Purveyor

Posted Nov 23, 2015 in: Attachments
Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 23, 2015
  • Score: 0
Take a look at this:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/19401/0/attachments.html
You cannot view attachments on Toodledo. Toodledo only stores them. To view an attachment you need to download it to your computer and then view it there.
Purveyor

Posted Nov 11, 2015 in: ToodleDo Offline
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 11, 2015
FWIW, the Toodledo official iOS app has Notes, Outlines, and Habits.
Purveyor

Posted Nov 07, 2015 in: End Dates
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 07, 2015
There's no end date in Toodledo.

In 2008, this was the answer:
This is not currently possible, but we hope to support this in the future.
In 2010, it was this:
End dates for repeating tasks are on our to-do list. For now, you'll need to write the end date into the note and then delete the task when it is done.
In 2014:
This is not currently possible, but it is on our todo list. In the meantime you will need to delete the task when you are done with it.
In 2015:
When you are done with a repeating task, you can just delete it. The previously completed versions will still be in your history. If you prefer you can edit the tasks so it is no longer a repeating task and then complete it one more time.

This message was edited Nov 07, 2015.
Purveyor

Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 06, 2015
  • Score: 1
Posted by Jake:
For iOS alarms, currently you must choose "Task alarms come from website" in the app's settings for this to work since the app hasn't yet been updated to send local habit alarms (this will come in a future update).
According the app, this is not the "recommended" option. In fact, when I select it, the alarms don't appear at the designated time, but at some time before or after. I'm not going to jeopardize the reliability of my Task alarms to get Habit alarms. I'll wait until the iOS app is updated.

This message was edited Nov 06, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Nov 04, 2015 in: Surveys before implementing changes
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 04, 2015
Does the Toodledo team plan on using surveys before introducing additional changes?
On October 26, you implemented two major changes to the Task Header.
On October 27, after receiving several complaints about the new location of the "Add Task" button, you posted a survey.
The next day you moved the button back to the left and you received enthusiastic thanks for listening to your users.

Seems to me that something is wrong here.
Given that Toodledo has access to surveys, how about posting them before implementing major changes and using the feedback from the surveys to determine the best course of action?
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 03, 2015
The email alarm worked, but the iOS app did not. I selected "Task Alarms come from website". Do I have to sync for the alarms to work? In any case, I did sync immediately after setting the alarm on the website. And I have enabled Notification for the Toodledo app. As I mentioned previously, I am getting my Task alarms.

Also, how about allowing any time for Habit alarms, rather than just four options during the hour?

One more thing: I had stopped using Habits because there were no scheduling options besides daily and now that I've started using it again (and I am looking forward to using it, thanks) I find the button for choosing Habits (in the far top left corner) to be annoying. I don't like the location, the downward chevron for clicking, and the fact I have to click, move down to the bottom choice, and click again. Also, why is the dropdown menu so big? Responsive design is not really the answer.
Better to have the various functions available across the top of the screen

This message was edited Nov 03, 2015.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 03, 2015
Posted by Jake:
The second addition is "Alarms". Get reminders to help you remember to completed and log your habits. Alarms can be sent via email, Text, Twitter, our iOS app, or in your web browser.
I tested the reminders but I can't get them to work on the website or on my iPhone. I set a couple of reminders about 15 minutes in the future but there was no alarm at the designated time.
Do the alarms have to be set for the next day?

BTW, my task alarms work fine so it doesn't seem to be related to any of my settings.
Purveyor

Posted Nov 01, 2015 in: Family Plan
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 01, 2015
Take a look at the Referral Program.

Also, if you don't mind viewing all of each other's tasks, you could share an account and use Folders or Tags to keep track of individual lists.
Purveyor

Posted Nov 01, 2015 in: Choosing fields per View
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 01, 2015
From an older topic, there's a suggestion by jeremiah.moss:
I think "fields used" should be per-folder, and not universal. My shopping list certainly does not need timer, due date, due time, etc. Yet, because another list does require them, I have to make them available everywhere.

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/14676/-81947/read.html#jump

I think that it's a good suggestion.

This message was edited Nov 01, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 31, 2015 in: Ultra Wide Monitor
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 31, 2015
Thanks, Ron, for the clarification.

I don't think that there's anything wrong with your way. In fact, it is similar to my way. 

About 10 years ago, I started using a desktop computer with two 19” monitors and, a couple of years later, I bought a 15” laptop and a 20” monitor for home use. Three years ago, a replaced the laptop with a 21” iMac, and I’m using the 20” as my second monitor. Recently, I got a new desktop for my work office, along with a 27” monitor. 

There are definitely advantages to using large monitors but not much when using Toodledo which, after all, is not a tool for actually accomplishing anything -- it is a tool for tracking what to accomplish and what was accomplished. The actual work involves other tools, other resources, and other people. 

In a typical day, I spend a total of about 15 minutes in Toodledo. That's not going to change much whether I use the screen on my iPhone or I use multiple large monitors.  But I can't do my actual work effectively and efficiently on a small screen so I've invested in some large monitors. 

Anyway, that's it for now.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
:-)
Purveyor

Posted Oct 30, 2015 in: Feature request
Score: -1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 30, 2015
  • Score: -1
Fascinating.
]:-<
Purveyor

Posted Oct 30, 2015 in: Ultra Wide Monitor
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 30, 2015
Posted by Ron Kuntz:
This was a major productivity killer for me.
Well, that could be the new tag line for Toodledo: Not a major productivity killer ... if you have an Ultra-Wide monitor. ;-)

And, given that interface changes are being implemented to make the website more usable on a mobile device, how productive can anyone be with a screen that is 1/7 the size?

It's clear that it is time for an alternative to the spreadsheet format.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 29, 2015 in: Ultra Wide Monitor
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 29, 2015
Posted by Ron Kuntz:
[It] has greatly added to my productivity.
How?
Purveyor

Posted Oct 28, 2015 in: Feature request
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 28, 2015
Just curious: What is a "thorough" GTD method?
Purveyor

Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 27, 2015
  • Score: 1
Posted by aleding:
I have zero idea why you felt compelled to change it....
The explanations are in the various topics here: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/0/news.html
Purveyor

Posted Oct 27, 2015 in: View all task details in pop up window?
  • Purveyor
Posted by holroy:
And following up on my limited view issue, is it possible to move the attachment, note and delete buttons away from the far right, and possibly to the start of the line?
Well, you can move the note icon to the left:
https://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=9

This message was edited Oct 27, 2015.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
There's a Help topic for that:
http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#135
Purveyor

Posted Oct 27, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 4)
  • Purveyor
Posted by Jake:
Both of these changes were also done to make the website more "responsive". This is a term that means that Toodledo will work on mobile devices just as well as in the desktop browser. You can see this for yourself by resizing this window and making it really skinny. The top section should scale down appropriately. Our goal is to eventually have the entire site work well inside a mobile browser and we are making great progress in this direction.
Yes, the top section scales down but I'm wondering how a multi-column grid format can work inside a smartphone browser. Seems to me that you're going to need a fundamentally different format to display tasks.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 23, 2015 in: Repeating tasks and status
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 23, 2015
Posted by johnsass88:
Unfortunately, they also don't seem to reset for repeating tasks, but the search-multiedit wasn't a bad idea - I'll see what I can do about it.
There is a way of automatically unstarring repeating tasks on completion.
In Settings: https://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=22
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 23, 2015
Given that Maureen has a Basic subscription, doesn't that mean that the answer is "1 week"?
See: https://www.toodledo.com/subscribe/index.php
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45      Next