ForumsQuestionsScheduled Time gets wrong in iCal

Scheduled Time gets wrong in iCal
tanga

Posted: Nov 06, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I schedule a task for Sunday at 11am Toodledo web interface.
On syncing my Toodledo iCal calendar, the task is marked ONE hour ahead, that's to say at 10am instead of 11am.

This has been happening with all my tasks.

My time zone is Paris-Madrid-Budapest.

Hope you can help asap.

Thanks.
alexandremrj_2

Hello,

when was the Dayligh Savings time in your area? Did you updated your hour here in Toodledo?
tanga

Hi,

DTS was on October 31st.

I did updated my actual hour in Toodledo.
brianemillsap

Posted: Nov 07, 2010
I'm having this same issue on my iPhone. My reminders are coming 1 hour early. The current time setting on the website is right, and my phone's time is right.
AA

Hello,

I must confirm that as of today (Sunday, November 7th), after America switched away from summer time, all reminders now arrive 1 hour too soon for me. I am in the main continental European time zone (GMT +0100). Like Brian says above, Toodledo.com shows the correct time for me, and the iPhone and iPad show correct time for me, but all the Toodledo reminders arrive 1 hour too soon. This issue first appeared today (Sunday, November 7th), although Europe switched away from summer time a week ago (Nov 1st).

Thank you for fixing this.
AA

Issue fixed, as it appears. A couple of hours ago, I set a test reminder for 1 a.m. my time, and it arrived as it should, not one hour sooner at midnight.

Fixed just in time for those important Monday business appointments. Thank you! :-)
tanga

Unfortunately the problem has NOT been solved for me.
iCal now displays the scheduled todos' time an hour LATER than on Toodledo's website.

Note: After the US switched away from summer time, I had to change my time in my settings. I therefore assume everything should work fine now. But it doesn't.

Time Zone: Central Europe: Paris-Madrid-Budapest
We changed time on October 31st.

Please solve that, it's becoming a real problem now the weekend is over!
AA

Posted: Nov 08, 2010
Posted by tanga:
Note: After the US switched away from summer time, I had to change my time in my settings.

That's interesting, because I did not change my time in Toodledo.com settings, but it now displays for me properly anyway. I'm in the same time zone as you are.

Can you check your Toodledo.com settings again to see if your time is correctly displayed now? It seems to me that someone from Toodledo staff may have performed some configuration changes on their server on Sunday. Because you also made a manual change yourself, this could be the reason why you're currently shifted by 1 hour. (Everything is OK on my end, both the time is correct and reminders arrive at the correct time.)
tanga

Posted by AA:
Can you check your Toodledo.com settings again to see if your time is correctly displayed now?

Hi AA,

Thanks for your help.

Just checked my Toodledo time settings and they are correct.

Correct scheduled time is now replicated on iCal :-)

Problem seems therefore to be solved.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Daylight savings time seems to always cause problems. It is a very complicated thing to solve from an engineering point of view. Even Apple can't do it right

Please read our explanation of it here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=113

We will keep looking into it and make any changes that we can. Sorry for the inconvenience.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.