ForumsQuestionsTag sort order all screwed up

Tag sort order all screwed up
turndog7

Posted: Dec 13, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
wondering if anyone else has had their tag order (on iOS app) screwed up by the recent two updates... the situation is this, I have tags of @calls, @home, @work, mall, Walmart, etc... and they used to display in the order just listed, now they appear seemingly at random, @home was on the very bottom the other day, now it's in the middle of the list... I have tried deleting the app and resyncing, same thing, I have never encountered this before, any suggestions? It's quite frustrating as I've had to resort to Contexts to have a stable sort order...
Salgud

If the iPhone app is the same as the cloud app, then the tags are sorted in order of most frequent use, which means the order is constantly changing. I, and others, have requested an option to change this so we can have them in alpha order to make them easier to find. It's on their "list".
Purveyor

The order does seem to be random. It is not based on how often I use a tag, nor is it based on the most recently used tags.

Also something strange: I just created a new tag but it doesn't show on the Tag list on the iPhone, and, after syncing, it shows up on the website but still not on the iPhone.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Our iOS app has a bug that causes tags to be ordered incorrectly. We have already submitted an update to Apple that corrects this, among other things.
deweyduo

Posted: Dec 14, 2010
Whew! Thanks for keeping this subject at the top and replying with a future fix! I obsessively use tags and thought I was going to go insane! :-)
turndog7

Posted: Dec 14, 2010
thank you (for the submitted update), it was driving me crazy, and to Sal, no it wasn't in any discernable order, least of all by # of tasks tagged as such, as the web version does, just randomly that would change even if I didn't change any tags/tasks... oh well, just a bug they already have fixed, thanks to all who chimed in
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.