ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Colin A"
Colin A

Score: 2
  • Colin A
  • Posted: Nov 18, 2012
  • Score: 2
I've got a number of saved searches - which is by default my main view and how I access Toodledo - is it possible to replicate these in the mobile version? I can't see that this is possible (but would have to re-think how to use if not available) - otherwise may need to keep using Ultimate to do list instead
Colin A

Score: 0
  • Colin A
  • Posted: May 17, 2010
  • Score: 0
Thanks Andrew & Tim...yes build 202 works for me...thanks

I like to be able to run from a usb stick as my workplace is quite restrictive over the programmes I can install...while working from a USB would allow more flexibility...although the synching with Toodledo helps while I'm able to work online - it's the offline aspect that TaskAngel would really help with
Colin A

• Colin A
On an another TaskAngel matter (since I can't yet post in that forum)...I understand you can't run TaskAngel from a USB pen drive...but can it be run over from a dropbox folder?
Colin A

• Colin A
Good to hear - I tried downloading 1.3 and had an error which has resulted in Taskangel being unable to open since...I wasn't to bothered as I've still got good old Toodledo...but since I haven't yet bought taskangel I would be interested to see if the new build works for me too...I've tried 1.3 build 200 with no joy which is the only version I can find on their website at present
Colin A

• Colin A
  • Posted: Apr 27, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:

6) In addition, your "new task defaults" can now be used to fill in details for tasks added via email or twitter. To begin using this, go into your account settings, and edit the "New Task Defaults" setting. Click the checkbox to allow the defaults to be applied to emailed/tweeted tasks.

Cool...now my Inbox folder will work in the way intended (rather than previously having to search for no folder)...thanks!
Colin A

• Colin A
  • Posted: Apr 26, 2010
Hi Douglas

I use the search page as my default page - I have the following searches saved:
1. Next Actions (organised by context)
2. Project List
3. Areas of Responsibility
4. One to Two year goals
5. Three to Five year goals
6. Lifestyle and Purpose

I spend most of my time in my next actions tab...but the other areas of focus have helped in keeping track of and planning for future or longer term objectives
Colin A

Posted Sep 09, 2009 in: Dark Theme Revised
  • Colin A
  • Posted: Sep 09, 2009
Hi Vin

Love the modified theme and am using it on my netbook...only problem is the "add task" button is off the screen unless I scroll (or close the sidebar)

I'm a novice at this stuff...is there a way to modify the position of the add new task button (top right)...what do I need to change?
Colin A

Posted Aug 14, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: 1
  • Colin A
  • Posted: Aug 14, 2009
  • Score: 1
I use the usual basic contexts @computer, @phone, @home etc...but I also have #Projects, 20,000ft, 30,000ft, 40,000ft & 50,000ft

This has enabled me to save a number of searchs - I've labelled them next actions - (where there are a number of search conditions - where context is not #Projects, 20,000ft etc) this gives me a list of all my next action - which I sort by context first then importance - which gives me an easily reviewable context driven list of next actions.

I then have a number of other searchs based on the earlier contexts so Projects has one search condition - has context Project...which generates my Project list. My list of 20,000ft context items is labelled Areas of Responsibility and so on (taken from the GTD book) - which helps me easily review those items at period intervals.

The only problem I found was I had to create the saved searchs in the appropriate order to ensure I got them in the correct order - so Next Actions, then Projects etc where immediately available on the main tabs. After saving all the searchs I set Search as my default page so I always get my next actions.
Colin A

• Colin A
  • Posted: Jul 07, 2009
I'm really pleased that we got a mark all as read link in the forums

But could we please have the same link (and a post a new topic link) at the top of the forums as well as the ones we have already at the bottom please.

Might seem a dumb request but so often I look quickly and want to mark as read or post a new item and I then have to scroll down (on my netbook this is small but still niggly hassle)

Thanks
Colin

This message was edited Jul 07, 2009.
Colin A

Posted Jun 17, 2009 in: Customizable reminders/alarms
  • Colin A
  • Posted: Jun 17, 2009
This is a really cool feature....but I'm on Voadafone in the UK and they don't have a email to sms gateway system running

I can use Vodafone for twitter updates - so I can add and retrieve via twitter...is there a way to use customisable reminders through twitter now (or planned)?
Colin A

Posted Jun 10, 2009 in: Efficiently adding tasks when offline
  • Colin A
  • Posted: Jun 10, 2009
There are numerous times when I'm not online and I end up writing actions on bits of paper that I then add later when on-line...well actually I'll be in a meeting and plan to do so, but don't. Or I'll delegate a task and plan to add a "waiting for" action...but I don't get round to it till I speak them later and realise it's still outstanding. So this might be about my flakey, inconsistent approach...but....

How are you adding tasks efficiently when offline?

I appreciate I could write a draft email - but then I need to remember the syntax or I end up with the footer from my mail added all the time

I don't have blackberrys/iphones...I could text...but then theirs the syntax

Does anyone have any good ideas and/or suggestions on how to use the TD syntax to make the most of texting or emailing?

Thanks
Colin
Colin A

• Colin A
  • Posted: May 11, 2009
Posted by HansD:

the https forums do indeed look strange, like the css isn't coming through or so

Cool - I hadn't worked out why sometimes if looked wierd and other times it looked OK - but you've cracked it!
Colin A

Posted Feb 13, 2009 in: Add a task by email
  • Colin A
  • Posted: Feb 13, 2009
Yes you can...check out the help page at https://www.toodledo.com/info/help_email.php
Colin A

Posted Sep 06, 2008 in: sync with outlook
  • Colin A
  • Posted: Sep 06, 2008
If you scroll down this link https://www.toodledo.com/forums/7/365/0/outlook-client-micropledge-project-outlook-security- popup.html hopefully this will help

This message was edited Sep 06, 2008.
Colin A

• Colin A
  • Posted: Sep 06, 2008
Or you could use Google Chrome - Application shortcut feature...works well for me

This message was edited Sep 06, 2008.
Colin A

Posted Aug 26, 2008 in: The length of the "Folder Name" field
  • Colin A
  • Posted: Aug 26, 2008
Did you know that you can change the length of the field yourself (and re-order them)...see the post by Toodledo above my own in the following thread - hope this helps

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/90/-332/editing-tasks.html
Colin A

Posted Jul 26, 2008 in: Toodledo AIR app
  • Colin A
  • Posted: Jul 26, 2008
Thanks...it now stays where I want it too...but when I resize the window the contents still stay the same size? If I use the slim version of toodledo this usually changes according to the width of the window. Hope you can fix this...coz then it'll be just what I wanted!
Colin A

Posted Jul 25, 2008 in: Toodledo AIR app
  • Colin A
  • Posted: Jul 25, 2008
Posted by kplenert:
Thanks Qrystal,

And thanks from me also...I had the same issue too!
But I've found I get the same problem each time I open the file

Also - anyone know how to make the window wider? I can make it bigger with my mouse but the data doesn't expand to fill it...it's just a bit narrow and the text is small for the resolution of my laptop

Otherwise this is great.

This message was edited Jul 25, 2008.
Colin A

Posted Jul 09, 2008 in: wiget
  • Colin A
  • Posted: Jul 09, 2008
Posted by Toodledo:
Yeah, there appears to be some strange javascript error that is happening. We'll look into it.

Any update on this please?

I've tried it again and I'm still getting the same problem...
TIA
Colin A

Posted Jul 02, 2008 in: wiget
  • Colin A
  • Posted: Jul 02, 2008
I'm not allowed to download Prism onto my work laptop with XP...so I was trying to use the Active Desktop and the slim interface detailed above - I can get it to load OK and when I click on any of the links I can momentarily see my data but it quickly and automatically returns back to the main page...is there a way to stop this from happening?

I got the idea from a Lifehacker post here http://feeds.gawker.com/~r/lifehacker/full/~3/324382366/embed-remember-the-milk-on-your-windows-desk top for RTM I assumed it should work for Toodledo?
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next