ForumsQuestionssub-tasks

sub-tasks
disco2dad

Posted: Jun 19, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
I have 2 questions:

1) How do you get initial display under tags to have only the main tasks and not sub-tasks?
For example: I have a task to create a web page and a task to Sell a product under a Start Business tag. I have several sub-tasks under the main task. When I click to open the Start Business tag all tasks and sub-tasks display independently. I want the initial display to show only the 2 main tasks and be able to expand separately the sub-tasks.
2) How can you create sub-tasks of sub-tasks? I want to organize my tasks for my goals into sub-goals and tasks off the sub-goals to have sub-tasks so I can have a daily set of action items in working towards my goals ( hierarchal structure)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 19, 2018
1) You can control this with the subtask filters. Click the "Eye" icon in the blue bar at the top of the list.

2) It is not currently possible to make multiple levels of subtasks in the Tasks section. If you need deep hierarchy you can use the Outlines section to organize a big project like this.
Purveyor

Posted: Jun 20, 2018
Posted by disco2dad:
I want to organize my tasks for my goals into sub-goals and tasks off the sub-goals to have sub-tasks so I can have a daily set of action items in working towards my goals ( hierarchal structure)
Have you tried using the three levels of Goals?

Another alternative is to keep it simple and have just one level of tasks but two lists: Big picture tasks and specific tasks that contribute to the big picture..

This message was edited Jun 20, 2018.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.