ForumsQuestionsUpdate????

Update????
mlb32704

Posted: Jul 04, 2020
Score: 1 Reference
Where to start with the iOS update....

- Took forever to get tasks sorted right again, a lot of trial and error. I sort by tags within dates, it was a nightmare.
- A lot of empty space and rearranged details within items which is going to take time to get used to. Really looks worse.
- Huge section under items to add notes, I use notes often but it’s a real waste of space and distracting.
- Nagging red icon under Settings to buy a subscription? No thanks. How do I get rid of it?
- Every note I’ve ever written under Notes got synced, including a ton of them that were deleted ages ago.
- Every note has a huge amount of space in the actual note contents before any actual words, but when I click on the note to delete the extra space, in edit mode, the note looks fine. It just displays outside of edit mode with the space, nothing I can figure out to do to fix it.
- Some tasks are shaded in blue, others are white. No rhyme or reason no pattern it makes no sense and it is very distracting.
- Sorting in Notes is broken...alphabetically my notes now run A-Z with all of my notes that start with the letter I at the end of the list.
- I wish that I had done a screenshot of how my ToodleDo iOS app looked before the update, it seems like either the layout has changed, lots of information/categories missing, etc. it’s like I can’t even tel what was there to try and fix to make it look right again.
- Every time I go in or out of the app I have to resort to get it to list items correctly. Every time, it does not maintain my preferences. My first sorting criteria is Due Dates arrow “up”, I have to go into sort criteria, change it to “down” then “up” again, what a nightmare. It takes forever to do and sometimes it’s hanging up to the point that I have to exit and shutdown the app completely.

Those are my issues so far. And my better half says:

- Hundreds of old tasks got added to the app that she’s going to have to review and work through
- App is not syncing with tasks beyond today.
- No folders for tasks in the app.
- No notes synced in the app.

Other than that, great job Toodledo. What do you do for an encore?

And thanks for the heads up on a major upgrade during a holiday weekend. What were you all thinking???

FYI, I am a long time basic user, and for the first time in probably 15 years I am actively shopping for a ToodleDo alternative. That’s how bad this update is.

This message was edited Jul 05, 2020.
rdsteinberg

Posted: Jul 05, 2020
Score: 1 Reference
I have to agree with mlb32704 - the IOS app is a disaster. Still working on getting my tasks sorted properly and all the empty space and rearranged items is a big disappointment. Toodledo has been the most important app on my iPhone. I'm hoping I won't have to go looking for a replacement after this debacle.
drrobins

Posted: Jul 05, 2020
Score: 0 Reference
Another problem is I can’t scroll prior longer notes in view mode.

Seems to open in the mid-point of the nite and on scrolling it just springs back to that starting point. If I hand-over-hand do the scrolling I can move it a good deal, but it springs back to the middle once I let go.

Totally broken viewing. I have to enter edit mode to view otherwise.
mike9365

Posted: Jul 06, 2020
This may or may not be the right place to post this question, but it is associated with the update and comments...
I've been a user of Toodledo for about 10 years now. I'm not a "power user"; but I am dependent on the app, primarily to keep track of events. So, I had a subscription and one time, then rolled back to the free version, which mostly serves my needs. I'm not opposed to paying, but just haven't needed the features.

So, I see and IOS update but it doesn't work nad, in fact, I can't even find Toodledo in the app store at this time. My app works and syncs hoswever. So, I looked at the forums to see what was going on. I understand that there are current issues with the update. The forum reminced me, hosever, that there is no automatic backup with this app. I guess I've just becomed accustomed to using that feature on others and didn't notice that it was missing until someone mentioned doind a csv export. I have enough in app that I need to do that. I couldn't find anything obvious, so I went to help. I states that I should be able to click on my profile and select import/export. That is not available from my profile using either the app or the web version.

Can someone lend a hand here? I merely need to back up my data (especially with users reporting the loss of data after the update) and export seems to be the only option, but the help screen on Toodledo is no help.
mlb32704

Posted: Jul 06, 2020
Posted by mike9365:
This may or may not be the right place to post this question, but it is associated with the update and comments...
I've been a user of Toodledo for about 10 years now. I'm not a "power user"; but I am dependent on the app, primarily to keep track of events. So, I had a subscription and one time, then rolled back to the free version, which mostly serves my needs. I'm not opposed to paying, but just haven't needed the features.

So, I see and IOS update but it doesn't work nad, in fact, I can't even find Toodledo in the app store at this time. My app works and syncs hoswever. So, I looked at the forums to see what was going on. I understand that there are current issues with the update. The forum reminced me, hosever, that there is no automatic backup with this app. I guess I've just becomed accustomed to using that feature on others and didn't notice that it was missing until someone mentioned doind a csv export. I have enough in app that I need to do that. I couldn't find anything obvious, so I went to help. I states that I should be able to click on my profile and select import/export. That is not available from my profile using either the app or the web version.

Can someone lend a hand here? I merely need to back up my data (especially with users reporting the loss of data after the update) and export seems to be the only option, but the help screen on Toodledo is no help.

Mike, I can definitely help you.

I got burned years ago when I found out that there is no automatic backup and only a certain amount of data over a certain period was available if you needed to look back. Since then, every week without fail, I backup four files. You will find each of these under the option "Import/Export/Backup":

- Under Backup/Restore, download the Backup file. This is an XML file that I believe can be used to restore everything but I've never used it for that. The only thing that I have ever used it for is to export Toodledo data to another task management application :) Could come in real handy real soon!
- The three important files that you are looking for are under the CSV Import/Export option. They include CSV Tasks Export (both Uncompleted and Completed Tasks) and CSV Notebook Export (below those options, only if you use Notes).

With those four files, you can pretty much do anything. Hope this helps, good luck.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.