Search results for "Posted by Purveyor"
Purveyor

Posted Sep 18, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 18, 2015
  • Score: 0
Posted by pawelkaleta:
In other words, if someone wants to focus on tasks realization, the tracking can be made even even with piece of paper without using systems like TD hence any UI changes should theoretically be not as important to spend hours on the forum complaining on things like lack of autohidding of the Ribbon, width of Notes field, too small font etc. That is however my personal opinion only. But I hope it makes sense :)
It does make sense. :-)
You are addressing the bigger picture while some others are focusing on the fine detail.

Although the Ribbon is nice, it highlights an issue with Toodledo that has had from day one: Enabling a field like Context or Priority automatically gets you a View for that field, whether you want that View or not.

For example, I use Priority because I sometimes sort my tasks by Importance. By choosing to enable Priority, I automatically get views based on Priority, which means that the Menu/Ribbon will show Priority, even though I never want to view only my Top Priority tasks, or only my High Priority tasks, or only my Medium Priority tasks, or only my Low Priority tasks.

Likewise, even though I want to view tasks for a particular Context, I want the list to be filtered in a way that's not possible in the Context view, so I use a Saved Search. (I can even filter the Search by Context by using the Show function.) The Context tab in the Ribbon is of almost no use to me.

Even though I use Folders, Contexts, Priority, Tags and Due Dates, I don't need any of the built-in views associated with those fields. There should be an option to display or hide various items in the Ribbon. As it is, I just ignore all the items except the magnifying glass and the calendar. (No, not that calendar, the other calendar. Y'know, the one that looks like a calendar.)

Also, given that clicking on a Ribbon icon automatically opens the Ribbon, it seems to me that clicking on the same icon should close the Ribbon. (Another choice here would be that the Ribbon doesn't open or close until you click the Collapse button. This means that if the Ribbon is collapsed, you could select an item and the Ribbon would stay collapsed.)

And, now that there's a Breadcrumb bar, I would be fine with eliminating the Ribbon. One small issue: The dropdown for Saved Searches displays only 12 entries. This might be a problem for some users.

This message was edited Sep 18, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 16, 2015 in: Sample Saved Searches?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 16, 2015
The real power of Toodledo is in Search and Multi-Edit. But there are no Saved Searches for a new user.

There are two questions that I've seen several times:
1. How do I view completed tasks?
Recent example: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/21349/0/how-to-view-completed-tasks.html

2. How do I change the Due Date to today on overdue tasks?
Recent example: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/21467/0/mass-updating.html

The answer in both cases involves Saved Searches.

How about making similar sample searches available for new users?
Purveyor

Posted Sep 10, 2015 in: Priorirization of 'Next Action'
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 10, 2015
  • Score: 1
Posted by johnprince2112:
I've skimmed the book and read 30+ articles/watched countless demonstrations, etc. So I understand it at an intermediate level and am planning on reading the book of course.
I suggest you read "the book". There's a new edition for 2015.

Also, you can search the Toodledo Forums for "next action".

The most extensive discussion of implementing GTD implementation in Toodledo is here: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/5/2660/0/proximos-gtd-setup.html

This message was edited Sep 11, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 09, 2015 in: Mass updating
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 09, 2015
Take a look at Search and Multi-Edit.

Create a Search with:
Checked Off = No
Due Date is before today

Run the Search, then click on Multi-Edit, change the value of Due Date, and save Multi-Edit.

This message was edited Sep 09, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 08, 2015 in: Bump task to next deadline
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 08, 2015
Take a look at "optionally on": https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#42
You can also designate a task as optional (abbreviated with a "?"). This acts like "=", but if the date passes and you have not completed the task, the task will be automatically removed, or moved forward if it is a repeating task.
This is close to what you're looking for but you won't have a record of tasks that were "not done".
Purveyor

Posted Sep 03, 2015 in: Locations
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 03, 2015
Or, you can select Locations in the Ribbon.
With the Ribbon expanded, you can add a location, and you can click on the pencil in the top right of the Ribbon to get to the Locations screen that Bridget mentions above.

This message was edited Sep 03, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Sep 02, 2015 in: How to VIew Completed Tasks?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 02, 2015
@hdsheena

Have you taken a look at the Toodledo Statistics? https://www.toodledo.com/tools/stats.php.
The line graph might do what you want: https://www.toodledo.com/tools/stats/line.php

Also, you can export your completed tasks at https://www.toodledo.com/tools/connect_csv.php and then view them in Excel or Google Sheets. You could then analyze completed tasks.

BTW, I search for completed tasks by using "Checked Off = Yes" instead of "Date Completed Exists". Not sure if there's any difference in the output but it is more intuitive for me.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Aug 28, 2015
Jake, your response implies that this is the first time that you've received such a request.

You received similar requests in 2010:
It would be better if that link was opened in a new Tab of the browser so that Toodledo is left open in its own tab.
Urrrg. How often do you want the link to open in the same window?? For me, the answer is never.
In 2012, you had several requests:
I would also like to see the links open in a new window when I click them, it's kind of annoying to have to manually request them to be in a new window.
Please have at least an option to open links in a new tab. Those who suggest I should do so by shift clicking or right clicking miss the point. Gmail and other web applications open attachments in new tabs. I therefore have to work one way in email (and most of the other web applications I use) and another way in Toodledo. I waste so much time closing a tab to discover I have to reopen Toodledo.
I would very, very, very much prefer URL links to open in a new tab, similar to other common web applications, such as Gmail for example.
You eventually responded with this:
We plan to change this behavior to match gmail. This will be coming in a future update.
In 2014, this:
I NEVER want to replace my Toodledo task list page with a web page, but that's exactly what happens when I click on a link in a task. Please make it EASY to open a new page when I click on a link - e.g., just like everything in Google does (GMail, Docs, ...).
And in 2015:
Please please please!!! Make links from task notes open in a new browser tab. It's really very annoying when I'm opening a link and all of a sudden it just replaces the ToodleDo window.

This message was edited Aug 28, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Aug 26, 2015 in: File access from IPAD or Iphone
Score: -1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Aug 26, 2015
  • Score: -1
The simple answer is "No".

From 2009:
It is on our to-do list, but we are focusing right now on making the basic experience more stable and polished.

From 2015:
Attachments on the iPhone is a planned feature for the future.

But ... you have Outlines and Lists and Habits, and a nice ribbon on the website. :-)

This message was edited Aug 26, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Jul 29, 2015 in: Select Parent Task Field
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2015
nm

This message was edited Jul 29, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted Jul 23, 2015 in: Keep subtasks open
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 23, 2015
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 21, 2015
Purveyor

Score: -1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 10, 2015
  • Score: -1
You've always been able to see your Lists on your iPhone by going to your browser (Safari, Chrome, Opera, etc.) and logging into Toodledo. You can even add https://lists.toodledo.com/#/dashboard to your Home Screen.

Now, the web pages look better on mobile devices and tablets.

BTW, when you put something in quotes, you should be quoting what someone actually wrote.
Purveyor

Posted Jun 24, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jun 24, 2015
Posted by Big Fred:
The reason I'd like you to make this a SEPARATE APP rather than part of the implementation of your task app is that the Watch apps that are truly useful minimize taps. Even if one has to scroll or swipe or other maneuver from the task part of a Watch app to the habit part, that's one gesture too many, in my opinion.
This applies to the iPhone app as well.

Given that there's no integration of Habits with any other section of Toodledo, it makes sense to have Habits as a separate app.

Posted by shfl:
For what it's worth, it would have been good to see this integrated into tasks instead of a stand-alone feature. In my mind, all habits are tasks.
I agree. The Habits section would be much more useful if it was integrated with Tasks. There would be alarms, notes, various repeating schedules, and various ways of categorizing, filtering and sorting habits by using fields like Folder, Context, Location, Tags and Priority. At the very least, I would like to filter my habits by "Business" and "Personal", and I would like to put them in a particular order, without having to use various kludges.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Jun 22, 2015
It seems that Toodledo does not track the time that a task was created or completed -- just the date. Is that right? When I sort by Date Created or Date Completed, the time is ignored. Also, the time is not in the exported CSV file.

Also, in Settings, New Task Defaults, there's a place to put a value for "Start Time". Can this field default to the time that the task is created?

Thanks.
Purveyor

Posted Oct 20, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 20, 2014
Name and define views?
See Saved Searches?
Purveyor

Posted Oct 16, 2014 in: Renewed Feature Request -sort save
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 16, 2014
Purveyor

Posted Oct 14, 2014 in: Email Warning
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Oct 14, 2014
Well, to be fair to delton.smith, Toodledo already knows the last time that a user synced from a device or app. It should be easy to refer to this information before sending the email warning.
(Toodledo makes the info available here: https://www.toodledo.com/active_apps.php )
Purveyor

Posted Sep 29, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 29, 2014
Posted by alexwright72:
How hard would it be to update the notes section to include rich text, including bold, italic, and color, *while editing the note* as well as while not editing the note?
Take a look at this request from March 2009: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/1594/-7151/feature-request-rich-text-editing-for-notes.html
Purveyor

Posted Sep 22, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 22, 2014
Hi Bridget. Good work so far in the changes to the main Toodledo page.

Posted by Bridget:
I'd like to hear specific scenarios and use cases to better understand your perspective on these three subjects.
Do you expect us to know the meaning of "use cases"? :-/

Over the years, there have been hundreds (or thousands?) of posts with a wide variety of suggestions and comments, many of them followed by Jake's response: "We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list."
(More recent posts say "This is on our to-do list, but it is our policy to not comment on our roadmap or delivery dates for future feature improvements" unless they are from Sabina in which case the response is still "We can't comment on a time frame, but this item is on our to-do list.")

One justification for these tiresome posts has been that Toodledo is logging those suggestions in "the list". You should be able to go through that list and get the feedback you need.

Also, is the following post by Jake still true today?
One thing to keep in mind is that only about 3% of our users have ever set foot in the forums, and an even smaller fraction have posted a comment. So, what you read in the forums shouldn't really be used as a general barometer for the desires of the entire user base.
From https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/7343/-38531/read.html

This message was edited Sep 22, 2014.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45      Next