ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Linden"
Linden

Posted May 25, 2009 in: Repeating tasks
Score: 0
  • Linden
  • Posted: May 25, 2009
  • Score: 0
Hmm. It appears that this poster was using an app, rather than Toodledo directly, which Toodledo staff are saying would possibly treat repeating tasks differently.

When I have a non-crucial daily-repeating task (that may often become overdue), I have it repeat from completion date. This prevents the new repeated task from starting out as overdue.

Your solution of the optional (?) marker brought a question to mind. If I've set an optional task to repeat daily and miss a day, does it become permanently removed, or is the overdue task removed and the repeat task created for the next day? That would be even better than my existing solution!
If you use the optional (?) marker, will it set up the repeat task if it disappears?
Linden

Posted May 13, 2009 in: Copying tasks
  • Linden
  • Posted: May 13, 2009
My workaround for this it to set my task to repeat daily.

When I check off the task for today and refresh the page, the task is already duplicated for the next day and I can edit the details to reflect the small changes needed for that next part.

This is usually just a change in the notes, but sometimes also a tweak in the task's actual name/action.
Linden

• Linden
  • Posted: May 11, 2009
Not only do you tirelessly aid the confused among us, Anders, (including me), but you are also thinking of our descendants LONG in the future. Really quite admirable! :)
Linden

Posted May 11, 2009 in: Parent Tasks at Top of List
  • Linden
Edward, don't worry about being a newbie. We can all learn from shared approaches and viewpoints, even if the approach isn't fully refined yet. You may have a new way of looking at the issue that solves the problem for someone who has been using ToodleDo for a long time.

I'm continuously tweaking my settings, finding methods that work for me. Once in a while, someone's post solves a problem for me and I can implement it.

I'm doing something very similar with the due dates. I find that date-less tasks end up functioning more like "someday" items from GTD when I use ToodleDo. Perhaps getting better at reviewing projects regularly will eliminate the need for this, but it's a useful starting point.
Linden

Posted May 11, 2009 in: Updates to forums
Score: 2
  • Linden
  • Score: 2
I would like to add my voice to the "no avatar, no sig" movement.

Rating posts was a nice forum addition, because as more people participate in the ratings it becomes easier to separate truly useful/helpful points from random commentary.

Avatars and signatures, while occasionally fun, will take away from the professional and productive nature of these forums.
Linden

• Linden
  • Posted: May 07, 2009
Thanks for sharing that, Vin. I like the new tasks sticking around, so I can add subtasks or avoid duplication if I'm adding several at once. But it's nice to know there's a quick shortcut to auto-refresh the folder when you're done!
Linden

Posted May 07, 2009 in: Two More Improvements
  • Linden
  • Posted: May 07, 2009
Roddy and Anders are both making excellent points -- I delete in similar situations. The key point in favour of deletion rather than checking for me is that checking it off (while safer) also distorts the stats and chains.

I use both the stats and chains to compare productivity from one day to the next, or measure consistency in tackling my goals. I don't want cancelled or duplicate projects distorting those figures.
Linden

Posted May 01, 2009 in: How are you using Folders?
  • Linden
  • Posted: May 01, 2009
Kenneth, that's an awesome system!

I use parent tasks as my projects and hadn't yet come up with an approach that would allow me to see a list of the projects. There was always clutter from all of the subtasks and one-shot todo items.

Your system provides a quick way to see all the ongoing projects in one place, without creating a separate folder for each.

Thanks for sharing!
Linden

Posted Apr 15, 2009 in: Updates to due dates and start dates
  • Linden
  • Posted: Apr 15, 2009
Thank you, guys! These are all amazing features!

I recently began to use Start Dates for the odd occasion that a task couldn't begin until the due date, particularly so it wouldn't show up in the scheduler. Now I can use the due-date modifiers and reduce my columns again.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11