ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by mlb32704"
mlb32704

Posted Mar 10, 2024 in: Today/Tomorrow Separator on Web Site?
Score: 0
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Mar 10, 2024
  • Score: 0
Please disregard - I just went back, refreshed the page, and the separator appeared. It is/was a bug, now it seems to be fixed.
mlb32704

Posted Mar 10, 2024 in: Today/Tomorrow Separator on Web Site?
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Mar 10, 2024
Either I've never noticed, or something has changed, but I could have sworn that there used to be a separator between tasks that are scheduled for Today versus Tomorrow, as they are sorted by Due Date, then Tag, in viewing my Task List on the Web site. I have the exact same sort order set up for iOS, and both my iPhone and iPhone have that separator. The Web site does not. If this is something that has always been, then maybe the powers that be can look into adding it as an enhancement, just like the layout and display for iOS. If this is something new, then it's a bug, and it needs to be fixed.

This message was edited Mar 10, 2024.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: Jan 11, 2024
Update - it resolved itself with a restart. Looks like this is a closed issue.

This message was edited Jan 11, 2024.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
Sorry, I am unable to submit another Support Ticket until the last one is responded to. This one would be best illustrated with a screenshot uploaded via a Support Ticket, but I'll do my best to describe it here.

Basically, for all of my "Tomorrow" tasks, as viewed in my Active Tasks screen in the Next Gen app on iOS (iPhone), after the very first task in the Tomorrow grouping, the second line of the second task (and all subsequent tasks in that Tomorrow grouping), which in my case includes the word "Tomorrow" and the Task's Tag (because I sort by Due Date, then Tag), is pushed right up against the bottom of the first line that has the Task's contents.

It's a formatting issue, and it only affects Tomorrow's tasks, at least on my iPhone.

Just giving the Toodledo team a head's up.

I am running Toodle 1.0 (Build 30), installed via TestFlight.

Thank you.

This message was edited Jan 11, 2024.
mlb32704

Posted Jan 11, 2024 in: iPad App
Score: 1
  • mlb32704
  • Score: 1
Next Gen (aka new version) works fine on my iPad. I continue to have some weird data syncing issues (dupes, missing tasks, inconsistencies between platforms, etc.) but that's about it. I really don't like the sidebar on the iOS app but that's a look and feel issue, would be great if Toodledo could offer an option to hide it. Wastes a lot of space. But no, I haven't had a crash on either iOS device in a while. Are you sure that you are running the latest Next Gen app on iPad via the TestFlight app? That's the only way to get it, and they have been rolling out fixes along the way. Hope this helps, good luck.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: Jan 10, 2024
We agree to disagree.

This message was edited Jan 10, 2024.
mlb32704

Posted Jan 10, 2024 in: Toodledo Pricing Model
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Jan 10, 2024
We agree to disagree.

This message was edited Jan 10, 2024.
mlb32704

Posted Jan 05, 2024 in: Issue with iOS 17.0.1 Update
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Jan 05, 2024
Posted by warrenmwright:
Thank you so much for your helpful and quick reply!! So, how do I switch over to the new generation app? Thx!

Windows/Web: I have the following bookmarked for the Next Gen app - http://tasks.toodledo.com.

iOS - download the TestFlight application. Go through the various intro screens until you hopefully get to a screen where you can install the patched Legacy app (original light blue logo) and/or the Next Gen app (new darker blue logo). Install one or both, fire it up, accept the offer to start beta testing, set it up the way that you would like (it will follow your Windows/Web settings by default), and that’s pretty much it.

I have both the Legacy and Next Gen sites bookmarked and apps installed, as Toodledo is just now getting that Next Gen app stable. I will probably delete the Legacy link and app shortly, you will experience problems if you go back and forth with things like dupes and data syncing. Just an FYI.

Good luck!
mlb32704

Posted Jan 05, 2024 in: Issue with iOS 17.0.1 Update
  • mlb32704
Posted by warrenmwright:
Does the legacy App still crash when you buy a paid subscription of it?

I don't think that you have to buy a paid subscription for the Legacy App in order to avoid crashes, it's been pretty stable. But I stopped using it weeks ago, Toodledo is putting a lot of time, effort and hard work into the Next Gen App, and it really shows. I am very happy with the look and feel, performance and functionality of the Next Gen app across various platforms. My only outstanding items were some weird data syncing issues (duplicates and missing entries between platforms and devices), and they may have fixed that with the latest release. Too soon to tell. But my strong advice would be to migrate to Next Gen. If you actually spend the time using it, you'll find that it's actually superior to the Legacy app. And that is from a long time Toodledo user who hates change :)
mlb32704

Posted Jan 05, 2024 in: Toodledo Pricing Model
  • mlb32704
Update - Toodledo has reverted back to its original support ticket policy, with no limits on submitting support tickets for free users. This is a good thing. So this whole discussion on their pricing model, at least from my perspective, is no longer applicable. We will not be migrating to a subscriber model in order to submit support tickets after all.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
Update...

Yesterday, the Support Ticket page told me that I had a maximum of two (2) support tickets as a free user, that I had used up those two (2) support tickets already, and that if I wanted to submit additional support tickets, I would have to pay for a subscription.

Today, the Support Ticket page says that there are six (6) tickets in the queue, and that the wait time for a new ticket is about one (1) business day. In other words, the policy has changed back to where it was a few days ago.

Somebody got smart and decided that limiting support tickets for free users is a bad idea.

Thank you.
mlb32704

Posted Jan 04, 2024 in: Apple Watch - Tasks
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Jan 04, 2024
Good luck, I've been asking for this one for YEARS. It will never happen. It's not a big enough priority for Toodledo and they keep putting it on the back burner. It's a real shame, I would love to have basic Toodledo functionality on my Apple Watch as well. Sorry.

This message was edited Jan 04, 2024.
mlb32704

Posted Jan 04, 2024 in: Toodledo Pricing Model
  • mlb32704
Toodledo's reintroduction of Jake's old policy regarding limiting the number of support tickets per free user, after which point, we'd have to sign up for a paid subscription in order to submit any further support tickets, got us thinking about paid subscription options. My wife and I actually like Toodledo, and we've been impressed by the level of support that we've gotten as free users to date under the new management. Whatever I might think about how Toodledo has suddenly decided to reintroduce this policy and cut off support tickets for free users, I respect and understand it. And I'm trying to figure out a way for us to justify the expense of a paid subscription.

Forget about the fact that neither of us have any need or want for any of the additional functionality that comes with a Standard or Plus subscription. There is literally not one feature or function that we want or need, not one. In fact, we've been perfectly happy with previous versions of the basic free user accounts with Toodledo Windows and iOS apps for years; ironically it is the Next Gen app that is having problems as we speak, that concerns us when it comes to this new withholding of support tickets for users without a subscription.

So now we're looking at it from the perspective of simply supporting a company and suite of applications that we've used for a long time and want to continue doing so. And we just can't get our heads around the pricing model.

For comparison, I am looking at three other applications that we pay for right now. These are absolute must haves that help run our daily lives, control our household, keep our family safe, manage our expenses, you get the idea. I'm not going to disclose any further details on those applications for personal security reasons, but you can probably guess what they are.

If I look at what we are paying for each of these essential applications, as a HOUSEHOLD, we are talking around $38 to $55 per year, per HOUSEHOLD. That means my wife and I have full access to these applications across our various platforms under one HOUSEHOLD license, and if I want to invite one of my kids or anyone else to utilize these applications, it's still the same $38 to $55 per year. In the case of these three applications, quite frankly, we have no other choices or alternatives, we HAVE to pay for them, period end of story.

Now look at Toodledo. The minimum that we could get by with a subscription is $47.88 per year for a Standard subscription, TIMES TWO, or $95.76 minimum, per year, for the two of us, and so on if we decide to get one or more of our kids on Toodledo as well. That is pretty much DOUBLE what we are paying now per year for each of our other essential applications. And that added expense would be for additional functionality that we do not want or need, it would be strictly to have the ability to submit support tickets.

That's crazy.

Bottom line - the current Toodledo pricing model is geared towards business users, not households. As a household, we cannot justify the expense, I am sorry. Maybe Toodledo should consider a household license model in line with the pricing that we are paying for our other essential applications. We like Toodledo, but Toodledo is not an essential application, and there are other solutions out there.

For now, we are sticking with our free user accounts, and hoping for the best.

mlb32704

• mlb32704
Oh, OK, well that's the first that I'm hearing about it, and you gave no advanced warning before reintroducing some policy that Jake implemented years ago. Maybe next time give everyone a heads up, especially those who have already used up their two free Support Tickets like me. I will make a note of the email address and use that for support requests going forward. Thank you.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: Jan 03, 2024

mlb32704

• mlb32704

mlb32704

• mlb32704
I'm not sure if the new Next Gen release has fixed my specific syncing issues, it will take some time to test and monitor on my end. Not sure if anyone else is running into this, but my Tasks have not always been syncing, sometimes between Windows and iOS, sometimes between different devices, and sometimes I am getting duplicate entries, either immediately after creating a task, or some time afterwards. I have shared some examples of these behaviors with Toodledo Support, hopefully they incorporated fixes for these issues in the latest release. I am keeping both of my two support tickets on this subject open until I am sure that they have been resolved.

On the subject of support tickets, I am shocked and disappointed in Toodledo's decision to limit free users to a total of two (2) support tickets, at which time we would have to purchase a subscription to submit any further support tickets. Moreover, this change was made without any warning, so Toodledo is telling me that I've already used up my two (2) support tickets. I have absolutely no need whatsoever for any of the additional functionality provided by way of either the Standard and Plus subscriptions, I am perfectly fine with the free version. I was fine with all of the previous free versions and actually liked them better. I paid Toodledo when I purchased the application, and I have continuously supported Toodledo on my time and my dime, providing detailed examples of issues and capturing information in the field to help them diagnose and troubleshoot. I shouldn't have to suddenly pay Toodledo to submit a support ticket for issues on their end, we're not talking about enhancements or wish list items. Maybe the time to unveil a new support ticket policy like this would be AFTER the application is stable, not during the troubleshooting phase.

For now, the application works good enough for me to use on a daily basis. I can manage the data sync issues as they arise. Since I'm out of support tickets, I will simply use these forums to report "bugs", which is now the only way for free users that have used up their support tickets to get word to Toodledo on new issues.

In the mean time, if Toodledo wants my specific input on an issue, or asks for help in resolving a problem, or paying attention and capturing information on a bug, etc. then it will cost them one support ticket per issue. Seems fair.

mlb32704

Posted Oct 17, 2023 in: Color Coded Tasks in Next Gen App?
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Oct 17, 2023
Ah, thank you!
mlb32704

Posted Oct 13, 2023 in: Color Coded Tasks in Next Gen App?
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Oct 13, 2023
Some of my repeating tasks in the next gen iOS app have some sort of color coding that I don’t quite understand. The majority of tasks have a vertical line on the far left of them that is dark grey, but a few are yellow, or white. Not sure what this means, or how to modify these colors, does anyone else know?
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: Oct 08, 2023
Update - either someone is working hard on weekends, or the app fixed itself. I can now create and modify notes in the next gen iOS app without issue. Thank you.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13      Next