ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Posted Oct 19, 2011 in: Best iPhone App to use with Toodledo?
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Oct 19, 2011
  • Score: 0
If you do a search on the forums here you will find quite a lot of previous posts about the various apps that sync with Toodledo.

I use Appigo Todo for the following reasons:

1. Appigo's overall interface design is cleaner, more intuitive and seems more iPhone 'native'. Its use of colours in lists is great as is the look of the icons for various indicators. Toodledo by comparison looks drab and old (almost Windows Mobile-ish to me) and it has so many options that it's difficult to use.

2. Project handling is much better. For example when you tap to display a project, it displays the project name at the top and all sub-tasks below it. Toodledo simply opens the project task showing all embedded fields which to me is cumbersome and unwanted. I rarely need to look at a task's fields once they're set, and especially not for a project which is really just a place-holder for a bunch of other tasks.

3. Appigo has a native inbox on its home screen which I find very useful. I wish Toodledo had that on the web interface.

4. Appigo has Checklists which I find invaluable for errands such as supermarket lists.

Regarding Appigo not having some of the fields, it hasn't been a problem for me. While I use one of them in Toodledo web interface (start date) it's only occasional and not having it on the iPhone hasn't affected my ability to see tasks and get things done. I have most of the other Toodledo-only fields turned off, e.g. status, goals, start time, length, location) because I want my system to be simple and low maintenance.
PeterW 

Posted Oct 13, 2011 in: Display Notes icon in multi-line mode
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Oct 13, 2011
Hi,

I've probably asked for this before, but I really would like to see the Notes field displayed on the main line of the multi-line view.

The simple reason is so that the user doesn't have to expand each task to determine if notes exist for a task.

Thanks.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Oct 10, 2011
Steve - I'm running Win 7 Enterprise 64-bit and just opened Toodledo with both IE9 and IE9 64-bit. Both worked fine.

I have some Microsoft Office add-ons, a few from TechSmith and one from McAfee. None are interfering.
PeterW 

Posted Oct 06, 2011 in: Todo from Appigo - very satisfied
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Oct 06, 2011
I'm a long-time Appigo Todo user.

I don't need the extra fields (e.g. start date & time, location) and have turned off a bunch of Toodledo fields that I don't want to use for simplicity sake (e.g. priority, status, etc), so for me Appigo Todo is a great fit.

Add to that Appigo's Project handling/interface is light-years ahead of Toodledo's and it's interface is still a much better iOS implementation.

I've found the syncing very robust - yes, a bit slower than Toodledo's but it's not by much (maybe it depends on task retention settings on the hand-held).

I try Toodledo on the iPhone from time-to-time but find that it still has a comparatively clunky interface.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Oct 05, 2011
PeterW 

Posted Sep 28, 2011 in: Folder vs Status Field for GTD
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Sep 28, 2011
For me, the main reason is that it most closely matches the standard GTD workflow, i.e. basic lists of:
- Next Actions (single-step tasks)
- Projects (multi-step tasks)
- Waiting for (tasks that need external response)
- Someday (tasks that are nice to do, not essential)

I just could not find a good-enough reason to use folders for areas of focus. I tried but it didn't work for me. For example, if I have to do the following tasks:
(a) Complete & send a form to the insurance company
(b) Publish end-of-month financials
(c) Order software licence upgrades for SQL server

...what folders do these tasks belong in? E.g. Insurance, Admin, Finance, Reporting, Purchasing, Software?

And how will I later find these tasks? E.g. task (a) might belong in insurance or admin, task (b) could be filed in finance or reporting, task (c) might belong in purchasing or software, etc.

And what value does it add to my system to have these tasks filed under their arbitrary 'area of focus' folder? What benefit do I derive from this? It's neat but what does it do for me?

Adding the status field to my workflow would just complicate things even further for me. I don't want to have to maintain each task to set its status to 'active' or 'complete' or whatever. I just want to action tasks and have them disappear off my list.

Priority is another field I turned off. Again, it's just arbitrary and would possibly change from day to day as other demands on my time arise, so why bother using it?

In the same way, GTD argues against setting due dates on tasks unless there really is a hard deadline. Using due dates to set priority is false economy, resulting in wasted time every day rolling them forward.

First and foremost, my GTD system needs to help me get things done efficiently, not slow me down. It's not meant to be a complicated database. It should be simple and effective.
PeterW 

Posted Sep 22, 2011 in: Format of Due Date
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Sep 22, 2011
It's kind-of there already... roll your mouse over a due date and a little popup will show you the date with the day in brackets.
PeterW 

Posted Sep 21, 2011 in: Problem with server time/notifications?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Sep 21, 2011
Yes, I am still using Appigo Todo on my iPhone and this task was created on the iPhone. Will let Appigo know.
PeterW 

Posted Sep 20, 2011 in: Problem with server time/notifications?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Sep 20, 2011
Hi,

I've noticed some weirdness a few times with notifications recently, i.e. alerts arriving way earlier than they should.

For example, I have a task with an alarm set for 5:00pm today and to fire ~1 min prior. I received the email and text message at 11:56am, about 5 hours earlier than they should have been sent.

I've confirmed that the time-zone in my Toodledo settings is correct. Any idea what's going on?
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 30, 2011
Posted by clason:
Tracking Projects as Goals, not Sub-tasks
I started by using Toodledo's suggestion of using Master tasks for projects, and sub-tasks as the individual tasks for that project. Cool in concept, clunky and difficult to manage in reality. Instead, against advice, I switched to making every goal a project. Advantages: easy sorting by project, a separate screen that shows a list of all projects with a list for notes and inter-relationship, a designated field to fill in for project name whenever I enter a new task. Much better than tasks and sub-tasks. I no longer use sub-tasks.

Interesting idea... I'm using Appigo Todo on the iPhone because it's much more intuitive that Toodledo's app and it handles subtasks nicely. But it doesn't support goals.

Toodledo's iPhone app handles subtasks poorly IMhO but I might give it a try and replace my project parent tasks with goals.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 14, 2011 in: Task counts on Search tab?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 14, 2011
Hi,

This one might have slipped past without you noticing.

Are there any plans to provide task counts on the search page?

Thanks.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 09, 2011
It used to be blue (which I liked) but has now changed to grey? At least it has for me in both Chrome & FireFox.

I'm not reading the forums much so was there another UI update in the last 24 hours? Any other changes?
PeterW 

Posted Aug 08, 2011 in: Colour choice for row styles
Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 08, 2011
  • Score: -1
Thanks - colour schemes would be great.

In case it helps anyone else, I've edited one of my old Stylish scripts for Toodledo to change just the date colours.

Overdue is bright red bold & italics
Due today is bold blue
No due date is regular black text

/*
Toodledo - theme by PeterW - Version 1.0
*/

.date1 {color: #085DB7 !important;}

.date2 {color: #3E7AB4 !important;}

.date3 {
color: #f73b42 !important;
font-weight: bold !important;
font-style: italic !important;
}
PeterW 

Posted Aug 07, 2011 in: Colour choice for row styles
Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 07, 2011
  • Score: -1
Thanks for the new row styles.

I'm using the Due Date option and find the red colour somewhat dull (almost brown looking). Would it be possible to provide us with a small palette of colours to chose from?
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 04, 2011
Posted by Toodledo:
Which browser are you using?

I am using Chrome v13.0.782.107. I just checked in FireFox v5.0 and it's the same. (Windows 7)

However in IE9 (64-bit) it's much better.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 04, 2011
I've just added subtasks for the first time using the new UI and found the font size in the Notes field almost unreadable.

I'm using a 24" widescreen monitor at 1920x1080 resolution (standard for that size monitor) and I haven't zoomed my browser window.

I think it's made worse by the fact that the font in that field during edit is courier. Can you perhaps bump the font size up a notch or maybe change the edit font to arial?

Thanks.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 02, 2011 in: Issue with new UI in multi-line mode
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 02, 2011
The gaps between fields in multi-line mode are quite wide, so I find that with a fairly "normal" window size this causes them wrap to two or more lines.

Can you move them closer together? Some of the old stylish themes did this nicely which is a more economical use of space.

Thanks.
PeterW 

Posted Aug 01, 2011 in: Task counts on Search tab?
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Aug 01, 2011
  • Score: 1
I'd like to have task counts on the search tab.

See this old thread:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/7043/0/task-counts-on-search-tabs.html

p.s. the greasemonkey script written by another user a while back no longer works with the new interface.

This message was edited Aug 01, 2011.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 31, 2011
Posted by belindagardon:
If you can get the collaboration working properly you will def have two more Pro customers - and we will tell all of our friends how good it is too!!!

Would love to know if this is on the horizion at all!!!!

There are a lot of enhancement requests on the horizon (Toodledo said over 1,500 just recently). The question is more about how far away the horizon is. :)
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Mar 31, 2011
No, never seen that happen.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next