ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by cspence"
cspence

Posted Jun 05, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Score: 2
  • cspence
  • Posted: Jun 05, 2019
  • Score: 2
I was a long time Toodledo user for many years.
Generally strong user and happy with the application (other than the old interface), until this was sold to the new owners. No need to rehash the frustrations that I had, similar to most long-time users.

I have migrated to ToDoist - many stronger features than toodledo. You can recreate many of the custom lists thought the various tags and filters. Also have iphone, android and apple watch applications that work fairly well. It gets used frequently every day.

Recently on this site, learned about Amazing Marvin. Really interesting and innovative approach to managing tasks and priorities. Nicely designed and very actively updated. Still in my trial phase, but very favorable impressed. For anyone looking at options, add this to your list close to the top.

I had tried many of the different options - computer-based, phone-based, web-based. This is the most interesting out of the bunch.

https://amazingmarvin.com/

New user and still learning. You are able to bring across your data from many platforms, including toodledo and toodoist. Still in the trial mode, but this has real potential.
cspence

Posted Jan 17, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 1
  • cspence
  • Posted: Jan 17, 2019
  • Score: 1
I think you are one of their last remaining customers that hasn't left, so they probably just don't want to lose you too......

Posted by Dubious Virtue:
Posted by J-O-D:
Have you switched to auto-renewal for yearly subscription, when this option got added?

I was on auto renewal but I thought with the new pricing we all had to select a new tier.

Maybe I should just keep quiet before anyone notices!
cspence

Posted Oct 22, 2018 in: Future Plans
  • cspence
  • Posted: Oct 22, 2018
You would think the new owners would engage around the topic and stop the hemorrhaging of paid members.
The longer they ignore this discussion the more members they lose to other services that have already developed a good or better solution, at a more reasonable pricing structure.

If they have any hope of salvaging this company or their investment over the long term - they need to address the members concerns and help to identify a workable solution.

Deer in the headlights

I for one have moved on - Tried a variety of options and have been happy with the functionality of ToDoist (things 3 also an interesting option), with its projects, labels and highly customizable searches.

Fully integrated across computer/browser, iPhone, iPad and apple watch.All very solid offerings that are undergoing continuous improvements.
Took a little time to set up - but in many ways much stronger offering (at a better price) than Toodledo as it exists today. Was looking forward to seeing how Toodledo was enhanced by the new owners - but not going to pay a very high premium for a future product with unknown functionality.

Had been a long term user, but it is time to move on for me.
cspence

Posted Oct 18, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: Product Principles
Score: 10
  • cspence
  • Posted: Oct 18, 2018
  • Score: 10
This is surprising and disappointing.

Had been looking forward to updates to a system that has been great, but getting stale.
But with new owners that don't have a lot of business sense - this does not look like a viable product in the long term.

They could have improved the software and increased the prices by 25% or even 50% for some new functionality and kept the majority of the user base. Instead, they triple the price, with no improvement yet in the software and then will lose 80% of their customer base.

This is the start of the end for what was a good product that could have had a promising future.

Hope they are better programmers than business strategists.

I wish them luck, but will be looking at the many capable alternatives as a replacement.
cspence

Score: 0
  • cspence
  • Posted: Aug 28, 2017
  • Score: 0
I use Informant 5 for my iPhone and IPad. It integrates with Toodledo.

First releases of version 5 were rocky, but they have significantly improved during the last major release.
cspence

• cspence
  • Posted: Dec 07, 2016
I was using chrome, so appears to affect multiple browsers
cspence

• cspence
  • Posted: Dec 07, 2016
For an example - send a task by email

Now go to the folder view and it will be in the unassigned folder

Begin t make updates by changing to an assigned folder. The task will immediately disappear and go to the new location before you can update any of the other fields
cspence

• cspence
  • Posted: Dec 04, 2016
One change in the beta version that I have found to take more steps is the automatic update to the task when changing a field.
In the previous version, you could make multiple edits to the same task before it was saved. (may have to do with the browser refresh, but previously did not refresh until everything was done)

For example, if you forward an email to Toodledo, there are often a variety of fields to update. In the current version, as soon as you make any type of update (folder, context, etc.), the task updates and it will often disappear from your current viewing. You then need to go find it again to make the rest of the updates. (e.g. assign a folder - it instantly goes to that folder and disappears from the unassigned folder. Same for context).

I can probably do a work around, by being careful about the order in which I update fields. However, this seems to take more work. It was helpful to have updates applied at the end of the record update, rather than instantly and having the record disappear to the new location.

This message was edited Dec 04, 2016.
cspence

• cspence
  • Posted: Nov 11, 2016
Loading Issue (90%) appears to be resolved for me now

This message was edited Nov 11, 2016.
cspence

• cspence
  • Posted: Nov 11, 2016
Yes - I have the same problem. Data unable to load with new tasks activated.
Stuck at 90% and doesn't change

Tried clearing cache, history and other data - no effect on the problem.

This message was edited Nov 11, 2016.
cspence

• cspence
  • Posted: Oct 14, 2016
Overall I like the new layout. More compact design, easy to read.

A variety of bugs still exist, but once these are resolved - should be a nice enhancement.
cspence

Posted Mar 21, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
Score: 4
  • cspence
  • Posted: Mar 21, 2015
  • Score: 4
Two enhancement requests:

Would it be possible to create categories of habits to group like things together (e.g. health, work related, personal, home, etc.)? It could be set up as a heading with each habit being listed under the category.

Would it be possible to limit the tracking to certain days of the week? For instance, work related habits may be Monday - Friday. Some personal habits may be only on the weekend.

Overall nice job - nice improvement to Toodledo.
cspence

Posted Oct 25, 2011 in: 2Do: Metadata?
  • cspence
  • Posted: Oct 25, 2011
Mine only has it with the notes.
cspence

Posted Oct 23, 2011 in: 2Do: Metadata?
  • cspence
  • Posted: Oct 23, 2011
I believe that the metadata still comes across with 2Do. Makes the notes section look messy with the extra info.

Nice application, but still very slow to sync with Toodledo. I have a lot of items, but it can take me 5 - 10 minutes to synchronize, when my other apps tied to Toodledo update in seconds.

They have an update into Apple, but it has been bogged down for over a month. Not sure if the latest update addresses any of these issues.
cspence

Posted Oct 20, 2011 in: Best iPhone App to use with Toodledo?
  • cspence
  • Posted: Oct 20, 2011
I have tried them all, but find that I use Pocket Informant the most. Nice having both the tasks and calendar in one app. Very quick with syncing.

They are also releasing a major update shortly. (may already be to Apple for review)

2Do has some nice features, but is very slow to sync (can take 5 - 10 minutes with a lot of tasks, the others take just a few seconds).

ToDo is quick, but does not bring over all the information.

All of the ones listed above are among the top rated, with lots of users.

Given that they are not overly expensive, I would try a couple. A lot is personal preference based on how you manage your lists and GTD approach.
cspence

Posted Sep 29, 2011 in: baffled by styles/skins
  • cspence
  • Posted: Sep 29, 2011
If you are at user styles and sort by updated date, you can see which ones have been update since the major update to Toodledo (July 2011). The top 5 skins work.

http://userstyles.org/styles/browse/toodledo?sort=updated_date&sort_direction=desc

I am sure that more will be created, but there are some good choices to start. Anything older than July will no longer work with the new version.
cspence

Posted Sep 14, 2011 in: Changing Calendar View
  • cspence
  • Posted: Sep 14, 2011
Try Pocket Informant. It integrates with Toodledo, as well as the calendar in the iPhone (which can be connected to Outlook). You can see both with in the same app.

It can also sync directly with the google calendar.
cspence

Posted Aug 15, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: -1
  • cspence
  • Posted: Aug 15, 2011
  • Score: -1
I haven't seen any of these performance issues when I open tge redesigned Toodledo (typically use Chrome). Open time is under 2 seconds.

Someone slower with IE8, but nothing like what you are seeing.
cspence

Posted Aug 05, 2011 in: Priority dividers gone?
  • cspence
  • Posted: Aug 05, 2011
You need to make the sort based in importance to get the priority dividers. (or priority...).

The first sort order determines the dividers.
cspence

Posted Aug 03, 2011 in: searching for items due "today"
  • cspence
  • Posted: Aug 03, 2011
Create a new search, select due date, with the criteria as either equal or before and then just type in today as the search for the date. (nothing special formatting for today, just the word).

Should work fine - just tried.

If this works, just save the search and you can reuse as often as you like.
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next