ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by piyush_soni"
piyush_soni

Score: 0
Edit the script, and replace all window.wrappedJSObject with 'unsafeWindow' (which is anyway a short hand of wrappedJSObject, but works in FF 4.0 with the FF 4 port of GreaseMonkey.). Mine is working fine after the change. I also think when the official Greasemonkey release comes out with the Release Candidate of Firefox 4.0, this problem will be automatically solved.

I don't remember getting the forum error. Will verify again probably.
piyush_soni

Posted Oct 25, 2010 in: Access to everyone's posts
What is the problem if it does? This is a public forum, and is supposed to include public posts anyway. All private discussions go elsewhere.
piyush_soni

Posted Oct 24, 2010 in: Tag management
You want to install this: ToodleDO Mutli-Edit Tasks

(Can auto-select all tasks with a given tag, and can remove just a given tag from all of them.
piyush_soni

No problem here as well. Some times creating a new profile helps. You may try a complete uninstall. (I think Firefox asks you to remove other data as well while uninstalling)
piyush_soni

Posted Oct 22, 2010 in: Task counts on Search tabs
I just found out that ToodleDo itself doesn't do an update of tab count in the main views when clicked on any given tab(without a full reload), which is sort of weird. To test this, go to your All tasks, 'star' a few tasks temporarily. Note the count on the 'Starred' tab and then click that. You'd see that even though the status header shows correct number of starred tasks (which should be increased now), the tab count is still the same.
piyush_soni

Score: 1
Yes, that 'fix' is called Better ToodleDo Slim, which works in both Firefox and Chrome when you press the 'install' button on the this link. (For Firefox you'll have to install the extension GreaseMonkey to use it, in chrome works by default. )

I was trying to make that work for IE as well (using another add-on) but no luck so far.

This message was edited Oct 22, 2010.
piyush_soni

Posted Oct 21, 2010 in: Install Sync Toodledo
An msi can only be installed on Microsoft Windows OS, not on Mac OSX.
piyush_soni

Russky77,
I think for near future you might have to settle for manually adding a Context called 'Commute' to these tasks you can finish in your bus. Or may be tags if that suits you.

Posted by Technocrap:
Out of curiosity what kind of task you want to do on the bus that you can't do elsewhere ?:

I think it's more about utilizing that one hour which would otherwise go wasted in the bus than 'not being able to do them elsewhere'. I used to have a long commute too in the past, and I always used to think of ways of making better use of it. Making pending phone calls, writing down some ideas about next project ... etc. Of course, Russky77 would have better plans :)

This message was edited Oct 21, 2010.
piyush_soni

Posted Oct 21, 2010 in: Task counts on Search tabs
I got it. It's not so complicated. :) I started reading your posts bottom up, but as soon as I read "1 To-do sorted by Due-Date" I knew what was it. That's why I was always seeing some count, as I either had zero tasks, or more than one there. I did not think about singular and plural while creating my original regular expression, so 'to-dos' will match, 'to-do' will not. Resolved, install again. :)

This message was edited Oct 21, 2010.
piyush_soni

Posted Oct 20, 2010 in: Task counts on Search tabs
Humm ... Strange. I set the same search criteria on one of my tabs, and it did display proper count in both Firefox and Chrome. When I deleted the tasks I completed today, it was showing me (0) as well. When you click that particular tab, what does the header just below it show (which generally reports "x To-dos sorted by Folder")? Does it say nothing? Does it happen each time you load the page?

(If you want, you can make an account on userscripts.org to PM me instead of writing here)

Also, if you install Greasemonkey, does it happen in Firefox as well?

This message was edited Oct 20, 2010.
piyush_soni

@ToodleDo,
I don't think there are too many people who use Search as there default view. And as you said before, a very tiny percent of those come to forums, and an even smaller percentage will install this script, and on top of that not many people have 'a dozen' search counts. And after I updated the script, it doesn't do any extra search after adding the tasks, so I think we should be good to go - until you provide us with a good way to do it in ToodleDo itself.
piyush_soni

Ok. You don't have to reload the page anymore. When you click one of the search tabs, you don't have to do even a single extra search than what ToodleDo already does for showing you the results.

So as you said, just after adding a task it will not update the tab count. But if you click it to reload ToodleDo's search, it will read the returned result from the HTML page only, and update the count.

You just have to install it again from that link.
piyush_soni

Posted Oct 19, 2010 in: Task counts on Search tabs
Glad that helped you. Anyway, though the installation is simple in Chrome, in the long run there are still some problems with it if you want to do more things with user scripts - as Chrome doesn't support so many things like persistent storage yet which Greasemonkey does. Anyway, that's discussion on some other forum :)
piyush_soni

Posted Oct 19, 2010 in: Task counts on Search tabs
Score: 3
I was having a lonely Sunday yesterday and I thought of writing some interesting code.
So, Here I came up with a script for you, which will automatically show all the tab counts in Search page after installing it. (If you are using Firefox or Chrome). As the Admin (Jake?) said, it of course has to make a real time search to know the actual count, but the script uses an asynchronous AJAX call for doing that so will not slow down the normal page loading. On a decent internet connection it should be fast enough to find them all very quickly (though you can 'feel' with your eyes each tab getting its count). Faster than doing it by hand though in any case.

I will integrate it with my other ToodleDo script, but for now you can just install this. I guess the code is self explanatory and you can change it for your needs as well (to even make it faster!).

One time operations:

1). Install Greasemonkey for Firefox, one of the most popular & useful add-ons(if using Firefox, otherwise skip it for Chrome - there is built in support there) from here , Restart browser.

2). Install ToodleDo Search Tab Counts by pressing the install button in chrome or FF. Done.

From then, each time you open your search page it should show the counts. If this works for you, we can modify it to just make the count query for your 'Inbox' named search.

Piyush
piyush_soni

Posted Oct 17, 2010 in: Task counts on Search tabs
The search tab on the top doesn't display the count, but it does show that just below it(Something like - "31 To-dos sorted by Folder"). Am I missing something?

This message was edited Oct 17, 2010.
piyush_soni

Posted by Technocrap:
Posted by rtobias:

I just want to say to the 100's of engineers, developers, scientists, and researchers who are working night and day to make Toodeldo an even better product, "Thanks!"

I love you.

:P
piyush_soni

Well, that's a thoughtful answer. Thanks.
piyush_soni

Posted Oct 13, 2010 in: Please make sharing free like on RTM!
I like Joyce's idea. It's a win win for both, ToodleDo and users.
piyush_soni

Posted Oct 12, 2010 in: Google Calendar Gadget Scrollbar
The link has changed(one single time). Better ToodleDo Slim is located at this link now:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/88019
piyush_soni

@Alan,
By quoting my statement do you want to deny the fact that keeping the to-do items in "Your head" is not at all a Professional way of managing tasks? In fact - this is the sole reason customers join this website! Can you stop for a few minutes and think about that?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13      Next