Posted Jan 08, 2012 in: Daily tasks
Score: 1
  • Richard_
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2012
  • Score: 1
I had the same problem.
My Solution is now tallyzoo for daily tasks:
http://tallyzoo.com/
So my todo-list consists of real "todos" while regular stuff (an apple a day, Workout, Vitamins etc.) is stored in a separate App (I use the Iphone extensively)
Richard_

Posted Jan 04, 2012 in: How-To Guide
Score: 0
  • Richard_
  • Posted: Jan 04, 2012
  • Score: 0
Toodledo is very flexible so I do not think there can be a definite reference. It can only be "this is how I do it".
https://www.toodledo.com/info/gtd.php
https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php

//Edit and of course it has to integrate in your tools.
For example I use Pocket informant which shows tasks that are in no Folder as "inbox" so I have only one folder: "filed". Others use the folders as Projects or sorting-mechanism "Family, work"...

This message was edited Jan 04, 2012.
Richard_

• Richard_
  • Posted: Jan 04, 2012
Its bothering me that all the platforms work different and my solution (a script that regularyly copies the tasks to a ICloud calendar) is not that useful: over christmas I left and of course the PC went dark which stopped the sync.

This is to collect Ideas/suggestions how to keep tasks and calendar ideally "in sync":
I like the "pocket informant": Its *exactly* what I am looking for. The only thing it is missing, is that it shows the tasks in the notification center like a calendar-appointment. Tasks have to have alarms to be shown *after* the Fact while the "reminders"-App at least shows tasks with alarms that are due in the future...

Ical works with those *ics files

Icloud seems to not know those *ics files....

How do you keep your tasks/events in an easy accessible fashion?
Richard_

Posted Dec 31, 2011 in: Tasks for the Notification Center
  • Richard_
  • Posted: Dec 31, 2011
@Salgud:
You are right. I did sit back to consider my "Problem" and it seems to be a little "deeper"...
Let me elaborate:

I would like to see tasks like they are shown as calendar Items in the notification center. Those do not need to have an "alert" set. BUT that seems to not be possible.

On a related note, Icloud does not show the ics abonnements and I thought that maybe THAT could be rectified by adding the "reminder" field.

In conclusion: thanks for the reply: I got confused with icloud and how the iphone shows reminders.
Richard_

Posted Dec 27, 2011 in: Tasks for the Notification Center
  • Richard_
  • Posted: Dec 27, 2011
The Tasks do not show up in the notification center of the Iphone and the reminders app.
I think this can be rectified very easy if the field "reminder" would be included into the ics-abonnement, even if it is "no reminder".
Richard_

Posted Nov 06, 2011 in: Time Budget
  • Richard_
  • Posted: Nov 06, 2011
Check out Today+ by cogito
http://www.co-gi-to.com/Todayplus.html

Its somewhat simplistic but that assures that you can use it "on the go", I did not use the other trackers for very long because they created too much "overhead".
Richard_

Posted Nov 05, 2011 in: Tasks over time
Score: -1
  • Richard_
  • Posted: Nov 05, 2011
  • Score: -1
Apple user only:

Ok, this may be overkill but here is how I solved it:
I use an Apple Script to regularly push the tasks loaded from toodledo to the Calendar which in turn syncs to the icloud.
This is more of an "Information push" And there is certainly lots of room for streamlining it but hey:
1, Open Apple-Script Editor and create this script
2, create a background task that starts this script every X hours
3, Profit

Be careful! I remove all Items of the calendar that is used for this so create an "toodledo push calendar" and DO NOT USE YOUR NORMAL CALENDAR!

tell application "iCal"
set theCalendars to every calendar
set source to first calendar whose name is equal to "iCal"
#Name of the Ical Calendar. I recommend "Combo"
set goal to first calendar whose name is equal to "Erinnerungen Kalender"
#Name of the Calendar with events
set goal2 to first calendar whose name is equal to "Erinnerungen"
#Name of the Calendar with todos
set goal4 to first calendar whose name is equal to "Einkaufen"
#Name of another Calendar with todos (my shopping list)
set myDates to every event in source
set myDates2 to every todo in source

delete every todo of goal2

repeat with selectedev in myDates2

#Remove events that are in certain toodledo-folders because they clutter up the calendar
if description of selectedev does not contain "Folder: Täglich" and description of selectedev does not contain "Folder: Regular" and description of selectedev does not contain "Folder: Einkaufsliste" then
tell goal2
set Desc to description of selectedev
if Desc is missing value then
set Desc to ""
end if

set summ to summary of selectedev
set ender to due date of selectedev
set Prio to priority of selectedev
#set AD to allday event of selectedev

if ender is not missing value then
set myevent to make new todo at end with properties {summary:summ, due date:ender, priority:Prio}
else
set myevent to make new todo at end with properties {summary:summ, priority:Prio}

end if
end tell
end if
end repeat

delete every todo of goal4

repeat with selectedev in myDates2
if description of selectedev contains "Folder: Einkaufsliste" then
#Select only tasks of a certain folder (my shopping list)
tell goal4
set Desc to ""
end if

set ender to due date of selectedev
set Prio to priority of selectedev
#set AD to allday event of selectedev

if ender is not missing value then
set myevent to make new todo at end with properties {summary:summ, due date:ender, priority:Prio}
else
set myevent to make new todo at end with properties {summary:summ, priority:Prio}

end if
end tell
end if
end repeat

delete every event of goal

repeat with selectedev in myDates
if description of selectedev does not contain "Folder: Täglich" and description of selectedev does not contain "Folder: Regular" then
tell goal
set Desc to ""
end if

set ender to end date of selectedev
set starter to start date of selectedev
set AD to allday event of selectedev

#if ender is not missing value then
set myevent to make new event at end with properties {description:Desc, summary:summ, start date:starter, end date:ender, allday event:AD}
#end if
end tell
end if
end repeat
end tell
Richard_

Posted Oct 02, 2011 in: After reading "The Checklist Manifesto"
  • Richard_
  • Posted: Oct 02, 2011
I don't see why this would be a Problem, in fact I have a similiar set-up for some tasks:
build a "cleaning" check list with "cleaning" as main and all the other tasks as subtasks.
If you just want a check-list, make it due-date 1.1.2015 and "repeat from due-date"

This message was edited Oct 02, 2011.
Richard_

Posted Oct 02, 2011 in: Tasks over time
  • Richard_
  • Posted: Oct 02, 2011
I have tasks that have to be done within a certain timeframe: Lets say doing some research until the 5. of October. My normal system puts it "due to 5." and if I feel fancy, I will put in "starts at 1."
The problem is that I have no notice of this task until it is too late (5.) if I look at toodledo in th e"due to" window which is my "standard".
If I look at it with the "starts at" window, I have to put a start AND end-date to all tasks, which is quite a hassle by itself.

How do you tackle this problem? Am I missing the elephant in the room?
Richard_

• Richard_
  • Posted: Sep 03, 2011
Pocket Informant is definatly available for the Iphone and I really like it

The Pro:
It integrates Google and toodledo neatly: for example you can create a task from an event and vice versa.
This in combination with my habit of sending todos vie email makes it a real great tool, especially since you can decide in which "view" the tasks are shown in the calendar view.
BUT
It really srews with the Tasks: after using it, some tasks are not updated in toodledo anymore but only in the internal PI database which makes it hard to track stuff. I think this only occurs for repeating tasks and did not find a pattern yet but it is a huge caveat.
I still like it, especially the integration of calendar+tasks.
Richard_

Posted Jul 28, 2011 in: New interface comments
  • Richard_
  • Posted: Jul 28, 2011
Just saw the new Interface: I like it, it looks far more "clean"
There are certainly a few rough edges but definitely it is nice.
Richard_

Posted May 27, 2011 in: Direct link to Subtasks
  • Richard_
  • Posted: May 27, 2011
In the Iphone App, I have to select a Task and again its subtasks. IMHO there should be an option to jump directly to the subtasks.
Richard_

Posted May 17, 2011 in: Check for changes in ics?
  • Richard_
  • Posted: May 17, 2011
Hi,

I am using PHP:

I'd like to poll the ical file regulary but it seems a waste to download the whole file because in 99% nothing changed. Is there a way to poll the date when the last change occured without going through the trouble (and security issues) of logging into the account?
The "last-modified" field of the ics file is constantly updated (with your System time?)
Richard_

Posted May 16, 2011 in: Ical Non-Events
  • Richard_
  • Posted: May 16, 2011
It seems that the ical Option "Non-Events" does not work.
"Events", "Combo" and "Todo" is accepted but for "Non-Events" the URL is not found.
Richard_

Posted Apr 02, 2011 in: Toodledo iPhone needs batch change date
  • Richard_
  • Posted: Apr 02, 2011
I second that motion.
Its this feature that I go to this website for.
tsinvest, in case you did not know: On this website you can create a custom search "yesterday" and then multi-edit the tasks.
Richard_

Posted Mar 19, 2011 in: force sync from Iphone
  • Richard_
  • Posted: Mar 19, 2011
Can I delete the Post? I found the nifty function that pushes all data from the phone back to the website.
Richard_

Posted Mar 19, 2011 in: force sync from Iphone
  • Richard_
  • Posted: Mar 19, 2011
I made a big mistake and changed all my sorted todos to today....
On the Iphone they are still ok and I set it to fly-mode to prevent a sync but what do I do next?

How can I force a sync from the data of the Iphone back into the data of the website?
--> New Account and then import/export to the current account?
--> is there a way to \"update\" all items on the phone so their respective time stamp is newer than the items in the website?
--> If I make a bakckup of the Iphone, it will contain the data and I can always go back to this current status quo right?
Richard_

Posted Mar 12, 2011 in: Completed tasks report?
  • Richard_
  • Posted: Mar 12, 2011
I think the easiest way to accomplish this, is to export a csv file and filter it in excel. This gives you IMHO most flexibility (especially in the presentation later)
Richard_

Posted Mar 12, 2011 in: Ical Calendar Option
  • Richard_
  • Posted: Mar 12, 2011
This just occurred to me: how about a DIY System:
One Ical-Subscription "Tasks" that only contains dateless tasks as tasks,
One Ical-Subscription "Tasks with a date" that only contains tasks for a whole day as tasks,
One Ical-Subscription "dates with a date" that only contains tasks for a whole day as whole day calendar items,
One Ical-Subscription "Tasks with a date and timeframe" that only contains tasks with a time as tasks,
One Ical-Subscription "dates with a date and timeframe" that only contains tasks with a time as calendar items,

so everybody can add the subscriptions to their Calendars as they need them
Richard_

Posted Mar 11, 2011 in: Ical Calendar Option
  • Richard_
  • Posted: Mar 11, 2011
Ical puts the "whole day" tasks above the day. I (and probably I am not alone) have lots of stuff there (a lot of daily repeating things) which I keep track of in the toodledo Applications.
A Calendar with lots of "useless Information" floating up there is not very usable.

How about a special Ical Calendar Subscription that
-> Puts dated Tasks in the calendar
-> dated "whole day" tasks in the "todo" list
-> dateless tasks in the "todo" list
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next