ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Larry2"
Larry2

Score: 1
  • Larry2
  • Posted: Aug 28, 2019
  • Score: 1
I'm not sure where i'ts located on the web site but here is a link I use to report bugs and ask questions. I think you can find it by searching the FAQ buy looking for "ticket"

https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php
Larry2

Posted Aug 25, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Larry2
  • Posted: Aug 25, 2019
Posted by Ummagumma:
It's a quick money grab, indeed. And it reeks of desperation.

Not surprising, either. I predicted this long ago. A service that has less name recognition than most competition, has an outdated interface, no modern workable mobile client or Apple Watch client, no Windows sync client or desktop app, yet is suddenly 2-3 times more expensive than its competitors. How would it do anything but scare off potential new users and drive away most of the old paying ones ? A few diehard old users willing to pay these prices aren't going to make up for these losses.

Greed and unrealistic expectations destroyed more than one product.

So, with this new "Lifetime" subscription drive, there's three possible outcomes:

1) They will keep the servers running for a few months / years without making any major changes to the program.

2) They will collect as many subscriptions as they can, then fold or sell to someone who may or may not keep the servers going or honor these lifetime subscriptions.

3) They will use the money to improve service, fix bugs, add mobile clients, and save Toodledo.

We'll see which way it goes... but this whole situation makes me really sad.

I decided to risk the lifetime offer to give me some breathing room. I use a third party app (Task Angel) on my iOS devices and their Windows app (not the one through Windows store) so Toodledo's lack of app development doesn't bother me as much as it would others. That means I can use their backend service as long as it is up. I do use a couple backend features (notifications, integration with IFTTT).

I'm interested to see what happens to my Silver plan which expires Sep 8. Will it still work with IFTTT? I know it won't work with third party apps but I don't know if that includes third party services. Also, I think I remember reading that Toodledo will never have ads but I've seen some comments that there are ads on the Basic free level. Can anyone confirm? I had a free for setting up the lifetime account but didn't see any ads in the short time it was at the Basic level.
Larry2

Posted Aug 24, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Larry2
  • Posted: Aug 24, 2019
@AA. If I get a year I'm ok and haven't lost anything. Hopefully it'll be more than a year though. I've been using RTM and Todoist premium for a couple months. While they are OK (Todoist is better for my needs) Toodledo is still better. We'll see.

I have found an interesting quirk on the forums. I created a new account and that's the one my Plus was applied to. I've set it up the same as my original and went into forums from the drop down menu in top right screen corner. I came to this News forum and read your post but I can't make a reply under my new account. It says that only administrators (or something like that) can post in News. Yet here I am using my old Silver account and can do so. I'm not sure if there has to moderator verification or not but it's odd I had to go to my old account to post.
Larry2

Posted Aug 23, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 0
  • Larry2
  • Posted: Aug 23, 2019
  • Score: 0
Well, I don't know for sure what I did but I managed to subscribe and get the lifetime coupon to be accepted in a new Toodledo account. The new account has an email I don't use much anymore and so may change it later. I guess I'll import my old account into the new and let the old become a Basic when Silver runs out.

This message was edited Aug 23, 2019.
Larry2

• Larry2
I think I see my mistake. I used my existing Silver email address when I bought the license. I think I saw somewhere here that you have to give same email as Toodledo account but it also has to be the free version.

The new free Toodledo account I created has a different email address.

My current subscription expires Sep 8 so I'll wait until it reverts to basic free and try again. I did notice the coupon code is only good for 30 days.
Larry2

• Larry2
Ok. So I spent the $40 but when I try to add it a new free account coupon code when I upgrade I get Invalid Coupon Code. I created a new free account to try this and also did try to upgrade my current Silver plan subscription. Same response both tries.

Am I missing something?
Larry2

• Larry2
I'm tempted on the $40 lifetime but am hesitant.

Why would Toodledo offer such a reduction via outside their own website? What does stacksocial get out of this?

If if supported by Toodledo, why would they offer such a huge reduction? Lifetime subscriptions are not the best money generating means to profit.
Larry2

Posted Aug 22, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Larry2
  • Posted: Aug 22, 2019
Posted by Scott Florack:
https://stacksocial.com/sales/toodledo-plus-lifetime-subscription

You receive a code and redeem it in Toodledo. Subscription needs to be manually renewed by CS every 5 years.

Wow. I'm insulted. They're offering Plus for basically Standard pricing with no Standard special pricing.

That's aside from whether they'll be around in a year. I suspect they will be though but it wouldn't surprise me if they changed ownership and pricing structures.
Larry2

Posted Aug 22, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Larry2
  • Posted: Aug 22, 2019
Posted by Scott Florack:
The whole business model is quite humorous. They alienated their longtime customers by tripling the yearly fee, and now they're selling a lifetime subscription at the Plus level for nearly half the yearly rate.

Cash grabs are never a good sign, but you might as well get the deal. If they are still around in 9 months you'll have broken even.

Where are you seeing the lifetime subscription pricing? When I go to my Subscriptions I see just regular pricing displayed.

I was going to see if it was on their pricing page but I can't remember how to get to it and got tired of trying to find it.
Larry2

Posted Aug 20, 2019 in: Anant, can you give us an update?
  • Larry2
  • Posted: Aug 20, 2019
@DRFrankBuck - for some reason I can't see your recent posts without going to your profile and checking posts. When I go to the forum, which has a red dot and your name an time you posted in a thread I don't find your post at all.

I've found this true of the last two posts you've made and have also tried using a different browser where I'm not logged into my Toodledo account.
Larry2

• Larry2
  • Posted: Aug 16, 2019
I'm assuming that if it can't find my email address then I don't have a current subscription?

I thought I'd read that those with old Silver+ subscriptions would not be auto renew until they signed up under one of the new plans. I trust that's why it can't find my email address because I still have a Silver plan.
Larry2

Posted Aug 16, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Larry2
  • Posted: Aug 16, 2019
I can't access Linkdin without an account. Does it say he's left Toodledo?
Larry2

Posted Aug 06, 2019 in: What has changed in the last year?
  • Larry2
  • Posted: Aug 06, 2019
Posted by boydston01:
The completed section of the feature request roadmap gives some info: https://roadmap.toodledo.com

Though, the completion of some items is dubious. Like "Google calendar 2-way sync" is very far from immediate syncing (which renders it useless for me)... AND the syncing is buggy (which render it useless for everyone).

Thanks. I missed that page.

While I see a number of things "completed" I'm not sure that's correct. I saw several that are marked complete but still seemed to have bugs according the latest posts. I only played with one new options - colored tags but didn't try to confirm some of the bugs reported were still there.

It seems most of the completed are web based, at least as far as I read. They really, really need to get apps up and running. I know, you can access the web from a cell phone or tablet but from my perspective that's not a solution. It's a workaround.
Larry2

Posted Aug 05, 2019 in: What has changed in the last year?
  • Larry2
  • Posted: Aug 05, 2019
Posted by Duo:
Posted by Larry2:

[...]
Since I use a third party ios app I'm not inclined to renew just to use it and Toodledo "premium" features.
[...]

Larry2, you may be forced to renew if you want to keep using Toodledo as the back end.

I believe that now only their own apps sync with the free version. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Duo, yes that's correct. Basic does not allow any 3rd party integration so I'd have to upgrade to Premium. Since Basic is too basic I would not choose that plan.
Larry2

Posted Aug 04, 2019 in: What has changed in the last year?
  • Larry2
  • Posted: Aug 04, 2019
Anything else?

One update in a year? Is batch edit available on the iOS app?

Since I use a third party ios app I'm not inclined to renew just to use it and Toodledo "premium" features.

The iOS beta seems to have stalled if the beta forum is to be used as a guide. Particularly last post that the beta has expired without a word from developers.

And where's the monthly updates promised?
Larry2

Posted Aug 02, 2019 in: What has changed in the last year?
  • Larry2
  • Posted: Aug 02, 2019
I admit I haven't followed development too much this past year. I use a third party app on my iPhone and Windows computer. I rarely use a web browser to access my account.

I got curious about what development has been completed for those of us not in the Business plan and so looked over the Feature Requests. Scrolling down I don't see any Completed. So, what has been completed? I assume that the broad usage represented on this forum can tell me what's been improved.

I also looked at some early posts regarding 6 month updates and plan. Some I can see have not been completed and some may be completed in browser use but I don't know. Have most of them been completed to your satisfaction?

He wrote:
The detailed roadmap and timeline is coming soon. But, to give you a peak, it will include:

-- Easier task input and access: We’re prioritizing getting mobile apps, voice input, smartwatch apps, calendar integrations, and task sharing so that you never fall behind on your to-do list, no matter where you go
-- Better usability for managing tasks: Starting with batch edit or to drag-and-drop within a view to get the order you want. Also, Toodledo should do more heavy lifting to reduce redundant tasks like moving overdue tasks from yesterday or helping you identify and prune prune long overdue tasks
-- More customizable features: Toodledo shines for folks who prefer to have complete control over their tools. This includes things like linking subtasks to due dates, custom names for fields, added sort functionality, editable completion dates

Finally a confession. My Silver plan ends in September and right now I don't think I'll renew but is you say many are in fact complete then I can assume there is active development taking place and that may sway my decision.
Larry2

• Larry2
  • Posted: Jul 24, 2019
I sent an email to tech support wanting to know if it was a bug that pricing wasn't easily available. Here's their reply:

It is not a bug. We want our users to register on our site and then see the subscription page. New user can also go to subscription page from homepage or visiting this : toodledo.com/subscribe.

Hope that helps!
Larry2

• Larry2
  • Posted: Jul 19, 2019
All I can say is Wow.

Why would anyone want to bury their service levels and costs so deep? Who would think you have to scroll to bottom of page to get purchase information?

Thanks for letting me know. I never would have found it myself.
Larry2

• Larry2
  • Posted: Jul 18, 2019
FWIW, I emailed support asking about the web page link and asked if it's a bug in their website.
Larry2

• Larry2
  • Posted: Jul 18, 2019
Here's reply I received when I asked for clarification of the integration policy.

"Basic app integration will give access to only our(toodledo) mobile apps. Where as if you subscribe to plus plan it will enable integration for all 3rd party apps."

To me it's not clear if services will continue to work but I'm guessing not.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next