ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsTime sync problem on Z10, maybe others

Time sync problem on Z10, maybe others
andrewjhill

Posted: Nov 11, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
I asked the Toodledo team about this problem but, of course, it was just dismissed. The problem is not Blackberry's, as I am told. The responsibility lies with the people providing this service. At any rate, I would appreciate if any other users have had a similar problem, and if they were able to solve it.

The issue I am having has to do with syncing the time with the Z10 native calendar. It works like a charm: however, every task that I input online (i.e., through Toodledo) appears 5 hours too early on the calendar. In other words, if I set a task for 1 pm through Toodledo, it appears as 8 am on the Z10 calendar. The Z10 and online time zones are both set correctly, and no combination of changes to start/due date/time or event duration changes anything. So, online, I have set my Toodledo tasks 5 hours ahead. Note: the problem endures even if I 'artificially' change my timezone in account settings, or my Blackberry! Curiously, I am in the Eastern time zone, which is exactly 5 hours behind UTC ... not sure if that is related. Thanks in advance!

Andrew
ykphuah

The issue is because Toodledo stores the dates in an unconventional way, it stores the date as it is without taking care of the timezone information. Why it does this, I guess its historical.

I am the author of the android app MyToodle, and I have to go through some loops just to get the due date and start date synced and display correctly.
andrewjhill

Thank you for responding ykphuah. I appreciate the confirmation.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.