ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Purveyor"
Purveyor

Posted Sep 19, 2013 in: Tasks, Notes, Outlines, Lists, ...
Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 19, 2013
  • Score: 0
Posted by Richard Masters:
I fear that the new business plan is to compete with Evernote, which is a doomed venture and personally I will stay with Evernote.
I think that the plan is the same as always: Introduce as many features as possible and fine-tune those features to the point where many users are happy with them. It doesn't have to satisfy all users or even most users, as long as there are enough new users who are willing to pay to have those features.

Toodledo is pretty strongly entrenched as one of the most popular online task managers. Adding Outlines and Lists broadens the scope. And, for Toodledo, breadth is more important than depth.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Sep 10, 2013
Purveyor

Posted Aug 20, 2013 in: Outline for iOS
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Aug 20, 2013
Posted by Sabina A.:
we're unable to comment on time frames.
In the same way that I am unable to renew my subscription?
Purveyor

Posted Jul 30, 2013 in: Silver, Gold, Platinum
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 30, 2013
  • Score: 1
Posted by Jake:
Platinum comes with increased file storage (50GB)
Your explanation of File Uploads and Attachments says: "Toodledo allows you to upload 50GB of files for safe keeping and easy access."

The page does not say that a Platinum subscription ($89.99/year) is required for the 50GB limit.

"Safe keeping" yes, but "easy access"?? There's no way of organizing the files, other than attaching them to tasks, and there's no way of downloading the files, other than one at a time.

From the same page:
If you allow your Gold Subscription to expire, you will no longer have access to your files. You will be given a 30 day grace period in which to renew your subscription and regain access to your files. After this grace period, your files will be deleted.
With no provision for bulk downloading, a Gold subscriber who has stored several gigabytes of files on Toodledo for "safe keeping" is, in effect, locked into Toodledo forever.
There really should be an easy way of "getting out".
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Jun 26, 2013
Posted by shelby.pereira:
I disagree, there should be no restructuring needed,since Toodledo is already be able to store the searches for the online version.
You are talking about Saved Searches on iOS devices. Salgud is talking about having the Sort Order and Filters saved along with the search criteria for each Saved Search on the website. I was addressing Salgud's points.
Purveyor

Score: -3
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jun 25, 2013
  • Score: -3
This post has been hidden because of negative votes. Click to reveal
Purveyor

• Purveyor
Posted by shelby.pereira:
Just a followup point on saved searches,in fact with saved searches, in addition to the advantages already mentioned, it also allows us to fully leverage tags and the fact that multiple tags can be assigned to a task.
It allows "us"??? If you mean power users, see my post above.

This message was edited Jun 25, 2013.
Purveyor

Score: -3
  • Purveyor
  • Score: -3
This post has been hidden because of negative votes. Click to reveal
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Jun 24, 2013
Posted by Salgud:
I admit to being somewhat frustrated with the general direction of your development, Jake, over the past 2 years.
It has taken me a long time to accept the fact that Jake's direction will be whatever it will be.

Toodledo is a business and, as long as the business meets Jake's expectations, then whatever he is doing is fine. He can't do everything so he has to choose.

As for the users, we also have choices ...
Purveyor

Posted Jun 20, 2013 in: New Section: Outlines
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jun 20, 2013
Posted by stephenmichaelso:
Same with any other "mindset" for getting things done -- skills, discipine, and tools have to work together and mutually reinforce ... but effective tools are *very* important.
I didn't say that tools aren't important. I'm saying that tools don't "impart discipline". Do you disagree?

Anyway, what do you use for tracking big projects and big ideas?
Purveyor

Posted Jun 20, 2013 in: New Section: Outlines
Score: -1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jun 20, 2013
  • Score: -1
Posted by stephenmichaelso:
I fear your statement "flexible enough to support any methodology," however.
So if the app doesn't impart the GTD discipline, the user ends up disappointed in GTD, because he thinks he's doing it, but doesn't see the results.

Don't be afraid ... ;)

The app doesn't impart the GTD discipline because the app can't impart the discipline. As David Allen has said many times in his recordings and videos, GTD is a mindset and a set of skills. It is independent of the tools that you use to develop the mindset and acquire the skills. In any case, Jake does not follow GTD, nor do most Toodledo users, based on my experience on these forums for the past five years.

As for David Allen, take a look at this video: TheBrain and David Allen.
Now that's an outline!
Purveyor

Posted Jun 19, 2013 in: New Section: Outlines
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jun 19, 2013
Torbjörn, there's a tiny garbage can in the top right corner.

This message was edited Jun 19, 2013.
Purveyor

Posted Jun 18, 2013 in: New Section: Outlines
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jun 18, 2013
Posted by acc.mcpherson:
I had it with Lotus Notes, but now that I am forced to use the microsoft platform I am without.
??
Okay, not exactly the same but Outlook Tasks and Appointments have multi-level lists, and Microsoft Word has had very powerful outlining since 1990.

Google Tasks allows unlimited nesting.
Google Documents and Evernote allow nested bulleted lists.
TreePad, a powerful tree-structured data manager, has been available since 1995.
If you're looking for a simple online outliner, there's Oak Outliner and, for teams and sharing, there's Checkvist.

Various mind-mapping programs have been available for years, e.g. MindJet and TheBrain.
And there's the simple and very cool Text2MindMap.

Mobile/desktop solutions:
LifeBalance has had outlining for several years, first for Palm and then for iOS devices, along with desktop software for Windows and Mac.
MyLifeOrganized has extensive outlining and is available for iOS, Android, and Blackberry. It offers WiFi and Cloud syncing, and Outlook synchronization.
Outliner by CarbonFin for iOS devices has been available for several years, and offers website/device sync.
Android Outliner offers Due Dates and Status, along with Dropbox syncing and OPML import/export.
If you want to visualize your ideas in a mindmap and sync with various desktop mindmapping software, there's iThoughts for iPhone and iPad.

Toodledo Outlines? Well, it's here ...

This message was edited Jun 19, 2013.
Purveyor

Posted Jun 14, 2013 in: Can't search completed tasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jun 14, 2013
Yes??
The answer is "No" unless you upgrade to a Pro Subscription.
Purveyor

Posted Jun 14, 2013 in: How do I delete all tasks?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jun 14, 2013
Go to the bottom of Account Settings.
Purveyor

Posted Jun 06, 2013 in: Edit Status List [asking again]
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jun 06, 2013
I see that the first time you asked was 3 1/2 years ago:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/4229/-22511/read.html

Hey, no harm in asking.
And, Hope springs eternal.
:-)
Purveyor

Posted Jun 06, 2013 in: New Section: Outlines
Score: 4
  • Purveyor
  • Score: 4
Okay, let's see:

No way of classifying the outlines, e.g. Folders, Contexts, Tags.
No Date Completed.
No Dates that can be modified by the user.
No Notes.
No Filters.
No links to Tasks or Notebook.
No ability to copy a branch.
No ability to uncheck all items in a branch.
No ability to automatically create numbered lists.
No indication of proportion of items completed.
No ability to export data.

Seems to me that this is still in Beta (or even Alpha, depending on what are considered the main features.)

How many users were asking for an outliner in Toodledo?

Meanwhile, as Salgud points out, there are many features that users have been asking for and that haven't been implemented. For example, take a look at this topic: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/14676/0/possible-improvements-and-new-features.html
Purveyor

Posted Jun 06, 2013 in: New Section: Outlines
Score: -1
  • Purveyor
  • Score: -1
Posted by strativourakis:
I....I'm speechless....I've wanted this basic, simple functionality in an iOS app for....well....ever since I can remember.s
Outliner by CarbonFin has been available for a long time. There's even an online version that syncs with the app.
Purveyor

Posted Jun 04, 2013 in: Toodledo Toosdays: Task Templates
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jun 04, 2013
A few more points:

1. If you are planning on using Folders, Contexts, Goals or Tags in your Task template, and you want those values to apply to the parent task and all of the subtasks, you can save some time if you specify those values in the parent task before you create the subtasks. Otherwise, you'll have to change the values for each subtask.

2. When you create the subtasks, you can use the "Add multiple tasks" feature.

3. You can't pre-populate time intervals between subtasks for non-repeating parent tasks. You can put dates but those dates won't be automatically updated when you clone the parent task. As an example, you might have a set of tasks that you do routinely but not at fixed intervals. If some of those tasks must be done at specific times over the course of a few days, it will take some additional effort to stipulate the schedule, even if you use a template.

4. "Task templates" seem to be best for checklists.

5. For simple checklists, you might find it easier to add the items in the task's Notes instead of creating subtasks.

6. The templates (parent task and subtasks) are still part of all your tasks so you'll want to somehow filter them out of your list of active tasks. See How do filters work?

7. You'll probably want to assign your templates to a Context or Folder called "Templates" so that you can find them easily. Or you could create a Saved Search based on some other variable. The Quick Search function won't work if your templates have been filtered out of your task list.

Ideally, the Templates should reside outside of your task list and they should be available when you create a new task, but you can't do this in Toodledo. Not yet, anyway.

This message was edited Jun 04, 2013.
Purveyor

Posted May 12, 2013 in: iOS App Version 3.0.5
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 12, 2013
Posted by gothick:
Another, vaguely-related bit of feedback: the sync config screen's "On/Off" sliders for the options really look "off" to me when they're in the "on" state. The complete lack of colour and "greyed-out" look to them when "On" really "feels" to me like they're not switched on when they are...
I agree.

This what I said more than two months ago:
Throughout the app, the "ON/OFF" switch is light grey when "ON". This is not consistent with the ON/OFF switches in other iOS apps or in the iPhone/iPad Settings, which use blue for "ON". Seems to me that you decided that there was too much blue so you went with light grey even though the iOS default offers better visibility.
From: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/16715/-79335/ios-app-update-302.html

This message was edited May 12, 2013.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45      Next