ForumsQuestionstask with due date in January 2019 is not shown

task with due date in January 2019 is not shown
itp

Posted: Nov 27, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
Two of my tasks have a due date in Jan 2019. Both are not shown in my task list (filter is set to "show tasks in the future", but that doesn't matter here). One of tasks even has a start date in the past (last week)

When I change the due date to Dec 2018 the tasks appear.

Am I missing something here?

pascal
itp

Note that while the tasks with a due date in Jan 2019 do not appear in any of the regular views (my tasks, folders, status...), they do appear in the calendar-view and they are also part of the Calendar syncing.
Anant G.

Posted by itp:
Note that while the tasks with a due date in Jan 2019 do not appear in any of the regular views (my tasks, folders, status...), they do appear in the calendar-view and they are also part of the Calendar syncing.

Enabling "In the Future" option should show the tasks in January. If you are not seeing it, please create a support ticket and send us a screenshot. We can look into it.
itp

Posted: Nov 28, 2018
That is correct but
(a) being able tot hide future tasks is one of the great features of Toodledo,
(b) the one task that has a start date from last week (and due date in Jan 2019) should be visible when "in the future" option is disabled, IMO, and
(c) as stated: if the due date is set to december 2018 the task becomes visible when the "in the future" option is disabled, as it should because the start date is from last week

I will open a support ticket. Not sure of what I should take a screenshot, though..
itp

Posted: Nov 30, 2018
I got a reply from support to read the manual. That's kinda disappointing for me as a paying customer for over 7yrs now.

I started a new ticket with the same subject because the original ticket got closed as soon as I reviewed the support response as "poor" (which is how it works, by design, I know..)
dmos01

Tasks due far in the future will be hidden, even if their Start Dates have passed. You can change how far in the future under your account settings. There will be a setting called "Hide Future Tasks".
itp

Thank you! That's what I needed to hear.

I've changed the setting to 2 months and now the task does appear. I find this behaviour odd though, since by hiding the task even when the start date has passed it's easy to miss it.
pawelkaleta

In this FAQ article you will find that Hide Future task will hide the item if it matches ANY of the criteria so the filter works as it should I think.

https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=65
dmos01

It's there in case you don't use start dates (or priority, or deferred).
itp

Can't argue with a FAQ :) But still I find it counter-intuitive, especially since I would expect the start date in the past would override the Hide Future task value. To me the start date says that it's about time to start working on the task if I want to be ready by the due date.

OTOH: I've been a user for over 7yrs and I haven't encountered this situation before (or I might have forgotten about it)
dmos01

Completely agree. It confused me, too, when I started using start dates.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.