ForumsQuestionsTags appearing in reverse alpha order when choosing for a task

Tags appearing in reverse alpha order when choosing for a task
bbarl

Posted: Oct 23, 2021
Score: 0 Reference
I use my settings to keep Tags listed alphabetically when I display them using the icon on the side of the screen.

But when I go to choose or edit Tags assigned to a task --- by clicking on the tag box on that task's line -- they are appearing in REVERSE alphabetical order.

How do I fix this?

Many thanks.
Purveyor

Posted: Oct 23, 2021
When you click on the Tag icon at the far right, and then click on the pencil icon, you'll get this page: https://www.toodledo.com/organize/tags.php

Is "Select Tags Sort Type" set to "Alphabetical - A-->Z"?

This message was edited Oct 23, 2021.
bbarl

Posted: Oct 24, 2021
Thanks for the quick reply. The Tags were indeed set for A-Z on the organizing page (and they appear in alphabetical order down the left side just fine when I go to view them that way). The rub is the order they appear when I click on the Tag box within a given task -- that's when they get reversed.

On the organizing page I tried setting them Z-A, saving the changes, then resetting them back to A-Z and saving that, just to see if it might reset them in terms of how they appear in the individual boxes. But the problem persists.
Purveyor

Posted: Oct 24, 2021
It works for me. The order that the tags appear in a task depends on the setting on the organizing page.

I've got nothing else. :-/
bbarl

Posted: Oct 28, 2021
Thanks for trying. I posted it as a help ticket, and they replied quickly. Turns out I've been using the old Tasks page, which had this bug--and using the "New" one (new since 2018, ahem) did the trick.

So if anyone else has this problem, first try logging in through tasks.toodledo.com to see if that fixes it.
DreC98

Posted: Nov 23, 2021
This exact quirky thing happens with me too, not sure why
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Nov 29, 2021
Posted by DreC98:
This exact quirky thing happens with me too, not sure why

This is a bug on the legacy tasks page.

If you use the "New" tasks page at tasks.toodledo.com, this should be fixed. If you do see this issue on the new page though, please let us know!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.