ForumsQuestionsApple Watch App

Apple Watch App
mlb32704

Posted: Sep 25, 2020
Score: 3 Reference
Repeat of a previous post, switching from "discussion" to "bug"...

So Toodledo finally released a new Apple Watch app, and it flat out doesn't work. At one point early on after installing, I got a list of old outstanding tasks. Since then including this morning, it just shows the word "Hotlist" up top with the comment "Great job, Hotlist empty" in the middle. And that's it. Obviously my Hotlist is not empty. Is there something that I need to change on the iOS or Web-based app side in terms of settings to make current Hotlist items appear on the Apple Watch? Is anyone out there listening or providing support on this?
Jim_Lewis

Posted: Nov 11, 2020
Score: 1 Reference
I just got an Apple Watch 6 a few days ago. Toodledo on the watch appears to be broken. If you press and hold the screen, you get an option to add a task. (you need to be connected to your iPhone and have Siri active). Then you can dictate your task - holding your watch so that the crown edge is facing your lips works best as the microphone is right next to the crown. You can add a single task. It goes to your iPhone Hotlist. But if you press and hold the screen, you only get options to Delete or to Complete the one task that you added. I haven't been able to add a second task to Toodledo on my watch.
mlb32704

Posted: Nov 30, 2020
Score: 0 Reference
No update from Toodledo on this months later, no surprise there. I'm much more interested in getting my list of uncompleted tasks or a hotlist view on the watch, versus using the watch as an input device for new tasks, but I'll take anything over what was delivered after waiting years for a new watch app. Which is junk that doesn't work.
Joxn

Posted: Dec 25, 2020
At first it looked like it was not working for me, too. I just saw an empty hotlist in the watch while the hotlist on the iPhone was not empty.

By doing a long press on the watch display, I was able to add a test task. This was synchronised with the iPhone and at the same time the watch received all updates from the phone.

Afterwards the watch was showing the correct hotlist and kept it in sync as expected.
mlb32704

Posted: Dec 25, 2020
Posted by Joxn:
At first it looked like it was not working for me, too. I just saw an empty hotlist in the watch while the hotlist on the iPhone was not empty.

By doing a long press on the watch display, I was able to add a test task. This was synchronised with the iPhone and at the same time the watch received all updates from the phone.

Afterwards the watch was showing the correct hotlist and kept it in sync as expected.

I can’t believe that works :) Thank you! Do I have to regularly create a test task to get it to sync or just that one time and I’m set?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.