ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsToodledo Sync is now free on TaskAngel for iPhone and iPad.

Toodledo Sync is now free on TaskAngel for iPhone and iPad.
andrew

Posted: Jul 18, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Toodledo sync is now free of charge on TaskAngel IOS. Previously an in-app purchase was required, but not any more, as of version 1.6.

We have also reduced the prices of the other in-app purchases. The Pro bundle - with everything in it - is now only $4.99.

The new release is on the App Store now. For more information please visit https://www.taskangel.com/

Please let us know what you think of TaskAngel, and what new features you would like to see. You can leave feedback here or on our site.

Thanks,
Andrew
andrew

Posted: Jul 29, 2017
Hi,

We have updated TaskAngel for iPhone and iPad to version 1.7. This corrects a problem with selecting the right sync service. (On iOS we offer iCloud as an alternative to Toodledo.)

Apart from that it's the same as version 1.6. See https://www.taskangel.com/toodledo-sync-free-iphone-ipad/

Regards,
Andrew
Ummagumma

Posted: Jul 30, 2017
Hello,

I tried your app. It has a lot of promise but there are two areas in which I can't seem to make it suit my workflow:

1) I couldn't find a way to create custom filters or saved searches that would work on more than one folder. E.g. I have several folders related to personal tasks, and in both Toodledo and 2Do I have saved filters that would only show me personal tasks. In TA, I didn't find a way to do that. (It may be possible via tags which are a paid feature, but I don't want to be forced to assign a tag to every single task).

2) No way to add the tasks starting today to the Hotlist. I use the Start Date as a reminder to look at a task & define the next action for it. How would I do this in TA ?

Thank you !
andrew

Posted: Jul 31, 2017
Hi,

Thanks for your questions. I guess you are asking about TaskAngel for iPhone and iPad.

We don't yet have custom filters in TaskAngel for IOS. The easiest way to flag your personal tasks is via a tag. When you are filtering on that tag, any new tasks you create are given that tag automatically. The tag feature is only $0.99 and you can try it for free.

You can list all tasks scheduled to start today by choosing the Start Date / Today filter.

In TaskAngel for Windows, as well as using tags, you can achieve both of these using custom filters.

To set up a multi-folder filter, create a filter with the following rules "Folder = Folder 1 Or Folder = Folder 2" etc
And you can set up a hotlist called "My Hotlist" with the rules you want including "Start By Today And Not Start By Past".

Regards,
Andrew
Ummagumma

Posted: Jul 31, 2017
Thank you for reply. It seems easier to assign folders than lists, also unless I am mistaken, Reminders created via Siri are synced to matching folders, not tags. Does TaskAngel for iOS support direct sync to reminders ?

At this point, I am kind of torn. All in all, 2Do is an incredibly powerful application with amazing quick filtering. TaskAngel is pretty expensive (Windows + iOS), and doesn't support as many features. OTOH, having the same program on both the desktop and mobile is very useful. The 2Do developer says the Windows version is in the works but this may take another few years.

Are you planning on adding custom filtering to the iOS version soon ? Also, how many computers can the Windows license be used on ?
andrew

Posted: Aug 01, 2017
Hi,

Thanks again. Taking your questions in turn:

1. TaskAngel does a pure sync to Toodledo. It doesn't sync with Apple's Reminders as well, although of course it does use iOS notifications to remind you about tasks.

2. According to the App Store, 2Do Pro is four times the price of TaskAngel Pro.

3. Our Windows app has been available for many years and we are continuing to enhance it.

4. We will introduce custom filtering on iOS if there is a demand for it. We will shortly be drawing up our plans for the next release, so that's a candidate. No date yet.

5. On Windows you can use the same TaskAngel license on two computers at once.

Best wishes,
Andrew
Ummagumma

Posted: Aug 01, 2017
Thank you for reply, just some comments

>1. TaskAngel does a pure sync to Toodledo. It doesn't sync with Apple's Reminders as well, although of course it does use iOS notifications to remind you about tasks.

I was referring to adding tasks by voice via Siri (a very useful feature when e.g. driving). The list can be assigned by voice (e.g. "Hey Siri add Call Bob to my Work list". Toodledo then matches the Reminders' List to it's Folders. So no further action is required on user's part.

Using Tags to filter lists on iOS means every item must be tagged manually. This is probably not an issue with tasks added in Toodledo but it would be with tasks added via Siri (which is probably 20-30% of my tasks).

> 2. According to the App Store, 2Do Pro is four times the price of TaskAngel Pro.

Yes, but I have it already ;) To switch to TA on Windows and iOS would be about $25. So I need to figure if it will support my workflow.

>3. Our Windows app has been available for many years and we are continuing to enhance it.

>4. We will introduce custom filtering on iOS if there is a demand for it. We will shortly be drawing up our plans for the next release, so that's a candidate. No date yet.

No offense, but without custom filtering, Toodledo - and anything that syncs with it - would lose most of it's appeal vs other (simpler and prettier) services. Two main reasons to stick with it are the start date support and custom filtering (two related features).

> 5. On Windows you can use the same TaskAngel license on two computers at once.

Good to know. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions !
andrew

Posted: Aug 02, 2017
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Very helpful.

Regards,
Andrew
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.