ForumsQuestionsTime tracking

Time tracking
colortheory

Posted: May 18, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
I just switched to Toodledo from Toggl, which has a stronger focus on project management and time tracking. While I love the simplicity of Toodledo's timer operation, I'd love to see how many hours I worked in a given period of time. Is there any easy way to do this? For now I've set up a timesheet folder and am tracking a single task each day, concurrent with whatever task I'm working on, to keep track.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 19, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
It isn't possible to see how many hours total you have worked in a given time period, but better time tracking is something that we have thought about for a future update.
colortheory

Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the quick response! Even just seeing what I worked on in a given day would be nice. I know I can search for "date completed" but of course that doesn't always include items that take longer than a day.
TheGriff_2

I might suggest using subtasks for those items that take longer than a day.
colortheory

Posted: May 28, 2010
I suppose that would work, though I wonder if the timer for the main task (if there is one) sums the total from the subtasks. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to try and see!
rovinacatherine Post deleted
huwevans projecthelm.com

Posted: Aug 09, 2010
I use Google calendar for this purpose. You can have many custom calendars, and it's easy to book the times you work on items. This is good when spending large amounts of time, eg. 1-2 hour blocks. However, would probably be cumbersome if your work blocks are less than this.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.