make a special "last day of the month" option, but this is still on our todo list.
CharleneTX

Posted: Mar 08, 2018
Score: 2 Reference
February is the reason I put end-of-the-month tasks on the 28th. I've had to do this for every scheduling program I've used in the last 30 years. It does seem as though this shouldn't still be a problem.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.