ForumsQuestionsTags - sorting weirdly in iphone and web app

Tags - sorting weirdly in iphone and web app
Gez

Posted: May 13, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
When I sort by tag on my iphone, many todo's that have been assigned the same 2 or 3 tags are listed in separate groups. So, for example, one todo has tags "shorter, 2, 0.4" and another "2, 0.4, shorter", and they are not listed together.

I know that it makes tagging easier when they can be entered freestyle, as a text string, but surely each tag should be processed as a separate entity when it comes to sorting etc.

I see that in the webapp the tags in the columns are written out also as they are in the text string field. And yet when viewing todo's by tags in the webapp, or selecting pre-defined tags in both the webapp and the iphone app, the tags are recognised as discreet.

Suggestion: Once tags are assigned and the dialogue exited, could they not be sorted within the tags text field into the same order in which they appear in the tag selection dialogue? The alternative is a lot of cutting and pasting which defeats the purpose of having the dialogues to quickly assign tags.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 13, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.
Gez

Posted: May 14, 2010
Thanks. In the meantime, I'll try to remember to always click in the tag selection from the top to bottom - that should mean they are always sorted in the same way. It's just annoying if one is already selected, which is often the case - I'll have to deselect it first. Anyway, thanks for the reply. I'm glad it is on the to-do list.
Gez

Posted: Jun 05, 2010
Another related issue; when viewing all tasks by tag from the iphone main screen, a task tagged only with "0.2" is showing up in three places - under "0.2" and also under "2". That seems kind of buggy since it doesn't act like that in the online app, and it's inconvenient for me, because I'd like to be able to quickly add up these numbers from the "Tags" screen and the duplications are preventing me from doing that.

This message was edited Jun 05, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 07, 2010
Thanks for the bug report. This is on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.