ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by wjlynch"
wjlynch

Score: 3
  • wjlynch
  • Posted: Sep 25, 2013
  • Score: 3
I would consider coming back to Toodledo if you released a native Android app. Tried a bunch of the apps available that sync with Toodledo but none of them quite matched my experience of using the Toodledo app on my iphone. Looking forward to the release (hopefully soon!).
wjlynch

Posted Apr 06, 2011 in: Action Lists
Score: 1
  • wjlynch
  • Posted: Apr 06, 2011
  • Score: 1
Hey guys,

Been using toodledo for a few years now and during that time have run through just about every iphone app out there. For the most part, the Toodledo app and ToDo app have been battling back and forth for my main usage. I had tried out Action Lists awhile back and it just didn't resonate with me at the time. I recently purchase the full version and committed some time to it to get it configured. I have to say that this is quite possibly the best GTD experience available (IMO).

If you are a GTD purist, this app is great. With all the other apps I tried, I was always fussing around with all of the options that were available and what I finally realized is that the system should be simple and effective so you can really get things done. The thing that is great about Toodledo (the website), is that it gives you so many options to choose from no matter if you use GTD or your own system. For someone like me who is trying to stick to the GTD principles (but easily gets wooed by the other fancy bells & whistles), Toodledo can be a playground with endless configurations.

So I wanted to give a plug to the author of Action Lists (c.e.parry?) who had suggested his app to me long ago in one of the forums. Don't know why it took me this long to get it, but I'm glad I did.

Bill
wjlynch

Posted Jan 06, 2011 in: The Peter Question: Folders vs Status
Score: -1
  • wjlynch
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2011
  • Score: -1
Hey Peter,

Since the Appigo app does not display start date, how do you manage your recurring tasks on the go?

Thanks for your post - very insightful.

Bill
wjlynch

Posted Jun 04, 2010 in: Idea for future development of Toodledo
Score: 0
  • wjlynch
  • Posted: Jun 04, 2010
  • Score: 0
Thanks Andrew. I never got around to investing the time in setting up the goals, but this looks interesting and something I will try out.
wjlynch

Posted Jun 04, 2010 in: Idea for future development of Toodledo
  • wjlynch
  • Posted: Jun 04, 2010
Not sure if this is the right forum, but I had a thought for the future development of Toodledo...

I have been using a website called "Joe's Goals" for a couple years now and it has been instrumental in keeping me on track with some goals. The thing that I find most motivating is being able to "keep score" of how I am performing which leads me to my idea for Toodledo.

If toodledo could implement a scoring system into task management, then the end user could see how they have performed over a week, month, year, etc. If the end user has assigned a length of time for a specific task, like 10 minutes, then once that task is complete you register 10 points. That was one way of thinking about scoring, but I am sure you could use a combination of priority, time, importance, etc.

If you wanted to implement a social aspect to it (which I am not sure how I feel about yet), then you could allow people to have their scores visible to other Toodledo users. It almost makes you accountable in the public eye if you have been slacking off.

Just a thought. Keep up the great work and thanks for a great product.
wjlynch

Posted Dec 22, 2009 in: Dial2Do no longer free...
  • wjlynch
  • Posted: Dec 22, 2009
Proximo,

I agree that Dragon Dictation is a great app. The one issue I have in using to send tasks to Toodledo, is that if you simple record something like "Purchase milk at the store" and then go to email it to Toodledo, it puts the copy in the body of the email and not the subject. I have found that Toodledo will not accept emails without a subject (which would be the task itself). Therefore, you have to cut and paste the copy into the subject field.

Not a major issue given the convenience of voice-to-text conversion, but an extra step nontheless. Might be easier to just send the text to the clipboard, open up whatever task manager you are using and just paste it there.

By the way, Todo from Appigo has returned as my main task manager syncing with Toodledo. With the latest update, it has made the app that much better. eToDo while promising, is dead to me as long as it cannot sync with ToodleDo. The ToodleDo app for me is just not as visually appealing and the lack of filtering makes it unusable at this time. I gave Action Lists a run-through, but it is just a little too simple for my needs.
wjlynch

Posted Dec 21, 2009 in: Dial2Do no longer free...
  • wjlynch
  • Posted: Dec 21, 2009
Well, we knew it was just a matter of time before Dial2Do followed in Jott's footsteps and started charging for their service - http://www.dial2do.com/home/plans. In terms of integration with Toodledo, that function is part of their "Pro Package" and is no longer free.

Anyone know of a free service that will add tasks to Toodledo via voice?
wjlynch

• wjlynch
  • Posted: Dec 18, 2009
Evernote
wjlynch

Posted Nov 25, 2009 in: Cool new iPhone ToDo app
  • wjlynch
  • Posted: Nov 25, 2009
Yeah, I would hold off for now Proximo. No use for it yet except playing around with the features until Toodledo sync is implemented. I'll keep you posted if it turns out to be a worthy contender for our Toodledo/GTD needs.

BTW, just curious what you are currently using on the iphone and how it's working out for you. I have been back and forth between ToDo and Toodledo iphone app. I am currently getting the most use out of the Toodledo iphone app, but the lack of multiple filters is killing it for me.
wjlynch

Posted Nov 24, 2009 in: Cool new iPhone ToDo app
  • wjlynch
  • Posted: Nov 24, 2009
Proximo,

I see that the description might be a little off, but the app itself is pretty cool. The developers are based in China, so perhaps something is lost in translation.

I have not fully committed to it just yet as it does not sync with Toodledo, but they are very responsive and said that Toodledo sync is being worked on. The app only ran me $.99, so I figured I had nothing to lose. I just like the fact that it is so different from all the other todo apps out there that I have tried. What is best about it is the multiple ways of filtering lists.
wjlynch

Posted Nov 21, 2009 in: Cool new iPhone ToDo app
  • wjlynch
  • Posted: Nov 21, 2009
Hey guys,

I am a long-time user of Toodledo and a heavy user of iPhone. On my quest to find the perfect app that supports Toodledo, I came across an exciting new app called eToDo. The app is only $.99 right now, so I figured I had nothing to lose. While the app does not sync with Toodledo right now, I reached out to the developer and they plan to offer sync with Toodledo. The app is really cool and different from what is currently out there. They have built it around GTD which is another reason I really like it. I think they might have a free light version, but I didn't check.
wjlynch

• wjlynch
  • Posted: Nov 10, 2009
I share the same frustration Proximo. I refuse to change the structure I have set up on Toodledo Web to accommodate my needs on Toodledo iphone app. I have both Toodledo iphone app and Appigo ToDo iphone app installed. I find myself using the Appigo app much more often. My only gripes with it is lack of star support and lack of setting due dates as "optionally on". I do find it more visually appealing and much easier on the eyes in terms of organization. I also appreciate the multiple layers of filtering that it offers.
wjlynch

Posted Nov 03, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
  • wjlynch
  • Posted: Nov 03, 2009
Until the Toodledo app gets the filtering capability of the ToDo app from Appigo, it will continue to be "incomplete" for me. Where the ToDo app from Appigo fails me is in the fact that it does not support stars and you cannot set an "optional" due date. The quest for the perfect app continues...
wjlynch

Posted Nov 01, 2009 in: Toodledo iPhone App
  • wjlynch
  • Posted: Nov 01, 2009
I have tried both the Toodledo iphone app and the Appigo Todo iphone app. The one thing that keeps me from using the Toodledo iphone app as my main organizer is the fact that I cannot sort my lists in multiple ways. For instance, in Appigo Todo I can pick a folder, sort the list by due date and priority and then further filter the list to show a certain context and also a certain tag.

With the Toodledo iphone app, I can't get that multiple "breakdown" affect. Are you guys going to be offering multiple ways of filtering lists anytime soon?

Thanks!
wjlynch

Posted Sep 06, 2009 in: Todo App vs. Toodledo App. (iPhone)
  • wjlynch
  • Posted: Sep 06, 2009
I was a heavy user of Appigo's ToDo until Proximo posted his GTD setup. I applied his strategy which is working very well but one of the things I quickly discovered was the fact that the Appigo app does not do anything with stars which I use for Next Actions. I decided to try out the ToodleDo app and have not turned back since. Too many things to list for why I like it better, but one deal breaker for me was how easy it is on the ToodleDo app to make a task "optionally" due on a date and then repeat it so essentially it is rolling over to the next day if it is not completed.

Proximo - knowing they way you use GTD, I would say go with the ToodleDo app.
wjlynch

Posted Aug 29, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
  • wjlynch
  • Posted: Aug 29, 2009
How are you guys handling routine tasks in your system? Things like working out, laundry, etc. Specifically things that happen every day or every few days. I have been putting them in my tickler folder with a due date for the next occurrence then transitioning them over to my actions folder with a star when that due date hits. When the task is completed, it goes back into the tickler folder with a new due date. Not the most elegant way of handling it.

Anyone have a better method? For repeating tasks that take place every month, 6 months, year, I have kept those in my tickler folder as well with due dates. The due dates are usually not definite enough dates to make it on my calendar, pretty much just reminders to get that particular thing done sometime soon.

Any advice or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
wjlynch

Posted Aug 25, 2009 in: IPhone Apps
  • wjlynch
  • Posted: Aug 25, 2009
Toodledo iPhone app

Appigo Notebook - syncing w/ Toodledo notebook

SaiSuke - better calendar syncing w/ Google

Countdown - shows days until or days since events

iBlueSky - mindmapping

Outliner - using for goals management

SpeedDial icon - set for Dial2Do for voice tasks into toodledo while on the run

Evernote - great for GTD references

Google Docs web app
wjlynch

Posted Aug 25, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
  • wjlynch
  • Posted: Aug 25, 2009
Proximo,

Count me as another who is very grateful for the knowledge you are sharing. I have been using Toodledo for a very long time and am also a disciple of GTD, but you have opened up my eyes to a whole new way of managing my tasks.

One question for you if you don't mind as I am a bit stuck... For work, I have many projects that have many subtasks that all need to be completed in a certain time frame or deadline date. So I can't really get away from assigning deadline dates or I will be totally lost. Right now I have all my work tasks in the "Actions" folder with deadline dates. Wondering if I should move them all over to the "Projects" folder or "Tickler" folder? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Tough to get away from using dates when everything is time sensitive.
wjlynch

Posted Aug 24, 2009 in: Due Date Groupings Wrong
  • wjlynch
  • Posted: Aug 24, 2009
Seeing same issue. Have a bunch of tasks overdue but showing up as being due today. I actually always wanted the "overdue rollover to today" feature, but this in not quite what I was looking for.
wjlynch

Posted Jul 15, 2009 in: Pictures as part of NOTEs
  • wjlynch
  • Posted: Jul 15, 2009
I am also in big support of having this feature in both the task notes and notebook.
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next