ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Xxx_2"
Xxx_2

Posted Jul 07, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 1
  • Xxx_2
  • Posted: Jul 07, 2018
  • Score: 1
I thank Jake for having dedicated himself with absolute effort in all these years to the development of Toodledo. In recent times however, it has been noticed that the product slowed in its evolution, notably in the iOs version, which left me, along with other users, thinking that a possible sale of the company was on the way, which is materialized now. Of course Jake could not talk about it, but the signs became more and more evident - the traditional New Year message with the list of what was done and list of next steps, which only came out days later, when I and other users questioned about it, was the latest sign.

Well, regardless of all this, hopefully the new team can meet at least part of the users' requests in forums ... of course, we know that not everything is possible to be done, Jake himself had already explained about cost x benefit, for example by investing a lot of time and money into some feature that would be used by very few users. But on the other hand, there is much to be improved that can be simple things to do.

The main thing for me is to complete the recoding of the Toodledo iOs option, which Jake had started. My use is 99% mobile and let's face it, the usability of a dedicated app is much bigger than the option to use through a web browser for persons with strong mobile use.

So, I hope that as others have said, great changes do not come, but improvements keep what is working, working!

Good luck to the new team, and congratulations to Jake for all his effort since the zero mark.
Xxx_2

Posted Jan 02, 2018 in: Lack of Communication
  • Xxx_2
  • Posted: Jan 02, 2018
I was actually afraid that the product development had been abandoned, but with Jake's enlightening post above, I was very excited and confident that the program I chose to manage a large part of my activities is in the right way. It essential to me know that this product is being worked and accompanied by the Toodledo team. Thanks for the "year in review"!
Xxx_2

Posted Jan 02, 2018 in: Toodledo 2017 - The Year in Review
Score: 0
  • Xxx_2
  • Posted: Jan 02, 2018
  • Score: 0
I think in the same way: I was actually afraid that the product development had been abandoned, but with Jake's enlightening post above, I was very excited and confident that the program I chose to manage a large part of my activities is in the right way. I was in the last year increasingly transferring to Toodledo tasks that were in other apps (eg shopping list, workflow of my tasks in photographic work and others), to benefit from the centralized use of a single app to manage all of them, in a good product, stable, with data backup, etc ... and it was essential to me know that this product is being worked and accompanied by the Toodledo team. Thanks for the "year in review"!
Xxx_2

Posted Jan 01, 2018 in: Lack of Communication
  • Xxx_2
  • Posted: Jan 01, 2018
Hi, I am an old user of Toodledo, I am an old user, for many years already, having followed the development of Toodledo through forums of messages, new releases, etc ... I use Toodledo only on my iPhone, and it is the app that I most on my cell phone, my main and excellent organizer of my daily life.

Already a few months ago, I was surprised by the lack of news about new developments for iOs...The option to import from Wunderlist was the last communication for the iOs platform, and this in April / 2017... So, last month, I asked Toodledo in the forum here if there are an update for iOs planned, and I received the answer that yes, it was definitely in their ToDo.

But at the end of the year, I went back to the forum search for subtasks, and found posts talking about exactly that lack of developments, such as

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/25365/0/toodledo-needs-a-project-manager.html

There is a justification from Toodledo saying that the focus now is on things like tracking the performance of the new layout. OK, but I was struck by the lack of the traditional "year in review", along with the wishes of a happy new year, in a message about the next steps in a road map for the new year. Yesterday I got to see the message of this type posted by Toodledo on 12/30/16. But today it was erased, and no new message of the type was placed...

I'm worried the same way as you: is something is being done by the development time or for some reason, the development of Toodledo was reduced or interrupted ... would be a huge penalty, because I have not found such a good, safe and efficient app in what it does... Of course, there are things to be done, improved, etc ... but I would not want to feel insecure to think if can expect to continue being able to use this great app for many years ...
Xxx_2

Score: 2
  • Xxx_2
  • Posted: Oct 29, 2017
  • Score: 2
Hi Jake, I would like to know if there is any forecast yet this year for a new version of Toodledo iOS ... I am a user for many years of this excellent app (the main one app I use daily). I followed his evolution all the time, but I noticed that since April the app is no longer updated ... thanks and keep up the great work!
Xxx_2

Posted May 12, 2013 in: iOS App Version 3.0.5
  • Xxx_2
  • Posted: May 12, 2013
Posted by Jake:
It appears that there is a strange upgrade bug that we never encountered in testing. Im not sure yet why the app thinks the password is incorrect, but we are investigating. In the meantime, this should solve the problem:

1) Press the home button to return to the home screen.
2) Double tap the home button to bring up the multi-tasking dock.
3) Tap and hold on the Toodledo icon until it starts to jiggle.
4) Tap the red - symbol in the upper left corner of the Toodledo icon to force quit the app.
5) Relaunch Toodledo
6) Enter your password in the Sync Settings page and press save.

Very sorry for the inconvenience. I know that our iOS app is a disappointment to many people, myself included. Last week, I hired another iOS developer to help us fix things, so it should get better.

Jake, as you can see by the comments, are not only issues relating to the interface (colors and patterns, etc ...) but also the behavior of the app, as reported by dgeveke below. I'm happy with your news about investments in iOS developers ... I would like to see what worked in 3.0.1 running on the new version, plus options of colors, fonts, etc ... Toodledo is a great app and would look even better with these implementations!
Xxx_2

Posted May 08, 2013 in: iOS App Version 3.0.5
Score: 2
  • Xxx_2
  • Posted: May 08, 2013
  • Score: 2
Posted by paul_1351977321:
Does 3.0.5 provide an option to use the interface from 3.0.1? Is that one of the "updates on the way soon?" Thanks.

I'm still using 3.0.1 ... I update my iPhone whenever any new release of apps appears, but being careful not upgrade Toodledo. I'll wait to see if any upcoming update brings the option of at least parts of 3.0.1, for me, the best in terms of usability and visual so far. I really like Toodledo, but liked the old interface or, on the other hand, some things I did not like on the new interface ...
Xxx_2

Posted Mar 20, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
  • Xxx_2
  • Posted: Mar 20, 2013
Posted by Christoph Dollis:
First impressions on version 3.0.3 on iPhone 4.

1. It's faster the last iteration. Thanks for that, Jake and developers. It still doesn't feel quite as snappy as 3.0.1, but it isn't slow as molasses either. That said, I've deleted my completed tasks so fingers crossed as those accumulate over time.

2. The strength of Toodledo is its SORTING, and yet my custom sort order for folders, which I use all the time (like "contexts", but I can designate some private) is different in different views.

Unlike "Priority" which easily maintains its order, the folder order DOES jump around in the All Tasks page.

When I am in certain folder views and click all tasks, the last folder I was in will be on top. This is as annoying as if "Medium Priority" was somehow on top -- instead, it should just always show the same sort order particularly since sort order is what Toodledo is all about.

This is aggravating as it makes me stop and think every time I change folder, and think differently depending on where I am. Can you please, pretty please, ensure that custom (or alphabetical, as the case may be) folder order is respected throughout the app?

3. On the website, you can choose to allow subtasks to default to the parent tasks attributes, but this doesn't work on the app. It ought to be an option.

4. Speaking of subtasks, please allow an "indented" mode.

5. Some things, like quick adding tasks, and adding subtasks, and even changing folder views (because the expanding list remains open) are a click less, and this is nice.

6. This next point is really REALLY important, and would be so trivial for you to implement. PLEASE listen to it.

(Really important point follows.)

The greyish colored font is not as easy to see as black font, for obvious reasons. I use this app a lot, as do many people. Not everyone has great eyesight, or has bright screens (may be dimmed to conserve battery life or, alternatively, be being viewed outdoors), etc. There should be an option for black font on a white background.

Surely this is basic?

That's how it is done here, on this page. Also on the Toodledo website itself (and the old app). And pretty much every website that gets a lot of traffic.

Black text. White background. This is doable? At least as an option?

You can leave the auxiliary information below the task in the greyish-colored font.

7. The colored corners for priority are NICE.

Really, I like the concept. A lot.

But why DIFFERENT colors for priority on the app vs. the website?

?

I don't want to think about what the colors mean and do distracting mental translations every time I look at my task list on various systems. It should be easy enough to have priority colors be the same on the website as on the app.

I mean, this is just CSS. You could do it in half an hour or so, I imagine.

Update: I just figured out how to use a user style to change the priority colors on the website, so I'm good here ... although it still wouldn't be a bad idea in general.

Would love for there to be a separate CSS class for Negative priority than Low priority though. :P

Suggested:

.pri3 = top
.pri2 = high
.pri1 = medium
.pri0 = low
.pri00 = negative [the only new CSS class]

For what it's worth, I added this CSS and the priority colors work a lot better for me, matching the iOS app:

#tasks {
color: #595959 !important;
}

.pri0 {
color: #6E6E6E !important;
}

.pri1 {
color: #797006 !important;
}

.pri2 {
color: #B26E01 !important;
}

.pri3 {
color: #700000 !important;
}

And for those styling by dates, you can use the CSS below changing the color to whatever values you prefer:

.date0 {
color: grey !important;
}

.date1 {
color: yellow !important;
}

.date2 {
color: orange !important;
font-weight: bold !important;
}

.date3 {
color: red !important;
font-weight: bold !important;
font-style: italic !important;
}

8. A lot of people are complaining about the amount of info below the task title in the task list. In fact, it used to be an option to enable additional details below the task if there's room to, and now it's enabled by default.

I'd prefer to have the option, but oh well. One thing though.

Every recurring task has the recurring task indicator in the checkbox. And just a few pixels away, below the task, is a miniature version of the same recurring task icon followed by the recurring frequency. The description for which begins with "Every" ... as in, "Every Friday", "Every 2 weeks", etc.

This is completely redundant.

Can you please get rid of the totally redundant miniature recurring icon co-located with the large recurring icon? Or, failing that, keep it, but get rid of the text which says "Every"?

9. Any chance that, on both the website and mobile app, the accordion divider could remember its state? So if you collapse it, it stays collapsed until you click it again? That would be sweet.

As I've said before, Toodledo team could solve most of these issues by creating themes and / or creating options in Settings ... for example, the color of the source mentioned by Chritoph could easily be an option, the user chooses gray, black, etc ... and can choose the font size, color, etc ... The more an app is configurable, more satisfied users!
Xxx_2

Posted Mar 09, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
  • Xxx_2
  • Posted: Mar 09, 2013
Posted by Christoph Dollis:
Posted by slateboy:
i think the best solution would be to have a set of "themes" where we can choose between the old look and the new look.
That'd keep everyone happy, wouldn't it?

Only if stability and speed are as good as version 3.0.1.

Because like choosing a wife, it's more than about looks.

yes, first stability and speed, second the "themes" and everything is solved!
Xxx_2

Posted Mar 09, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
  • Xxx_2
  • Posted: Mar 09, 2013
Posted by slateboy:
i think the best solution would be to have a set of "themes" where we can choose between the old look and the new look.
That'd keep everyone happy, wouldn't it?

Perfect would be great, but there are also some issues of changes in behavior over the previous app. Anyway, it would help a lot, I think a great solution and Jake would hit the fly if he chose that path ..
Xxx_2

Posted Mar 07, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
  • Xxx_2
  • Posted: Mar 07, 2013
I hope that after resolving performance problems, Toodledo back to work to provide the version "Classic" of the app along with the "New Improved" version in the iTunes Store, giving users the option to choose.
If however Toodledo not decide to do this, I think the best path now is become optional in Settings most demanded items (buttons size, font size, text color, contents shown or not, etc ...). I know many apps that work very well, leaving to the user's choosing many things like these.
I use Toodledo on my iPhone several times a day, in actions that need to be fast and easy to see wherever I am, in a well-lit ambient or not, walking or sitting in the office, in the elevator, etc. ... and then the interface has to "communicate" well and fast, and this is not better with tiny buttons, pastel colors and wasted spaces ... Of course, for some the new dimmed style might work, but for me, the old one was great, with the only requirements to improve the long've been asking and have always been left to the future of the team Toodledo as Emoji icons, option to coloring texts, etc. ...
Xxx_2

• Xxx_2
  • Posted: Sep 07, 2012
Well... I think I have exaggerated in my statement, sometimes we get a little anxious with news ... keep up the good work! Best regards...
Xxx_2

• Xxx_2
  • Posted: Sep 06, 2012
A long time I not see new significatively implementations in iPhone version (many were requested by users so far...) except minor tweaks and fixes. The Toodledo was abandoning development on that platform and focusing on the corporate market? Thanks por attention...
Xxx_2

Posted Jul 03, 2012 in: Collaboration Improvements
Score: -1
  • Xxx_2
  • Posted: Jul 03, 2012
  • Score: -1
Posted by Toodledo:
With today's update to collaboration, you can now create joint tasks that appear on multiple people's lists at the same time.

Toodledo was originally invented to be a personal task manager. Collaboration wasn't even an idea in our heads when we started. As such, Toodledo was originally designed to have a one-to-many relationship between people and tasks. A person could have multiple tasks, but a task could not have multiple people. This design decision permeated every aspect of Toodledo all the way from the database through the website and into our iPhone app and even 3rd party apps built atop Toodledo. Changing the task model to a many-to-many relationship was not a trivial task. Almost every part of Toodledo needed to be heavily modified and extreme care had to be taken to avoid breaking any existing 3rd party tools.

An analogy would be if you had a horse drawn carriage and wanted to add AC. You need electricity to run the AC, and you need an engine to make the electricity and you need a gas tank to power the engine. So, to add an AC you need to first add a gas tank. For the last two years we've been adding a lot of gas tanks. We've taken some detours, but we have never lost sight of the finish line. Today we are proud to release Toodledo's first iteration of a many-to-many task sharing feature.

There are now two types of private sharing. We have Workspaces which allow you to switch into someone else's list and manage their tasks (with permission, of course). This is what we had before, and it remains unchanged. The new, second type of private sharing is being called Joint Tasks and it allows the same task to appear on multiple people's lists at the same time. Any of the collaborators can manage the joint task and changes will be reflected on everyone's list. For each of your collaborators, you can customize how you can to share your tasks.

For more details, please read our updated sharing documentation.

The core functionality of joint tasks is now in place, but this is only the first step. We plan to expand on this in future updates. We want to enable sharing in our iOS app, and via our API so that 3rd party apps can integrate with Toodledo collaboration. We also plan to make it possible to make joint folders and other ways to more easily share tasks and collaborate on projects.

We have also squeezed in a few smaller changes to today's update.
1) If you try to close the page when you are in the middle of editing a note, it will now prompt you to save the note before you leave to prevent you from losing your changes.
2) Task length can now be 2 decimal places long, so you can enter times such as ".25 hours" instead of "15 mins"
3) Evernote links in task notes will now be clickable.
4) When sorting your list by date added/modified/completed in reverse, the date added/modified/completed column will be displayed
5) Bug fixes

This a good job for business users (the main focus of the concept of collaboration). But do not forget the users personal (one-person-to-many tasks that do not use collaboration) and the various suggestions made by users!
Xxx_2

Posted Jun 08, 2012 in: iOS App Update: Collapsable dividers
  • Xxx_2
  • Posted: Jun 08, 2012
Posted by Toodledo:
We tested this on the iTouch and did not have any problems. Please try these steps and if they don't help please create a support ticket and attach a crash log.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=80

hello, I did all the steps above (reset, reinstall the application, etc ...) but the problem keeps occurring. I was able to determine that the crash occurs sporadically (but often) when I'm editing a note on the notebook, and then click on the Save button. Then the crash occurs. When I restart Toodledo, I can see that nothing typed in the note was lost (the Save operation worked) despite the crash. You wrote in the crash suggestions procedure to send to you a "crash log". I do not know if I'm right, but it seems not possible to obtain a "crash log", as the problem occurs with the mobile application (iTouch), not the version running on the laptop. I will create a support ticket for this issue, thanks for attention.
Xxx_2

Posted Jun 07, 2012 in: iOS App Update: Collapsable dividers
  • Xxx_2
  • Posted: Jun 07, 2012
Hello, I am in Toodledo iTouch user, I do not know if you have any connection with the recent version 2.2.1, but since I did the update has been listed craches while I am updating the existing text in the notes: the screen freezes and comes seconds after the crash . I wonder if this is a bug to be fixed.
Second, I also noticed a slight decrease in performance when doing some navigation within the application (not very significant, but noticeable). Thank you!
Xxx_2

Posted Jun 06, 2012 in: iOS App Update: Collapsable dividers
  • Xxx_2
  • Posted: Jun 06, 2012
Posted by Toodledo:
Apple has just approved our latest update (version 2.2.1) to our popular iOS App.

Here is what is new:
✔ List dividers can now be collapsed and expanded by tapping on them.
✔ List dividers show the number of tasks inside each section.
✔ If a task has an alarm, the task details screen will now show when the alarm will happen.
✔ If you have modified a note and press the cancel button by accident, it will warn you that you are about to lose your changes.
✔ The sync log is now more verbose
✔ Languages with right to left writing (Hebrew) will now be displayed correctly
✔ Bug fixes

App Store

If Toodledo helps you be more productive, please consider giving us a rating/review in the iTunes App Store. Even if you have rated us before, you can rate us again with each new update that we release. It really does help us to have good ratings.

This message was edited Jun 07, 2012.
Xxx_2

• Xxx_2
  • Posted: Apr 08, 2012
Posted by Toodledo:
Emoji in tasks will not work at this time. We are looking into supporting this in the future.

OK, thanks for the info ... there are other type of characters, named "glyps", such as those offered by applications like "Glyphboard".. There aren't "emoji" ... there are simple symbols, B&W, not colored .. are supported by Toodledo?

Another question: I tested some "glyps" and they worked, even some of "emoji" work, other not... the fact that these work means that I can use them (these in particular) without problems? Or do you advise not to use them?

Finally, I suggest yours to add documentation on which characters are accepted in Toodledo tasks. Thank you!
Xxx_2

• Xxx_2
  • Posted: Apr 07, 2012
After using for a long time the Toodledo iPhone application, I decided to enter emoji characters at the beginning of the names of some tasks. To my surprise, after the sync occurs, the entire text (name of the task) has disappeared, giving way to an empty field ... So, I was afraid to continue using emoji characters in the names of tasks and lose information again ... I wonder if these characters are allowed in Toodledo and run the risk of losing information and continue to insist on its use... This is a bug or a normal behavior (emoji is prohibited)? Thank you very much!
Xxx_2

Posted Feb 24, 2012 in: Facebook and Twitter Integration
Score: -1
  • Xxx_2
  • Posted: Feb 24, 2012
  • Score: -1
you say "(...) where we will be posting these announcements in the future as well as other tips and special promotions"; as I do not use Facebook nor Twitter, I wonder if this section "Help - Blog / News" anyway, will remain where it is today, or at least can be read in the future without the user having Face / Twitter. I believe the correct thing is to keep copy of these news on all platforms, not to restrict access to users who do not want to use Face / Twitter. Keep up the good work.

This message was edited Feb 24, 2012.
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next