ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Posted Feb 13, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign (Phase 2)
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 13, 2015
  • Score: 0
I would like to add my +1 to this post
Salgud

Posted Feb 13, 2015 in: Basic needs not addressed in any apps
Score: 2
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 13, 2015
  • Score: 2
This is the reason there are so many task managers out there - everyone who's used them a while has his own concept of what one should ideally do, like you and me. Those that have the time and resources go out and create one. Problem is, there are only a few who want that same ideal task manager, and most of them can't find the one they're looking for amongst the plethora out there.

A couple of years ago, when TD virtually stopped development of the task management features in lieu of Lists, Outlines and Habits, I started looking in earnest for one similar to TD, but under active development. I created a spreadsheet and started with a list of the desirable features of TD, and actively sought out task managers to consider and compare. Frankly, I gave up after a few months. It was tough enough finding any that compared favorably with TD, much less exceeded it. Since I am nearing retirement, and soon won't need an advanced task manager anymore, I've decided to just stick with TD as is, realizing it will remain as is, in terms of task management features, and live with it for a couple of more years. It would take that long to get up to speed with a new one anyway.

Since you probably aren't retiring anytime soon, good luck in your quest!
Salgud

Posted Feb 11, 2015 in: Make links open in a new window
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 11, 2015
Or you can right-click and select "Open in new tab".
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 11, 2015
Posted by cj:
But LISTS seem to have some rudimentary adding/totals.

It has Sum and Average at the bottom of any applicable column, but that's it.

This message was edited Feb 11, 2015.
Salgud

Posted Feb 09, 2015 in: Put the SHOW options on the sidebar.
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 09, 2015
  • Score: 1
Posted by natgross:
The options on the SHOW pull down are powerful tools. However it is cumbersome to use.
If you put these options on the sidebar, not only can the user get instant feedback when changing a setting, but also can always see the current setting without the need to do anything. There is enough place on the sidebar to incorporate a new SHOW section.

thanks
nat

Strangely enough, some of us use TD differently than others. I don't have a sliver of space in my sidebar most of the time. If you're considering this option seriously, please make it an option.
Salgud

Posted Feb 06, 2015 in: Cloned task not seen as 'added today'
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 06, 2015
Pascal:
Interesting. I created a new multi-task project yesterday, and I went back after I read this post and I checked the Date Added on those, and they are all yesterday's date. There is something very different between what I'm seeing and what you're seeing.

One alternative to solve you're problem. Then I create a project from a template like that, I do a Permanent Link on the parent task, which isolates that project, then I do my Multi-Edit.

Still, seems like this issue with the Date Added needs to be addressed.
Salgud

Posted Feb 05, 2015 in: See lists or addresses on iPhone app
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Feb 05, 2015
Posted by None_1354673922:
STRONG suggestion, make a list/FAQ of what can't be done on the app, it will save people like me LOTS of time before we start putting things in there to find out that it still is not available.

That would be a very long list!
Salgud

Posted Jan 30, 2015 in: Multiple contexts
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 30, 2015
It takes the TD servers a few minutes to catch up sometimes, which seems to show up more with Tags than other things.
Salgud

Posted Jan 29, 2015 in: task sequencing
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 29, 2015
Posted by coolexplorer:
All users practically need is a way to sequence "Starred tasks" only, i.e. tasks planned/selected for the current day, not the entire database. It would really help in focusing and completing on one thing at a time without constantly evaluating all the starred tasks (I have too many starred tasks).

I avoid speaking for "all users", but this certainly isn't what I need. TD is so flexible and used in so many ways, that's I find it difficult to make any blanket statements. While I'm currently using stars as the final marker for today's list, I'm hoping that when they hire some people and I get done with some projects, I'll be able to go back to using Due Dates, Priorities and Statuses as the final arbiters of today's tasks. I'd still like to be able to manually sort them in order.

I imagine there are many others who use entirely different schemas in TD, as evidenced by the posts in these forums, that would like to be able to manually sort their task lists too. So, hopefully, it won't be limited to Starred tasks, if this feature ever comes to fruition.
Salgud

Posted Jan 29, 2015 in: Performance on PC Web interface
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 29, 2015
Posted by cyrilgodart:
Hi,

I am aware that I might be using Toodledo in an unconventional way, keeping
a lot of tasks as references with possibly long notes and managing them with
what might be an unusual high number of folders and goals. As years pass by,
the responsiveness of the site decreases, specially when switching to
Folder or Goal view.

You might consider changing how you use it rather than waiting (probably a very long time) for them to make changes. Have you tried keeping those reference notes in the Notes section, rather than storing them as tasks? The reason I suggest it is that they have virtually stopped work on the task management side of TD about 2 years ago in favor of making TD a Swiss Army Knife of apps with Lists, Outlines and Habits. The strategy, I believe, is that having a long list of features brings more new users than adding to the depth of task management features. It must be working, as they have been doing it for quite a while now, which doesn't bode well for those of us who want more task management features.
Salgud

Posted Jan 27, 2015 in: task sequencing
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 27, 2015
If you're using sub-tasks (paid account), you can set the option in Settings to manually order sub-tasks. This is about all that is currently available, though dependencies have been long requested.
Salgud

Posted Jan 20, 2015 in: Multiple contexts
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 20, 2015
Posted by natgross:
I tried that. But TD does not help me recall used tags, and I have to type the complete tag name again, which is error prone. If tags had the same drop list as contexts, then it might have been a solution.
nat

To keep TD from dropping unused tags, create a dummy task that is concealed in most of your views (give it a - priorty, a "planning" status, etc.) and assign the tags you wish to keep. Be aware that the Tag field has a limited number of characters, so you may need more than one dummy task.
Salgud

Posted Jan 20, 2015 in: the order of forum chit chats
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 20, 2015
Go ahead, coolexplorer, you have my blessings! :-)

And while we're waiting for coolexplorer to get it done, I suggest you click on the red dot to the left of the chat's title. This will send you to the first unread message. (I just learned this myself this morning)
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 16, 2015
Jake,

I'd like to make a suggestion. Could one or two developers be put back on the task management side to start working on some of these long requested features? I know the new features are now the primary focus of your efforts based on the last couple of years releases and your annual review, but why not put some effort into fixing these old issues, like Tags, to placate us old timers? All we've gotten in the last 2 years is "De-Star on Completion" and "Save Sort Order with View", neither of which required much real effort. This barely qualifies as throwing us a bone. How about one with meat on it this year? :-)

Thanks for listening.
Salgud

Posted Jan 16, 2015 in: Permanet Tags
  • Salgud
The easiest way to create permanent tags is to create a Dummy task and assign the tags you want to be permanent to it, making sure it has properties that will filter out of your regular views. Things like negative priority, planning status, etc. will do the job. You may have to create more than one if you have enough permanent tags as there is a limit on the number of characters on the Tag fields.

This message was edited Jan 16, 2015.
Salgud

Posted Jan 16, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • Salgud
Posted by AA:
Please implement Markdown throughout Toodledo's site and apps. It's been driving me insane for years now, having to type out the full HTML tags for bold, italics, etc., whenever I need to highlight/format something in my notes.

(That also applies to this forum. Also, from the Forum Watchlist, there is no way to access the most recent post in a thread – you first need to go to the first page of the thread, then manually flip to the last page of the thread, and finally, manually look for the most recent unread post... Just awful usability.)

Thank you for these and other future improvements.

Maybe it's your browser. I don't have to go to the first page, then advance to the last in the forums. I just click on the last page listed, then scroll down to the unready entries.
Salgud

Posted Jan 16, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
Score: 2
  • Salgud
  • Score: 2
I disagree about habits being tasks. I don't enter my habits into my task manager. Why would I? I already to them automatically. So brushing my teeth, combing my hair, and cleaning the kitchen are not on my tasks list, and until I start forgetting to do them, won't be.
Salgud

Posted Jan 14, 2015 in: Start date and hotlist problem
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 14, 2015
Posted by Jake:
If your task starts in the future, the hotlist thinks that it isn't important yet because it hasn't started.

This is one of the things I like best about TD, it's flexibility. I understand the logic of how the default Hotlist works, but I prefer to have the Star override the dates, so I can create my own variation of the Hotlist to meet my needs.
Salgud

Posted Jan 14, 2015 in: Start date and hotlist problem
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 14, 2015
This is one of the reasons I have my own Hotlist as a Saved Search. In my system, Star trumps everything, and shows up on my Hotlist regardless of dates, priorities, etc.
Salgud

Posted Jan 08, 2015 in: Hide completed tasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2015
Did you check your filter settings?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next