• Score: 0
Yes please! Add 43 for my organisation!
Rob G

Posted Jun 08, 2010 in: Sharing Tasks
Score: 0
  • Rob G
  • Posted: Jun 08, 2010
We are looking at using the sharing feature of ToodleDo pro accounts. We want to be able to:
1) Assign a task to another person and have it stay in the same folder - i.e. they have the same folder, and preferably context too. I've not yet been able to get the other collaborators to add me, so I can't test this yet, but will it work or will the task ALWAYS end up with in No Folder?
2) Be able to see all the tasks assigned to anyone in the nominated shared folder. That is, an overview of all the tasks we are sharing.

TIA

Rob
Rob G

Posted Apr 06, 2010 in: Toodledo for iPad / iPhone
  • Rob G
  • Posted: Apr 06, 2010
Does ToodleDo 1.6 require iPhone OS 3.1.3 or will 3.1.2 be sufficient?
Rob G

Posted Feb 24, 2010 in: Parent Tasks in Search Views
  • Rob G
  • Posted: Feb 24, 2010
I have a request that when in the search views that Parent Tasks behave as follows:

Flattened: only parent tasks that meet the search criteria - the same as now.

Hidden: Hide the sub-tasks as now, but show the Parent Tasks.

Indented: Show the Parent Tasks for all the sub-tasks.

The basic idea is that I'm not trying to eliminate a sub-task completely when I use Hidden. I just want to summarise it. Its up to the search to eliminate a subtask, or not. So if the search does not already show the Parent, it needs to show it. I don't want to think I have nothing in the search, cos it actually has projects that meet the criteria (parent tasks via sub-task matching)

Similarly with Indented. This view means I want to see the sub-tasks indented by Parent Task, so if the Parent Task is not in the results, add it in.

This is really crutial for me to get an almost perfect Project implementation as per GTD. If you do not see this as important, lets discuss it further.

Or maybe you could augment search so that you could request that parent tasks are included for all sub-tasks that match the search. Its not the best solution because the Flattened view will be polluted with extraneous Parent Tasks.
Rob G

• Rob G
  • Posted: Feb 17, 2010
I have a search that only lists tasks that have subtasks. Every task then has "Add a Subtask" and "Some tasks are hidden becasue of your search. Show All" displayed underneath it.

The Parent Task icon to the left of the task has one option to show hidden taks and another to Add a Subtask.

So you can do it 2 ways. Is there an option to only have the options available from the icon so the view becomes much less cluttered - half the size/twice as many projects?

Also I noticed that the icon option to Show hidden tasks doesn't actually do so, except when the subtasks have just been created. All it does is remove the offending line below the task. Obviously this needs to be fixed in order for the option to remove the line underneath to be useable.
Rob G

Score: -1
  • Rob G
  • Posted: Feb 16, 2010
  • Score: -1
+1 Evernote
Rob G

Posted Feb 16, 2010 in: Firefox 3.6
  • Rob G
Clearly its working now :-)
Rob G

Posted Feb 16, 2010 in: Firefox 3.6
  • Rob G
Testing psoting to the forum using FF 3.6
Rob G

Posted Feb 10, 2010 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
  • Rob G
  • Posted: Feb 10, 2010
@Proximo it seems you have changed the way you use Toodledo - you're not using searches as your main lists?
Rob G

Posted Feb 10, 2010 in: Firefox 3.6
  • Rob G
Firefox 3.6 seems to have some issues. E.g. I can't post a Forum reply and when I modify a search and run it, the search cannot be saved.
Rob G

Posted Feb 10, 2010 in: Parent Tasks at Top of List
  • Rob G
I use Proximo's setup but I've taken out the Projects Folder and instead use a Projects Tag. Now I can make any Task in any Folder a Project, even if its just a single Task with no subtasks, yet.

All existing searches had the - Folder is Projects removed.

I then added 2 new searches, one for All Actions and one for All Projects.

All Actions is Checked No AND Has Subtasks No AND Is Subtask No AND Tag doesn't contain Projects.

All Projects is an "Any" search. Checked No AND Has Subtasks Yes OR Checked NO AND Is Subtask No AND Tag Contains Projects. This lists top level projects WITHOUT subtasks or tasks that do not yet have subtasks but are still Projects. This provides for a very succinct list. At any time you can click on the Parent Tasks icon to show the subtasks.

On iPhone I don't have searches of course so I can't use the Projects view, but I don't do my weekly review on my iPhone so thats fine. I use the Star for Next Action and sort by that and Nested Subtasks and so in Contexts I see my most important Tasks at the top.

This message was edited Feb 10, 2010.
Rob G

Posted Nov 15, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
  • Rob G
  • Posted: Nov 15, 2009
Posted by Proximo:
I am not saying that my GTD setup is perfect in any way. But Steve is correct.

Here is a video.

http://screencast.com/t/qlrUIpzO

@Proximo I'm not clear how you got the sub-tasks to appear without the parent task in the Waiting For folder when the sub-task view is "indented". For me, a sub-task is only shown in the Parent's folder - whatever the sub-task's folder is - if using Indented view.

Is there some setting somewhere to control this?

Without this I have sub-tasks that don't appear where they should unless I have set the parent's folder to be the same. This is my number one gripe with Toodledo as it means I don't fully trust my lists.

And of course I still think its great!

ps I've just noticed a post from @Proximo on 19th October that describes the situation above. Needing to keep the sub-task in the same folder as the parent. It seems to contradict the video by Proximo.

This message was edited Nov 16, 2009.
Rob G

Posted Oct 25, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: 1
  • Rob G
  • Posted: Oct 25, 2009
  • Score: 1
I am using Proximo's setup in Toodledo and its working well except for project sub-tasks that become Waiting For.

Waiting For is a Folder and so is Project. I have all my sub-tasks with a Folder of Project, so that I see them all in the Projects folder indented with the Parent task.

If I now change it to Waiting For, it won't be in the Projects Folder any longer.

On the other hand if I make Waiting For a Context, I lose the ability to set any other Context for the sub-task.

Can anyone offer any advice? Would a solution be to replace Context with Tag? That way multiple Tags can be applied. Can Tags be used in the same way as Contexts? Searches for Tags, a Tag View, etc? Tags on iPhone?
Rob G

Posted Oct 25, 2009 in: How to backup ALL of toodledo
  • Rob G
  • Posted: Oct 25, 2009
I was trying to copy my entire setup, including searches and contexts with no tasks currently assigned. I used the XML export/import as that was listed as the recommended way to backup all your tasks.

But it did not copy the searches and empty contexts.

How can I do this - a complete backup of EVERYTHING in Toodledo?

TIA
Rob G

Posted Sep 17, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
  • Rob G
  • Posted: Sep 17, 2009
@Proximo

I have found your system a great starting point for creating a system that works for me. Thanks.

You stated "I keep all task related to a Parent Project under the same context folder "Project". "

Context or folder? Which is it? I thought you used a Folder for Projects?
Rob G

Posted Sep 07, 2009 in: Subtask views
  • Rob G
  • Posted: Sep 07, 2009
OK. But did you note that the subtask disappears completely when using Indented and parent is not in the current view?
Rob G

Posted Sep 07, 2009 in: Subtask views
  • Rob G
  • Posted: Sep 07, 2009
Hi,

I like the new options for subtask views.

When the indented view is used on a Folder, subtasks are not displayed, unless the parent is in the Folder too. It would be great that as well as fixing this to show the subtask when using Indented, to also show the parent task.

There's already a manual option to clikc to show the parent so it doesn';t seem much of a stretch to do that automatically when Indented is chosen.

thanks

Ron
Rob G

• Rob G
  • Posted: Sep 01, 2009
Great tool with awesome features and excellent enhancements rapidly implemented! thank you
Rob G

Posted Sep 01, 2009 in: iPhone app updated with Landscape
  • Rob G
  • Posted: Sep 01, 2009
I am using iPhone 3.0.1 and ToodleDo 1.5.3 and the third option in Settings/General is 'Lock Rotation'. An earlier post said that Landscape mode should be the third option.
Rob G

Posted Aug 30, 2009 in: New Outlook add-in for GTD & Toodledo
  • Rob G
  • Posted: Aug 30, 2009
Don't you lose information by interfacing tasks with Outlook? And the ToodleDo web interface is so fast and easy to use why do you need Outlook? Offline access I suppose, but at the cost of lost info?

I have an iphone for offline access so its not an issue for me and thus I don't use tasks in my Outlook.

But I would like to interface the ToodleDo Calendar with Outlook as I can't integrate it into the iPhone. Any ideas?
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next