ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Purveyor"
Purveyor

Posted Oct 21, 2015 in: How do I multi-edit my Tags?
Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 21, 2015
  • Score: 0
Purveyor

Posted Oct 17, 2015 in: Restarting my account..?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 17, 2015
Purveyor

Posted Oct 08, 2015 in: Show button to filter tasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 08, 2015
Purveyor

Posted Oct 06, 2015 in: Breadcrumb Bar Update (part 3)
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 06, 2015
Very nicely done. :-)

The icons are informative and the layout is clean.

Now there's a lot of room to expand the "Quick Add Task" box, or will you be getting rid of the dark blue band and put the Add and Search functions elsewhere?
Purveyor

Posted Oct 05, 2015 in: Adding attachments to Notes
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 05, 2015
  • Score: 1
Nope, you can't add attachments to a Note.
:-(

No photos, no pdf files, no documents, no spreadsheets, no audio files and no video.
But then, you can't add or view any of these files in the Tasks section of the Toodledo iOS app even if you have a Gold or Platinum subscription. (You can though, email a file into Toodledo via your special email address.)

And, although can add a file to a Task via the website, you can't view it within Toodledo -- you have to download the file every time that you want to view it and then open it using the parent application. And, uploading a file with the same name does not automatically overwrite the first file. -- you have to delete the original file in Toodledo and then upload the new file.

You can, though, create a link to an Evernote note in a Toodledo Note or Task.

This message was edited Oct 05, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 05, 2015 in: Subtask contents have gone
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 05, 2015
Did you take a look at your recently deleted tasks?
See: https://www.toodledo.com/delete_log.php
Purveyor

Posted Oct 03, 2015 in: Completed tasks losing properties
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 03, 2015
Take a look at this:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/17550/0/miscellaneous-updates-outline-improvements-un-star-completed-.html

What's a bit strange, though, is that the star is removed from the completed task rather than just from the next instance of a completed task, and the star is removed even if the task is not repeating.

As far as I know, the only other field that has similar behavior is "Repeat", which becomes blank on a completed instance.

This message was edited Oct 03, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 02, 2015 in: Completed tasks losing properties
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 02, 2015
Check your setting for Un-star task on completion.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 02, 2015
Posted by johnprince2112:
I'll admit I was very apprehensive....AND I've only read the cliff notes to the GTD process (I understand its principals, of course).
Why "of course"?

Anyway, you might be interested in this:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/15546/0/my-toodledo-quick-start-guide.html

And this:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/5/14310/0/why-gtd-doesnt-work-and-why-i-like-my-modified-system-is-better.html

This message was edited Oct 02, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 01, 2015 in: Minor Typo
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 01, 2015
Purveyor

Posted Sep 29, 2015 in: Toodledo for Apple Watch
Score: -1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 29, 2015
  • Score: -1
Hi Salgud.
Good to see you back here. ;-)
I'm back after trying another online task manager for about a year.

Besides the fact that they can sell 13 million new-model iPhones in three days (which, from a logistical point of view, seems impossible), one of the most incredible things about Apple is that they still haven't created a good task manager. (In fact, it wasn't until iOS 5 that Apple even offered a mobile task manager.)

Well, some people must think that Reminders is good. I wonder how many of Apple's 100,000 employees use it?

Maybe it's better on the Watch ...

This message was edited Sep 29, 2015.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
I agree with you, but ...

Here's Jake response from a few years ago:
There is currently a limitation in the way we do things such that a single task can only appear on the screen once. This is why a task will not appear multiple times on the same page under each tag divider.

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/11504/0/multiple-tags-act-like-one-tag.html

This message was edited Sep 29, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 29, 2015 in: completed tasks deleting?
  • Purveyor
The change that you need to make is not in Settings.

Take a look at the Help topic How do filters work?:
The filters can be accessed by clicking on the "Show" button in the toolbar above your list.
Recently Completed
This filter will hide or reveal tasks that were completed in the last 7 days. Tasks that were completed more than 7 days ago are always hidden and can only be viewed by conducting a search.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 24, 2015 in: Where's QuickSearch?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 24, 2015
The Quick Search function is not available when using a Search, and, as far as I know, has never been available.
Purveyor

Score: 2
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 24, 2015
  • Score: 2
You can set Default View to Search: https://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=7

Or, in your browser, you can set a Favorite/Bookmark: https://www.toodledo.com/tasks/index.php#search

You can't set a specific Search but Toodledo will remember your most recent Search.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 23, 2015 in: Hiding completed tasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 23, 2015
Yes, you can hide completed tasks.
Actually, it takes a few steps to show completed tasks.

Take a look at this Help topic:
Where are my completed tasks?

It has links to two other relevant Help topics:
How do filters work?

Search and Multi-Edit

This message was edited Sep 23, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 22, 2015 in: Breadcrumb Bar Update (part 2)
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 22, 2015
z = Hide/Reveal task details or notes
w = Open or close dividers

(I see now that TheGriff posted this earlier.)

I don't know the keyboard shortcut to toggle between Grid and Multi-line formats. In any case, the main issue is being sidestepped: There should be a way of customizing which fields are displayed in the single line of the Multi-line format. Currently, there's only the Task name and the sort field. It would be nice to display some other key fields, like Date Due, Folder, Timer, or Length. If this was the case, then I would almost never use the Grid format.

This message was edited Sep 22, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 22, 2015 in: iOS - Copy settings between devices
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 22, 2015
Wouldn't it be even better if the settings were synchronized across devices, similar to how the Hotlist is optionally synced?

BTW, Jake, I've noticed that you are providing more meaningful feedback when responding to feature suggestions.

Good!!
:-)

This message was edited Sep 22, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 21, 2015 in: I have the sign = before a due date
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 21, 2015
Take a look at Date modifiers:
"Sometimes a task can only be completed on a specific due date (like a dentist appointment) and being reminded about it ahead of time is unnecessary. You can fix this by setting it to be due "on" the date. The abbreviation for this is an equals sign in front of the date. For example "=2008-01-01". This signifies that this task can only be completed on Jan 1, 2008 and that we shouldn't worry about it until then."
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 19, 2015
Posted by steve:
Perhaps I am going about this all wrong, but it seems like this should be pretty straightforward.
Perhaps, and sort of. ;-)

Create a Saved Search:
1. Select "Goal" and choose the goal that you want to summarize.

2. Then you'll need to somehow specify "last month's data", so you'll need a date field, perhaps Date Completed or Date Started. I don't think that you can specify "last month" in a Search so you'll need something like "in the last 30 days" (if you're running the report at the end of the month) or you can specify the date range by using something like Date Completed "is after" August 31 AND Date Completed "is before" October 1.

3. Run the Search and, at the bottom of the list, you'll a get total time for all the tasks in the Search.

4. Save the Search and you can modify it and run it each month.

This message was edited Sep 19, 2015.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45      Next