ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by M"
M

Score: 0
  • M
  • Posted: Jan 15, 2011
  • Score: 0
I see it's available, now -- thank you so much!
M

Posted Jan 15, 2011 in: Can the date picker be OPTIONAL?
  • M
  • Posted: Jan 15, 2011
If I've missed past conversations here about why the date picker is used, by others (I've searched, but found only a few conversations that didn't seem to relate), forgive me -- but is it possible to TURN OFF the date picker?

I find it gets in the way of my moving quickly through my list like a spreadsheet (I'm a keyboarder, not a mouser, and am already having trouble editing quickly, in Chrome.).

I'd prefer it NOT come up, and I be able to enter either a specific date, or "+7" for "in 7 days" or "3 months from now" (e.g., "Autodates," in Outlook).

Is this a user-selectable preference (or can it be) OR, at the least, is there an easy, non-mouse-dependent way to make that picker disappear so that I can just enter a date?

Thanks
M

Posted Jan 13, 2011 in: Optionally on modifier
  • M
  • Posted: Jan 13, 2011
I need to understand this. If I have a NON REPEATING task that has ANY of the modifiers (but ESPECIALLY "optionally on") -- where do they go if they pass? The help says (for "Optionally on"): "...if the date passes and you have not completed the task, the task will be automatically removed..."

Where does it go? Is it marked completed? Is there an easy way to search for these "missed" tasks, to make sure they should've been "removed?"
M

Posted Jan 13, 2011 in: Overwhelm mode
  • M
  • Posted: Jan 13, 2011
Thanks, guys -- I've visited both, and reading them / finding a way to make them fit me is tasks 100-150 on my todo list, unfortunately...

Until I get there -- functionally, how would you set up the "Take a hike" task that I want to accomplish?
M

Posted Jan 12, 2011 in: Overwhelm mode
  • M
  • Posted: Jan 12, 2011
I have way too many tasks in my list, and am trying to organize, weed, etc.

One thing I need to understand - I don't have a lot of REAL "due" dates, in my tasks -- but I need to be "triggered" to do things (or at least TRY to do things). I've been using far more START dates than due dates, but I'm now thinking that DUE DATE MODIFIERS might help me.

How would I enter a task, then, to TAKE A LONG HIKE every 4th weekend; BUT, if I skip and don't get to it (e.g., there's an ice storm this weekend) - the task rolls to the NEXT weekend. Then, if I complete it, it moves forward another 4 weeks.

I'm thinking REPEAT EVERY 4 WEEKS from completion (?) with a DUE DATE AFTER this coming Saturday ?

Thanks

This message was edited Jan 12, 2011.
M

• M
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2011
Am I missing something, or can I NOT sort by PRIORITY ascending, then START DATE descending?

Thanks
M

Posted Dec 31, 2010 in: Lost workbook update on sync?
  • M
  • Posted: Dec 31, 2010
Entered a ticket - thanks!
M

Posted Dec 30, 2010 in: Lost workbook update on sync?
  • M
  • Posted: Dec 30, 2010
Using the iPhone app, and a manual sync, I think I just lost a fairly large update I did to a notebook today...

Any chance of recovering that?

In the future, I will back everything up to CSV before syncing!
M

Posted Dec 30, 2010 in: Turning fields on/off
  • M
  • Posted: Dec 30, 2010
Just want to be sure, before I do it, that turning fields on/off doesn't DELETE the data I might already have in those fields... right?

I'm going through a pretty massive end-of-year realignment of goals and how I use TD, and would like - temporarily - turn off some of the fields for ease of editing. But I sure don't want to lose the data in those fields!

Thanks
M

Posted Dec 28, 2010 in: Order of goals
  • M
  • Posted: Dec 28, 2010
Does the ORDER in which I save my goals come into play in SORTING tasks, at all? Before I noticed that I could order the goals, I NAMED them "01 goal 1," "02 goal 2," etc, indicating their importance to me, so I can sort by them by importance. However, sometimes it's hard to REMEMBER those full goal names (when submitting a task via email, for example), so it'd be nice to remove the numbering from my goal names...

Thanks
M

• M
  • Posted: Dec 22, 2010
Never mind!

I just figured out that I can send him a "hotlist view" link and, because I don't really use the Hotlist for my own purposes, I can change the definition of a hotlist to be all MEDIUM+, STARRED tasks -- and can control what he sees via the link with that. Thanks!
M

• M
  • Posted: Dec 22, 2010
I want to share a list of household chores with my husband. I plan to set up folders for MY tasks, and make them all private, and have a "public" folder that my husband has a link to (he does not have a toodledo account - he is not a skilled computer user and I need to make this as basic as possible).

Is there any way that the link that I provide to him can be a FILTERED view of the folder (e.g., only the overdue and due items in the folder, NOT the future items) ?

Thanks
M

Posted Jan 16, 2010 in: Revert to free, after Pro account?
  • M
  • Posted: Jan 16, 2010
I'm thinking of trying a Pro account. I did the free trial, and didn't really use many of the features, but I might be able to.

If I change my mind and decide to "downgrade" back to a free account after signing-up -- would I lose any data?

Thanks
M

Score: 1
  • M
  • Posted: Nov 22, 2009
  • Score: 1
I second this. I actually thought that, until recently, it did work this way, until I was searching for a task that I knew existed, and my saved search didn't return it. I had to add the NOTE field to my search. Since I use this saved search as an "ad hoc" search (changing the search text each time I run it), now I have to enter the text twice.

This message was edited Nov 22, 2009.
M

Posted Nov 07, 2009 in: Optional tasks?
  • M
  • Posted: Nov 07, 2009
I guess what I mean by a "soft" due date is not quite the same as what a repeating/optional task is -- I mean a task that I would *like* to get done by x date but it's not required that I get it done by then. If I don't assign a due date, it tends to get "lost in the shuffle." If I assign a due date that passes, it goes into OVERDUE and gets "lost in the shuffle" (because I have lots of these).

What I'd like is a modifier, I guess, for "desired" completion date. Once that date passes, I'd love to have a grouping that's LIKE Overdue, but is called "HEY - YOU WANTED TO HAVE THESE DONE!" instead.

I'm still open to suggestion on how to handle these within the bounds of how Toodledo *does* work (because I know that my request is not a reasonable one!).

Thanks
M

Posted Nov 07, 2009 in: Optional tasks?
  • M
  • Posted: Nov 07, 2009
I've seen repeated references to "optional tasks," or "optionally on" tasks. Is this different than tasks with a "soft" due date, or is that what everyone means when they use these terms?

I'm really having a hard time figuring out how to manage those tasks that don't have a "required" due date but, if I let them float into my "overdue" stack, they'll get lost...

In addition -- any suggestions for handling those "floating" tasks where you want to start it as soon as you can, and would LIKE to have it done by a certain date (a "goal" date, I guess) -- but it doesn't really have a firm due date? These could be repeating or not...

This message was edited Nov 07, 2009.
M

Posted Nov 02, 2009 in: Due date modifiers and repeating tasks
  • M
  • Posted: Nov 02, 2009
Unfortunately, I have a tendency to focus on current and future tasks, and ignore past tasks. I guess it would be better to have them retain their original due date, though, instead of having everything lumped under "due today!"

Any way to have the date divider called OVERDUE actually break down by week/month, as the future dividers do?
M

Posted Nov 02, 2009 in: Due date modifiers and repeating tasks
  • M
  • Posted: Nov 02, 2009
Wow -- there's a lot more to Toodledo than I have used, so far... I just stumbled on the date modifiers, and want to try to use them, but have a question about how to accomplish something:

I have tasks that repeat annually, so they're set up as such.

If the next time it's due is 11/3/09, but that's a "soft" date, I could enter it as >11/3/09.

But, if I want it to occur every day until I complete it (let's say 11/30/09 - yes, I'm a procrastinator), and then NOT occur again until 365 days after I finished it (11/30/10), would this setup work?

And what if I wanted it to occur every day until finish, but then show up for next year on 11/3/10? Possible?

Thanks

This message was edited Nov 02, 2009.
M

Posted Jul 03, 2009 in: Search problem, adding "via"
  • M
  • Posted: Jul 03, 2009
I created a support ticket. Thanks.
M

Posted Jul 03, 2009 in: Search problem, adding "via"
  • M
  • Posted: Jul 03, 2009
I have an existing search that looks for ALL if CHECKED OFF is NO AND TASK contains "dial2do".

I'm trying to change this to an OR query, that also finds any tasks submitted VIA EMAIL.

I delete the TASK CONTAINS line and link it to the CHECKED OFF is NO line, as an AND.

I change the overall query to an OR query.

I add a line to find VIA IS EMAIL IMPORT, and I am returned to the NEW SEARCH tab.

When I go back to my SEARCH, the new criteria is gone.

It seems to NOT LIKE the "via" search.

Or is it just me?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next