Search results for "Posted by Purveyor"
Purveyor

Posted Mar 17, 2014 in: Best Project Management Tool
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 17, 2014
  • Score: 1
Time to dig out this comment by Steve Jobs from about 10 years ago:
Most people make the mistake of thinking design is what it looks like... People think it's this veneer -- that the designers are handed this box and told, 'Make it look good!' That's not what we think design is. It's not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.

Unfortunately, not even Apple has been able to design an elegant task manager that matches the capabilities of Toodledo.

FWIW, I think that Jake's real strength is in creating and updating the Toodledo API. Several software developers have used it create apps that sync with Toodledo, including one of the apps mentioned in the Lifehacker blog -- Appigo's Todo, which was the first mobile app to sync with Toodledo.

This message was edited Mar 17, 2014.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 13, 2014
Posted by kayne:
The way that the those fields get filled in is by hand, by me. This means when we get a new customer it takes me about an hour or so - depending on relative complexity - to set up their task list. This seems horrendously inefficient.
It is inefficient because you are using the wrong tool for the job. Take a look at Customer Relationship Management software (CRM).

At a more basic level, you need software that merges data. You can use something like Excel, Word and Outlook to do that, or you can use Gmail and Google Docs. You can then create email messages that have some formatting rather than just plain text. Merging on a mobile device would be difficult, but not impossible.

This message was edited Mar 14, 2014.
Purveyor

Posted Mar 13, 2014 in: Groups of Folders
  • Purveyor
Antonio, it seems that you want the ability to specify contains, doesn't contain, begins with, ends with when searching by Folder.

Right now, the only options are "is" and "is not".

This message was edited Mar 13, 2014.
Purveyor

Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Score: 0
Well, according to Jake:
This is something that is on our to-do list, but the main purpose of this idea is to save 2-6 mouse clicks.
From: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/14778/-71460/read.html

Obviously not important enough.
Purveyor

Posted Feb 28, 2014 in: MYN preconfiguration not "taking"
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 28, 2014
Here's what's supposed to happen with the MYN settings in Toodledo:
Fields Used: Priority, Task, Start Date, Due Date, Repeat, Trashcan. These fields will be reordered and other fields will be hidden.
Default View: Main
New Task Defaults: Start Date of today. Priority of medium.
Filters: Hide completed tasks, hide negative priority, hide future tasks.
Sorting: Each view will have it's list sorted in a particular way.
The question is "Which setting isn't sticking?"

BTW, all the changes can be made in Settings. You don't have to use the "Methodology Preset" that Toodledo has made available, and there are no additional functions that become available when you implement the MYN settings.

This message was edited Feb 28, 2014.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 27, 2014
Well, another $30 gone ...

Posted by Jake:
Adding attachments to our iOS app is something that we plan to do but have not had time to get to yet.
Actually, you've had several thousand hours to get to it ... ;-) You've chosen to spend the time on other projects that you've decided are more important. It's as simple as that.

Your pricing model allows you to collect quite a bit more money from users who are willing to pay for the ability to attach files to tasks, and several users have expressed their disappointment that file attachments are not available in the iOS app. But, over the past 5 1/2 years, you've decided that it wasn't worth your time and effort to implement this feature.

Instead, you redesigned your iOS app (which resulted in something that you called a disaster, and you implemented Lists and Outlines, but not in the iOS app. You probably went with what you thought would maximize your revenue, and it could be that you made the right decision. But, when I see you ask for a measly $5000 to proceed with Android development, I suggest that you re-evaluate some of your business decisions.

I purchased my first Toodledo subscription in 2008 and I renewed every year until last year. Twice I paid for what is now called the Gold subscription, and, even though it was practically useless to me without mobile access to files, I justified the extra $15 by telling myself that I was supporting your software development. It took me a while to wake up.

I'm still keeping an eye on your development. You've done a lot of things right. We'll see how the business continues. Hey, perhaps you'll get purchased by Apple or Google! :-)

This message was edited Feb 27, 2014.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 26, 2014
Attachments are not available in the Toodledo iOS app.

Here's a request from November 2008:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/977/-4488/file-sync-to-iphone.html

And a more recent request:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/17282/-81220/file-availability-in-mobil-and-ios-apps.html
Purveyor

Posted Feb 25, 2014 in: why lock old topics?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 25, 2014
What is the problem with people bumping old requests that have already been logged?

As yjphauh points out, the alternative is to create a new topic that addresses an old request.

This message was edited Feb 25, 2014.
Purveyor

Posted Feb 24, 2014 in: Missing "Tasks" marked "optionally on"
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 24, 2014
According to the link that Jake provided:
"if the date passes and you have not completed the task, the task will be automatically removed."

But, in the same post, Jake says that "the task is automatically completed".

I'm pretty sure that "optionally on" non-repeating tasks are deleted after the Due Date passes.
Purveyor

Posted Feb 22, 2014 in: Using more of the website abilities
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 22, 2014
Sorry, I misunderstood your point about "Dave".
Purveyor

Posted Feb 21, 2014 in: Using more of the website abilities
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 21, 2014
gSyncit does not sync Rich Text Format.
Purveyor

Posted Feb 20, 2014 in: Using more of the website abilities
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 20, 2014
Posted by mark_1337909683:
any features above which Outlook will not support may be nice but are not useful since the sync back to Outlook would strip them out.
It's not just about features that Outlook supports. It's also about features that your syncing software supports.

How are you syncing Toodledo with Outlook?
Purveyor

Posted Feb 20, 2014 in: Using more of the website abilities
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 20, 2014
Strange answer, Jake.

The Toodledo iPhone app does not support attached files, nor does it sync with Outlook.
Outlook doesn't have subtasks.
I don't know of any third-party software that maintains the Toodledo task/subtask relationship in Outlook and that syncs Toodledo files with Outlook. Are you aware of any software that does this?

Also, you need at least a Silver subscription for subtasks and a Gold subscription for files. mark_1337909683 has a free subscription.
Purveyor

Posted Feb 03, 2014 in: Weekly Tasks
Score: -1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 03, 2014
  • Score: -1
If a repeating task has an "optional" Due Date and the date passes, the task will automatically be moved forward. The task won't be completed, it won't be deleted, and it won't show up as overdue.

You can designate a task as "Optionally on" when you set a task's Due Date. You can see this choice by clicking on "Due by" to the left of the Due Date. Or, you can get the same result by putting a "?" before the date.

Take a look at this Help topic:
https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=42

Also, to avoid problems similar to those in your point #3, you can set a repeating task to "Repeat from Completion Date" instead of from Due Date.

BTW, in your list of choices, #4 would be: Change the Due Date to the next day.

This message was edited Feb 03, 2014.
Purveyor

Posted Jan 27, 2014 in: Only 1 ticket per day - seriously???
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jan 27, 2014
Posted by Salgud:
I fear that Jake is one stubborn so-and-so, and will keep his eye steadily on the prize, just as any smart entrepreneur would do.
Don't be afraid. ;-)

I agree with your basic premise: Jake is a business owner who is doing what he thinks will improve his results. I don't know how profitable the company is but Jake's business model has been successful in the sense that Toodledo is one of the most popular online task managers.

I also agree with this: Railing at Jake is pointless.
As long as enough people pay to use Toodledo, Jake will continue with his current approach.

BTW, Google what Strother Martin actually said.
And it's Brigitte ...
:)
Purveyor

Posted Jan 06, 2014 in: Filtering for Repeating tasks problem
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2014
Salgud, it seems that "Repeat is Other" selects non-repeating tasks.

Try adding AND "Repeat is not None".
Purveyor

Posted Dec 20, 2013 in: Auotomatically change task status
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 20, 2013
Hi Gregg.

The answer to each of the questions in your first post is "No".

As for advice, first re-read Getting Things Done.
Then watch this video in which David Allen explains why method matters more than a productivity tool.

Then take a look at this: http://www.43folders.com/2004/09/08/getting-started-with-getting-things-done

And this: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/5/2660/0/proximos-gtd-setup.html

This message was edited Dec 20, 2013.
Purveyor

Posted Dec 19, 2013 in: Save Sorts with Searches
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 19, 2013
Take a look at Jake's post here https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/17447/-81955/read.html where he says:
I know that you (and a few others) have been asking for saved sort/filters for years. We have not done it yet because it is a lot of work for relatively little gain, since this feature would only save a few clicks here and there.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Dec 02, 2013
Yes, it is possible.

Take a look at these Help topics:
How can I hide tasks that are due in the future?
How do I use the start date field?
How do due date modifiers work?

Also, take a look at this topic about displaying subtasks:
Why are my subtasks showing up on the same level as tasks?

This message was edited Dec 02, 2013.
Purveyor

Posted Nov 28, 2013 in: Can't Add Attachments?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Nov 28, 2013
You need a Gold Subscription to add attachments to tasks.
See: https://www.toodledo.com/subscribe/index.php
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45      Next