Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Posted Feb 09, 2011 in: duration
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 09, 2011
  • Score: 0
Posted by eykanal:
Huh... I'm supposedly "watching" this topic, but I didn't get any emails that there were responses to it.

Unfortunately the watchlist doesn't send notification emails or anything like that. All you can do is click on the 'Your Watchlist' link at the top right of your browser window when you visit the site. This displays all topics you are watching and then you have to look at the unread ones.

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/watch.php
PeterW 

Posted Feb 09, 2011 in: duration
  • PeterW 
@eykanal,

In most task management systems (in fact all of the ones I know) tasks can only be 'due' on one specific date. They can't be due on a number of days in a row.

If you want a task to stay on your radar for a number of days in Toodledo, you will have to set a start date and set an ultimate due date.

Or if it is a task you work on daily, then use the 'clone' feature to create one for each date and check it off.
PeterW 

Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Score: 1
If you have a Pro-Plus subscription, email attachments are saved & attached to the task.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 09, 2011 in: Appigo Todo Metadata
  • PeterW 
I guess you could contact Appigo to discuss - they're generally quite responsive and have a Google discussion group.

I have a recollection that Toodledo was planning on adding some additional hidden fields to enable third-party apps to store information. In fact he may have already done this, so maybe Appigo could use this to store their metadata.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 07, 2011
Posted by dockterj:
I need to reread that thread too but the way I got this to work was to use sub-tasks. So in the project folder you have projects as top level tasks with all tasks for that project under them. Tasks stay in the project folder unless they are actionable (SNAs). At that point they are moved to the actions folder. The sub-task link stays. The "Hidden" view helps immensely when looking at the projects folder.

I'm doing something similar (i.e. projects folder with parent tasks for projects and subtasks for project actions) but I don't change folders because I sync with Todo on the iPhone and it forces subtasks to be the same folder as the parent.

So I simply either star the project next action or give it a due date to force it into my hotlist.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Posted by mfcmfc:
Feature request: have a site-wide context or location filter that applies to every tab from an easy to switch drop-down menu.

NirvanaHQ.com has this feature - it's named 'areas', as in areas of responsibility.

I use my tags for this purpose although it's not quite as elegant.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 07, 2011 in: Starting to muse a gtd-based toodledo
  • PeterW 
Hi dockterj,
I also have recurring tasks but just rely upon the reminder feature as my tickler, and if I don't get to the task then I leave it sitting overdue where it's quite obvious until I check it off.

I've found that the search view helpful in that you can set pretty much any combination of start and due dates you need and then save as a tab for frequent use.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Good questions.

It has been quite a while since I read the thread that you've linked - it has some valuable info in it.

I'm not sure I understand how you've set up your system. How exactly do you link your projects to your project actions?
PeterW 

Posted Feb 07, 2011 in: Only 1 context
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Score: 1
My view is that sub-contexts such as @Excel, @Access etc might be going a bit too far. If you're at the computer then you can easily switch between applications so you're not really limited in what you can do at that time.

On the other hand, time and energy would be good to help decide what to do although Toodledo doesn't cater for them directly. Maybe you could use Tags to hack a solution for those although I haven't tried anything like that and don't know if it would work well.

As for priority, GTD doesn't really promote priority as a good way to determine what to do next.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 06, 2011 in: Desperately needing projects
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 06, 2011
That's sounds similar to how I am using Toodledo for GTD projects.

For me, each project is represented by a parent task and each project action is a subtask. I add a brief abbreviation of the parent task name at the start of each subtask name so that when the subtasks are viewed 'loose' (e.g. in the Hotlist) I can immediately see which project they relate to.

In the Folder view I leave subtasks set to 'nested' and use manual sorting so I can see the project actions in their entirety and in sequence. All other views are set to 'flattened'.

I've found this to be enough for me to handle projects.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 05, 2011 in: Desperately needing projects
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 05, 2011
You probably need to define what it is you want to achieve, e.g. the features you require and maybe the workflow needed. Projects could encompass anything from simple parent task/subtask handling all the way up to a full project management solution like http://basecamphq.com.

There have been many users here who have requested better 'project handling', some wanting a simple solution for GTD methodology (e.g. features like automatic promotion of project next actions into a unified next actions list), others who want multi-level subtasks, etc.

This message was edited Feb 05, 2011.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 04, 2011 in: Starting to muse a gtd-based toodledo
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 04, 2011
Posted by dockterj:
Peter, can you expand a little on how you are handling inbox and ticklers? I'm using a proximo setup and inbox seems to work ok for me but ticklers are not.

Hi dockterj,

Proximo started out with a folder named Inbox (see first post) but I think he may have moved away from this later on (I haven't read the thread in a long while so can't remember).

The main reason is that I use Appigo Todo on my iPhone which has an Inbox. When it syncs with Toodledo, the Inbox tasks land in 'No folder'. So 'No folder' is really Toodledo's inbox (i.e. it contains unprocessed tasks).

If I create an 'Inbox' folder on Toodledo, I then end up with two Inboxes in Appigo Todo. So I treat 'No folder' as Toodledo's inbox and I work from the Search tab where one tab is named 'Inbox' (search criteria: checked off = no, folder = no folder).

As for Ticklers, I found that approach required too much additional work. I simply use the 'Start date' field for any item that I think requires a tickler and have my search tabs setup to display tasks when the start date comes into my range.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Feb 02, 2011
You can set new task defaults in your settings. That might solve part of your problem.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 02, 2011 in: Toodle Do "freezing" in Firefox
  • PeterW 
Try disabling the add-ins one-by-one to see if one of them may be the culprit. The only add-ins I used in FireFox are Stylish and Ad-Block and I don't have problems.
PeterW 

Posted Feb 02, 2011 in: Starting to muse a gtd-based toodledo
  • PeterW 
Toodledo can be used in a variety of ways so this is a difficult question to answer.

Before you get too much further I would also suggest reading the following thread which contains an alternative method for implementing GTD in Toodledo that I think works well: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/5/2660/0/proximos-gtd-setup.html

There are a few modifications I'd suggest to this implementation (e.g. no need for an Inbox folder or Ticklers folder as these can be handled more simply). If you can, read some of this thread and look at the videos and then consider the best approach.

To answer your question about what a day looks like, the Hotlist (or a custom saved search Hotlist) is how I tackle each day. Once you've read the thread this will become more clear.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 31, 2011 in: Tab order in multi-line mode
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 31, 2011
@piyush_soni - yes, that's it. I leave all my views sorted with due date as the primary sort.

@Jake - thanks.
PeterW 

Score: 2
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 30, 2011
  • Score: 2
Have you tried Appigo Todo? I use it on the iPhone and am really happy with the way it handles subtasks.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 28, 2011 in: Tab order in multi-line mode
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 28, 2011
Sorry, I was not very clear. This is not during 'add task' which works fine. It's during 'edit task'. So for example with an existing task, click the arrow to display all fields, click in the task name field then tab off it. It bypasses the due date field (at least for me).
PeterW 

Posted Jan 27, 2011 in: Tab order in multi-line mode
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 27, 2011
Hi there,

When Toodledo is set to multi-line mode, tabbing off the task name skips over the due date field. In fact, you can't get the due date field with the keyboard.

Can this be fixed please?

Thanks.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 27, 2011 in: please make toodle-do look prettier!!
Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 27, 2011
  • Score: -1
@jimnyo...

Recent announcements suggest that UI enhancements are not at the top of Toodledo's list for 2011, so you might want to consider a third-party tool that can help enhance the UI.

Stylish for FireFox:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stylish/

Stylish for Chrome:
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/fjnbnpbmkenffdnngjfgmeleoegfcffe

Toodledo Stylish themes:
http://userstyles.org/styles/browse/toodledo.com
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next