Search results for "Posted by Purveyor"
Purveyor

Posted Nov 01, 2015 in: Choosing fields per View
Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 01, 2015
  • Score: 0
From an older topic, there's a suggestion by jeremiah.moss:
I think "fields used" should be per-folder, and not universal. My shopping list certainly does not need timer, due date, due time, etc. Yet, because another list does require them, I have to make them available everywhere.

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/14676/-81947/read.html#jump

I think that it's a good suggestion.

This message was edited Nov 01, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 31, 2015 in: Ultra Wide Monitor
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 31, 2015
Thanks, Ron, for the clarification.

I don't think that there's anything wrong with your way. In fact, it is similar to my way. 

About 10 years ago, I started using a desktop computer with two 19” monitors and, a couple of years later, I bought a 15” laptop and a 20” monitor for home use. Three years ago, a replaced the laptop with a 21” iMac, and I’m using the 20” as my second monitor. Recently, I got a new desktop for my work office, along with a 27” monitor. 

There are definitely advantages to using large monitors but not much when using Toodledo which, after all, is not a tool for actually accomplishing anything -- it is a tool for tracking what to accomplish and what was accomplished. The actual work involves other tools, other resources, and other people. 

In a typical day, I spend a total of about 15 minutes in Toodledo. That's not going to change much whether I use the screen on my iPhone or I use multiple large monitors.  But I can't do my actual work effectively and efficiently on a small screen so I've invested in some large monitors. 

Anyway, that's it for now.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
:-)
Purveyor

Posted Oct 30, 2015 in: Feature request
Score: -1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 30, 2015
  • Score: -1
Fascinating.
]:-<
Purveyor

Posted Oct 30, 2015 in: Ultra Wide Monitor
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 30, 2015
Posted by Ron Kuntz:
This was a major productivity killer for me.
Well, that could be the new tag line for Toodledo: Not a major productivity killer ... if you have an Ultra-Wide monitor. ;-)

And, given that interface changes are being implemented to make the website more usable on a mobile device, how productive can anyone be with a screen that is 1/7 the size?

It's clear that it is time for an alternative to the spreadsheet format.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 29, 2015 in: Ultra Wide Monitor
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 29, 2015
Posted by Ron Kuntz:
[It] has greatly added to my productivity.
How?
Purveyor

Posted Oct 28, 2015 in: Feature request
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 28, 2015
Just curious: What is a "thorough" GTD method?
Purveyor

Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 27, 2015
  • Score: 1
Posted by aleding:
I have zero idea why you felt compelled to change it....
The explanations are in the various topics here: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/0/news.html
Purveyor

Posted Oct 27, 2015 in: View all task details in pop up window?
  • Purveyor
Posted by holroy:
And following up on my limited view issue, is it possible to move the attachment, note and delete buttons away from the far right, and possibly to the start of the line?
Well, you can move the note icon to the left:
https://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=9

This message was edited Oct 27, 2015.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
There's a Help topic for that:
http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#135
Purveyor

Posted Oct 27, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 4)
  • Purveyor
Posted by Jake:
Both of these changes were also done to make the website more "responsive". This is a term that means that Toodledo will work on mobile devices just as well as in the desktop browser. You can see this for yourself by resizing this window and making it really skinny. The top section should scale down appropriately. Our goal is to eventually have the entire site work well inside a mobile browser and we are making great progress in this direction.
Yes, the top section scales down but I'm wondering how a multi-column grid format can work inside a smartphone browser. Seems to me that you're going to need a fundamentally different format to display tasks.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 23, 2015 in: Repeating tasks and status
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 23, 2015
Posted by johnsass88:
Unfortunately, they also don't seem to reset for repeating tasks, but the search-multiedit wasn't a bad idea - I'll see what I can do about it.
There is a way of automatically unstarring repeating tasks on completion.
In Settings: https://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=22
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 23, 2015
Given that Maureen has a Basic subscription, doesn't that mean that the answer is "1 week"?
See: https://www.toodledo.com/subscribe/index.php
Purveyor

Posted Oct 21, 2015 in: How do I multi-edit my Tags?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 21, 2015
Purveyor

Posted Oct 17, 2015 in: Restarting my account..?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 17, 2015
Purveyor

Posted Oct 08, 2015 in: Show button to filter tasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 08, 2015
Purveyor

Posted Oct 06, 2015 in: Breadcrumb Bar Update (part 3)
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 06, 2015
Very nicely done. :-)

The icons are informative and the layout is clean.

Now there's a lot of room to expand the "Quick Add Task" box, or will you be getting rid of the dark blue band and put the Add and Search functions elsewhere?
Purveyor

Posted Oct 05, 2015 in: Adding attachments to Notes
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 05, 2015
  • Score: 1
Nope, you can't add attachments to a Note.
:-(

No photos, no pdf files, no documents, no spreadsheets, no audio files and no video.
But then, you can't add or view any of these files in the Tasks section of the Toodledo iOS app even if you have a Gold or Platinum subscription. (You can though, email a file into Toodledo via your special email address.)

And, although can add a file to a Task via the website, you can't view it within Toodledo -- you have to download the file every time that you want to view it and then open it using the parent application. And, uploading a file with the same name does not automatically overwrite the first file. -- you have to delete the original file in Toodledo and then upload the new file.

You can, though, create a link to an Evernote note in a Toodledo Note or Task.

This message was edited Oct 05, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 05, 2015 in: Subtask contents have gone
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 05, 2015
Did you take a look at your recently deleted tasks?
See: https://www.toodledo.com/delete_log.php
Purveyor

Posted Oct 03, 2015 in: Completed tasks losing properties
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 03, 2015
Take a look at this:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/17550/0/miscellaneous-updates-outline-improvements-un-star-completed-.html

What's a bit strange, though, is that the star is removed from the completed task rather than just from the next instance of a completed task, and the star is removed even if the task is not repeating.

As far as I know, the only other field that has similar behavior is "Repeat", which becomes blank on a completed instance.

This message was edited Oct 03, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 02, 2015 in: Completed tasks losing properties
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 02, 2015
Check your setting for Un-star task on completion.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44      Next