ForumsQuestionsBug? Change in Tag alphabetical sorting - Now Z-A; was A-Z

Bug? Change in Tag alphabetical sorting - Now Z-A; was A-Z
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted: Feb 11, 2019
Score: 1 Reference
Hi,

Just in the last week or so, the tags display has gotten all messed up. I've selected alphabetical sorting, not popularity in the settings.

Before the tags were sorted in ascending (A-Z) order but they are now suddenly in descending (Z-A) order which is a real bother. (referring to how the entire list is displayed/sorted when selecting tags to associate with a toodledo task)

To the ToodleDo staff -- can someone fix this please? (Or is it a new "feature"?)

Thanks much!
J-O-D

Posted: Feb 11, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
EDIT: Although these settings do not (for me) affect any other order than in these settings alone, but at least when adding tags, I still do have sorted these A-Z (although I have set the setting to Z-A). So I am lost here.

What about Organize/Tags/Select Tags Sort Type (it is possible it is a new feature in there, I am not using tags that much - you even have custom order in there).

This message was edited Feb 11, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted: Feb 13, 2019
Hi J-O-D - Thanks much for the reply.

I think we may not be talking about the same area of Tag usage. The alphabetized list that I'm referring to is the list that is presented when you want to add tags to a task (on PC web implementation it appears as a popup box to select from with a list of tags 2-3 per line).

I have about 30-40 tags at this point and having them alphabetized makes it much easier to find the one I want. However, my brain automatically works A-Z so getting it in Z-A sorted form where what I'm expecting to be at the top of the list is flipped to the bottom is really a bother.

Can this be fixed and the functionality go back to how it was a month ago or so? Where the tags are listed in A-Z sorted order?

(Also, just a plug that I sure wish there was some tag management capability so I could delete old no longer used tags and clean up the clutter)

Thanks much for any help/pointers.
J-O-D

Posted: Feb 13, 2019
Hi, in my experience the tags in the pop-up when adding tags are sorted A-Z....I have just tested it out. But it seems the bug is with the old legacy layout only, Which is not being developed for almost a year or so. (I got your results of Z-A sorting in the old layout, so confirmed).

If that was your issue, you can go to Profile & Settings/Tasks/Default Views/Task Section Version and set it to New (tasks.toodledo.com). Also, if you are using a bookmark in your browser, make sure you have it set either to www.toodledo.com or tasks.toodledo.com, and not to www.toodledo.com/tasks, because that would give you the old layout regardless of your settings!
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted: Feb 14, 2019
Thanks much, J-O-D !

Yes, I was using the old legacy interface and if I switch to the new one, then the A-Z sorting of tags returns.

This change in behavior is quite peculiar tho if the legacy interface is not being touched. The change just occurred in the last week or so, so I guess it is a side-effect of new changes being introduced.

Also, it's a bummer as in the new interface, all my tags no longer fit in the tags popup window and I have to scroll up and down to get to all of them. Sure wish that I could delete some of my unused tags.

Thanks again.

This message was edited Feb 14, 2019.
J-O-D

Posted: Feb 15, 2019
You mean you cannot use the Remove function in Organize/Tags list? But that would probably mean there will be no tag in your completed tasks exports/searches (I am just guessing - because if there is no more task with the tag, the tag should be removed automatically).

Posted by ruben_becker:
Thanks much, J-O-D !
Sure wish that I could delete some of my unused tags.

Thanks again.

This message was edited Feb 15, 2019.
Ob-La-Di+ruben

Posted: Feb 15, 2019
Thanks again, J-O-D.

I hadn't realized that there was a way to manage tags now (I believe a couple years ago there had been no way to remove tags).

This is another side-effect of my running on the legacy interface, it looks like (which I also had not realized I was doing til you pointed that out to me). I now see there's an "edit" pencil at the top of the tags view sidebar which takes me to a tags organize view which I'd never known existed.

Thanks much.

This message was edited Feb 15, 2019.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.