ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsBarcode scanner interface?

Barcode scanner interface?
raj_1312170655

Posted: Jul 15, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
I was thinking that if Toodledo, on android or iphone, had a barcode interface, then when an item which is checked off on my shopping list is out and needs to be replaced (such as a grocery item), then I could just quickly scan the barcode before tossing the container, Toodledo would find the item which is checked off and uncheck it, or add it, if needed. Quick and easy! I'm amazed that this isn't there already.

I'm thinking of purchasing my own USB scanner, connecting it to a Raspberry Pi sitting beside my fridge, and using the Toodledo public API to do this, however I don't want to spend a lot of time on something that someone may have already done.

Any pointers?
Joyce

Posted: Jul 19, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
I question if this is a practical request since most of the diet apps out there, like fitbit and myfitnesspal had rocky starts with barcodes and nutrition info. In other words, this sounds nifty, but may be more complicated to set up than you might imagine.

I use a menu and recipe program called Paprika and I have a par list for my home and circumstance set up as a recipe, each week I add that, along with whatever meals and such, then I edit based on what I still have. So if I've decided there should be 2 bags of frozen peas on hand (par) and when I edit my list and look in the freezer, Oh! I only have 1 bag left...so I adjust my list.

Yes it takes some time to set up, but it works pretty well. I live way out in the sticks, the nearest chain grocery is about 20 miles although we have a small privately owned market 5 miles away. I HAVE to plan carefully. otherwise I wind up either paying more or going without.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.