ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Purveyor"
Purveyor

Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 02, 2015
  • Score: 0
Posted by johnprince2112:
I'll admit I was very apprehensive....AND I've only read the cliff notes to the GTD process (I understand its principals, of course).
Why "of course"?

Anyway, you might be interested in this:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/15546/0/my-toodledo-quick-start-guide.html

And this:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/5/14310/0/why-gtd-doesnt-work-and-why-i-like-my-modified-system-is-better.html

This message was edited Oct 02, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 01, 2015 in: Minor Typo
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 01, 2015
Purveyor

Posted Sep 29, 2015 in: Toodledo for Apple Watch
Score: -1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 29, 2015
  • Score: -1
Hi Salgud.
Good to see you back here. ;-)
I'm back after trying another online task manager for about a year.

Besides the fact that they can sell 13 million new-model iPhones in three days (which, from a logistical point of view, seems impossible), one of the most incredible things about Apple is that they still haven't created a good task manager. (In fact, it wasn't until iOS 5 that Apple even offered a mobile task manager.)

Well, some people must think that Reminders is good. I wonder how many of Apple's 100,000 employees use it?

Maybe it's better on the Watch ...

This message was edited Sep 29, 2015.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
I agree with you, but ...

Here's Jake response from a few years ago:
There is currently a limitation in the way we do things such that a single task can only appear on the screen once. This is why a task will not appear multiple times on the same page under each tag divider.

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/11504/0/multiple-tags-act-like-one-tag.html

This message was edited Sep 29, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 29, 2015 in: completed tasks deleting?
  • Purveyor
The change that you need to make is not in Settings.

Take a look at the Help topic How do filters work?:
The filters can be accessed by clicking on the "Show" button in the toolbar above your list.
Recently Completed
This filter will hide or reveal tasks that were completed in the last 7 days. Tasks that were completed more than 7 days ago are always hidden and can only be viewed by conducting a search.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 24, 2015 in: Where's QuickSearch?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 24, 2015
The Quick Search function is not available when using a Search, and, as far as I know, has never been available.
Purveyor

Score: 2
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 24, 2015
  • Score: 2
You can set Default View to Search: https://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=7

Or, in your browser, you can set a Favorite/Bookmark: https://www.toodledo.com/tasks/index.php#search

You can't set a specific Search but Toodledo will remember your most recent Search.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 23, 2015 in: Hiding completed tasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 23, 2015
Yes, you can hide completed tasks.
Actually, it takes a few steps to show completed tasks.

Take a look at this Help topic:
Where are my completed tasks?

It has links to two other relevant Help topics:
How do filters work?

Search and Multi-Edit

This message was edited Sep 23, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 22, 2015 in: Breadcrumb Bar Update (part 2)
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 22, 2015
  • Score: 1
z = Hide/Reveal task details or notes
w = Open or close dividers

(I see now that TheGriff posted this earlier.)

I don't know the keyboard shortcut to toggle between Grid and Multi-line formats. In any case, the main issue is being sidestepped: There should be a way of customizing which fields are displayed in the single line of the Multi-line format. Currently, there's only the Task name and the sort field. It would be nice to display some other key fields, like Date Due, Folder, Timer, or Length. If this was the case, then I would almost never use the Grid format.

This message was edited Sep 22, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 22, 2015 in: iOS - Copy settings between devices
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 22, 2015
Wouldn't it be even better if the settings were synchronized across devices, similar to how the Hotlist is optionally synced?

BTW, Jake, I've noticed that you are providing more meaningful feedback when responding to feature suggestions.

Good!!
:-)

This message was edited Sep 22, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 21, 2015 in: I have the sign = before a due date
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 21, 2015
Take a look at Date modifiers:
"Sometimes a task can only be completed on a specific due date (like a dentist appointment) and being reminded about it ahead of time is unnecessary. You can fix this by setting it to be due "on" the date. The abbreviation for this is an equals sign in front of the date. For example "=2008-01-01". This signifies that this task can only be completed on Jan 1, 2008 and that we shouldn't worry about it until then."
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 19, 2015
Posted by steve:
Perhaps I am going about this all wrong, but it seems like this should be pretty straightforward.
Perhaps, and sort of. ;-)

Create a Saved Search:
1. Select "Goal" and choose the goal that you want to summarize.

2. Then you'll need to somehow specify "last month's data", so you'll need a date field, perhaps Date Completed or Date Started. I don't think that you can specify "last month" in a Search so you'll need something like "in the last 30 days" (if you're running the report at the end of the month) or you can specify the date range by using something like Date Completed "is after" August 31 AND Date Completed "is before" October 1.

3. Run the Search and, at the bottom of the list, you'll a get total time for all the tasks in the Search.

4. Save the Search and you can modify it and run it each month.

This message was edited Sep 19, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 18, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 18, 2015
Posted by pawelkaleta:
In other words, if someone wants to focus on tasks realization, the tracking can be made even even with piece of paper without using systems like TD hence any UI changes should theoretically be not as important to spend hours on the forum complaining on things like lack of autohidding of the Ribbon, width of Notes field, too small font etc. That is however my personal opinion only. But I hope it makes sense :)
It does make sense. :-)
You are addressing the bigger picture while some others are focusing on the fine detail.

Although the Ribbon is nice, it highlights an issue with Toodledo that has had from day one: Enabling a field like Context or Priority automatically gets you a View for that field, whether you want that View or not.

For example, I use Priority because I sometimes sort my tasks by Importance. By choosing to enable Priority, I automatically get views based on Priority, which means that the Menu/Ribbon will show Priority, even though I never want to view only my Top Priority tasks, or only my High Priority tasks, or only my Medium Priority tasks, or only my Low Priority tasks.

Likewise, even though I want to view tasks for a particular Context, I want the list to be filtered in a way that's not possible in the Context view, so I use a Saved Search. (I can even filter the Search by Context by using the Show function.) The Context tab in the Ribbon is of almost no use to me.

Even though I use Folders, Contexts, Priority, Tags and Due Dates, I don't need any of the built-in views associated with those fields. There should be an option to display or hide various items in the Ribbon. As it is, I just ignore all the items except the magnifying glass and the calendar. (No, not that calendar, the other calendar. Y'know, the one that looks like a calendar.)

Also, given that clicking on a Ribbon icon automatically opens the Ribbon, it seems to me that clicking on the same icon should close the Ribbon. (Another choice here would be that the Ribbon doesn't open or close until you click the Collapse button. This means that if the Ribbon is collapsed, you could select an item and the Ribbon would stay collapsed.)

And, now that there's a Breadcrumb bar, I would be fine with eliminating the Ribbon. One small issue: The dropdown for Saved Searches displays only 12 entries. This might be a problem for some users.

This message was edited Sep 18, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 16, 2015 in: Sample Saved Searches?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 16, 2015
The real power of Toodledo is in Search and Multi-Edit. But there are no Saved Searches for a new user.

There are two questions that I've seen several times:
1. How do I view completed tasks?
Recent example: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/21349/0/how-to-view-completed-tasks.html

2. How do I change the Due Date to today on overdue tasks?
Recent example: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/21467/0/mass-updating.html

The answer in both cases involves Saved Searches.

How about making similar sample searches available for new users?
Purveyor

Posted Sep 10, 2015 in: Priorirization of 'Next Action'
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 10, 2015
Posted by johnprince2112:
I've skimmed the book and read 30+ articles/watched countless demonstrations, etc. So I understand it at an intermediate level and am planning on reading the book of course.
I suggest you read "the book". There's a new edition for 2015.

Also, you can search the Toodledo Forums for "next action".

The most extensive discussion of implementing GTD implementation in Toodledo is here: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/5/2660/0/proximos-gtd-setup.html

This message was edited Sep 11, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 09, 2015 in: Mass updating
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 09, 2015
Take a look at Search and Multi-Edit.

Create a Search with:
Checked Off = No
Due Date is before today

Run the Search, then click on Multi-Edit, change the value of Due Date, and save Multi-Edit.

This message was edited Sep 09, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 08, 2015 in: Bump task to next deadline
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 08, 2015
Take a look at "optionally on": https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#42
You can also designate a task as optional (abbreviated with a "?"). This acts like "=", but if the date passes and you have not completed the task, the task will be automatically removed, or moved forward if it is a repeating task.
This is close to what you're looking for but you won't have a record of tasks that were "not done".
Purveyor

Posted Sep 03, 2015 in: Locations
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 03, 2015
Or, you can select Locations in the Ribbon.
With the Ribbon expanded, you can add a location, and you can click on the pencil in the top right of the Ribbon to get to the Locations screen that Bridget mentions above.

This message was edited Sep 03, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 02, 2015 in: How to VIew Completed Tasks?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 02, 2015
@hdsheena

Have you taken a look at the Toodledo Statistics? https://www.toodledo.com/tools/stats.php.
The line graph might do what you want: https://www.toodledo.com/tools/stats/line.php

Also, you can export your completed tasks at https://www.toodledo.com/tools/connect_csv.php and then view them in Excel or Google Sheets. You could then analyze completed tasks.

BTW, I search for completed tasks by using "Checked Off = Yes" instead of "Date Completed Exists". Not sure if there's any difference in the output but it is more intuitive for me.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Aug 28, 2015
Jake, your response implies that this is the first time that you've received such a request.

You received similar requests in 2010:
It would be better if that link was opened in a new Tab of the browser so that Toodledo is left open in its own tab.
Urrrg. How often do you want the link to open in the same window?? For me, the answer is never.
In 2012, you had several requests:
I would also like to see the links open in a new window when I click them, it's kind of annoying to have to manually request them to be in a new window.
Please have at least an option to open links in a new tab. Those who suggest I should do so by shift clicking or right clicking miss the point. Gmail and other web applications open attachments in new tabs. I therefore have to work one way in email (and most of the other web applications I use) and another way in Toodledo. I waste so much time closing a tab to discover I have to reopen Toodledo.
I would very, very, very much prefer URL links to open in a new tab, similar to other common web applications, such as Gmail for example.
You eventually responded with this:
We plan to change this behavior to match gmail. This will be coming in a future update.
In 2014, this:
I NEVER want to replace my Toodledo task list page with a web page, but that's exactly what happens when I click on a link in a task. Please make it EASY to open a new page when I click on a link - e.g., just like everything in Google does (GMail, Docs, ...).
And in 2015:
Please please please!!! Make links from task notes open in a new browser tab. It's really very annoying when I'm opening a link and all of a sudden it just replaces the ToodleDo window.

This message was edited Aug 28, 2015.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44      Next