Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Posted Apr 02, 2015 in: Winodws 10
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 02, 2015
  • Score: 1
Posted by michaelregent:
I understand no development is underway for the windows 10 phones. Too bad, your android app is the best app around, hands down. I love it (even though I really dislike Android due to the security nightmare, fragmented app development, and the lack of tools to access and transfer files to my tablet and laptop.) However, I also love seamless integration between devices and that will trump this app, even if I have to go to pen and paper. If windows 10 really allows easy file transfer between all devices then I have no choice... Please consider the market opportunity to capture all windows users since this app is much, much better than outlook for task management. Also, it would essentially be one development cycle for phones/tablets/PCs... seems like a real win win.

Yes, with a market share of 3% and steadily falling, there should be a great deal of effort to get a Winphone version out NOW. If they don't get on it right away, there won't be any Winphones around to use it on!
Salgud

Posted Apr 02, 2015 in: Goals Feature
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Apr 02, 2015
  • Score: 0
Goals is under Organize because they are attached to tasks directly. They are not separate entities like Outlines, Lists and Habits.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 27, 2015
+1, plus first weekday of the month
Salgud

Posted Mar 26, 2015 in: User Studies
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 26, 2015
As always, I contributed my 2 cents, like it or not! :)
Salgud

Posted Mar 25, 2015 in: Search in all fields
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 25, 2015
Depends on your definition of "easy". There is no one click Search across the database, as there should be. The "easiest" way that I know is to open a view showing all of the tasks you wish to search. I have a few in my Saved Searches for this purpose, like "All Active", which is everything not marked Completed or Canceled. I also have one called "All", which is all, including completed. I use this one rarely as it takes over 20 sec to load.

Once I have the view, if I want to search the Notes fields, I click on the Show Details button in the menubar to expose the notes. Then I do a Ctrl F, which opens the browser search box, and enter my search criteria. This will search all exposed fields, including task notes. 3 steps. Easy? To me, easy enough. To keyboard fanatics who save minutes a day by doing everything from the keyboard and actually imagine they are "saving time", it's an eternity. :)
Salgud

Posted Mar 25, 2015 in: Priorities
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 25, 2015
These are not currently customizeable.
Salgud

Posted Mar 24, 2015 in: Subtask Due Date
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 24, 2015
Under "Show" in the menubar, under Subtasks, change it to "Inline".
Salgud

Posted Mar 24, 2015 in: hide note
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 24, 2015
If you go to the menu line just above the column titles and to the right of the Sort options, there is a page icon. If you hover over it, it's called "Hide Details" or "Show Details", depending on current status. If they are already showing, it will say "Hide Details". Click on it. There ya are.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 23, 2015
Thanks for letting us know, Jake.
Salgud

Posted Mar 23, 2015 in: Search in all fields
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 23, 2015
Doing a search in the Notes field is easily done in a regular Search.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 19, 2015
Posted by andreasm89:
Thanks this works perfectly on my web browser however the saved search filters don't seem to work properly on my iPhone. Any idea why this may be?

I haven't checked all of my Saved Searches on my iPhone vs online, but I did check my Hotlist, which is a fairly complex list, and they match exactly. Maybe you're using a type of criteria I'm not using, or something like that. As far as I can tell, the iOS version is in alignment with the online one. Maybe others can check and comment?
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 19, 2015
Another option: When you create the repeat reminder for the 30th of each month, create a separate one for Feb 28. After all, we all know in advance...
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 18, 2015
It's been discussed many times here. In months not containing the date, the task does not occur. The fix is "on the list". There are workarounds also in these forums.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 17, 2015
I don't know of a way to do what you're asking using the standard issue TD Hotlist. One way to deal with this is to use a Saved Search to create your own Hotlist, with the ability you're asking for. I have that feature in my personal Hotlist because one of the criteria is that if the Start Date is before tomorrow, it shows up on the list. So in an instance like yours, I'd just set the Start Date 5 days before the Due Date and then it appears on my list as specified. Saved Searches are one of the best, most powerful features of TD.
Salgud

Posted Mar 11, 2015 in: Saved Searches
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 11, 2015
Posted by johnprince2112:
Jake is there a way to either manually re-order my saved searches...OR easily rename them? I have a lot and number them to sort as desired.
1-Work
2-Personal
3-High Priority Items Due to Me

This works great, but I have about 25 of them. If I inject one say at #3, I have to go run, rename, and then delete all the subsequent ones. Was hoping I can simply rename on instead of running it, "saving as" (w/new name) then deleting the one with the old name. Of course better yet manually order them (saved) on both web app and IOS app.

Thanks!

-John

Another possible solution, if you don't require they be in an exact order, is to give them alphabetical prefixes to group them where you want them to appear in the list.I use this system to put the views I use most at the top, the views I use least at the bottom. The views I want at the top of my list have ! symbols in front of them, which puts them at the top. These include !Inbox, !Hotlist (I use my own custom hotlist), and !Star. Below that are various ones with no prefix that fall near the top, which is where I want them, without any manipulation. Below that, I have all the views I use in my Weekly Review labeled WR-001 to WR-012. Theses include special tasks assigned by my boss (WR-002 MAl), a list of Active Projects (WR-006 Active Projects), the Meetings I organize (WR-004 Mtgs), and so forth. Below that, I have my least used views, with prefixes of x, z, and zz, which gives me 3 additional groupings for seldom used views. E.g., I have x Next Actions, z Delegated, and zz All, which has every task in my database, including completed, which I rarely need/use and which takes about 25 seconds to load. I have to be pretty desperate to use this one! :)

The WR grouping does require renaming them all if I add one inside the grouping, but that happens so rarely that I don't worry about it enough to space them out, as Jake has suggested.

So my list looks something like:

New List
!Hotlist
!Inbox
!Star
Due Today
WR001 - T&E
WR002 - MAl
WR012 New Employee
x Active
x Added Today
z Bookmarklets
z Delegated
zz Active
zz All

You could, of course, add more groups simply by adding more symbols.

It's definitely a bit of a hodge-podge, and probably won't appeal to more OCD users than myself (I think I'm only about 40% OCD ;) I've been using this system for a couple of years or more, and don't really notice the symbols except when I'm trying to place a new view.

Personally, I don't think true manual sorting will be a feature for the foreseeable future as all development efforts have been going to adding and fleshing out Lists, Outlines and Habits for over 2 years now, and virtually none going toward task management features. (Take a look at the last couple of years of progress reports if you doubt this fact).

Best of luck finding a system that works for you.

This message was edited Mar 11, 2015.
Salgud

Score: 2
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Mar 03, 2015
  • Score: 2
I would much prefer that they add some fundamental task management features, such as sub-folders, task dependencies, etc, than yet another "tool in the knife".
Salgud

Posted Feb 24, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Score: -1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 24, 2015
  • Score: -1
Ok, so you're talking about additional layers of tasks, which is typical in many projects (but not necessarily all projects). This is a long and oft-requested feature, admittedly difficult to implement. Since this feature has been on "the list" for many years before the development direction went horizontal, I'll be extremely surprised to see it make the cut now that depth of task management has been abandoned.
Salgud

Posted Feb 23, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 23, 2015
Posted by c5000nc:
It would seem an easier solution to the issue of re-designing Tasks to act more like Projects

Not sure what you mean here, "more like Projects". What kind(s) of Projects?
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 20, 2015
Nice article, Charles.
Salgud

Posted Feb 17, 2015 in: Completed Tasks for "Today"
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 17, 2015
Try a Saved Search:

Checked off|Yes
And
Date Completed|was in the last|0 days
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next