Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Posted Jan 18, 2011 in: Show all but one folder
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 18, 2011
  • Score: 0
You can't hide a folder but there are other options, e.g:

1. Give all these tasks a negative priority and then use the filter to hide/shown them as needed.

2. Give all these tasks a specific tag and then use the filter to hide/shown them, or use the Tag view to see them on their own tab, or use a saved search to see them when you want.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
I didn't give this a second thought at the time but having just added and edited a bunch of tasks, I realise now that I use ctrl-arrow all the time. Guess it becomes sub-conscious.

Anyway, so I agree this is a bad combination to have chosen.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Yes, and I'd like it if the tab key moved you through the reminder fields. At present the popup disappears as soon as you tab off the time field. So for keyboarders, you have to use the mouse to get to these fields (if enabled).
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 17, 2011
Just tried it and it worked for me.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 17, 2011 in: Getting Started With Toodledo
  • PeterW 
I've never used 2do on the iPhone but have tried Toodledo and Appigo Todo (the latter is what I use daily).

But from memory there is an option to set Toodledo's start page to whatever you like, e.g. Folders, Contexts, etc which then gives you quick access to tasks on startup.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 17, 2011 in: Customize Navigation Bar on Left
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Score: 1
You can kind-of do this by constructing your own saved searches on the search tab - it's where I spend most of my time in Toodledo.

I have defined the following views to suit my workflow:
- Inbox
- Hotlist
- Next 7 Days
- Waiting for
- Someday
- Completed today

By the way, you can dress up Toodledo's appearance using free user-themes. A few of these change the design from tabs at the top to tabs/menu on the left-hand side which is handy if you have quite a few folders/contexts/saved searches.
PeterW 

Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Score: 1
There would be lots of different ways to do this, which is one of the nice things about Toodledo.

I use the Context and Tag fields.

My Contexts are: Work, Home, Phone, Online, Errands
My Tags are: Business, Personal

I use Context to denote a location or resource required to do the task. I use Tag to denote an area of responsibility.

My tags provide the ability to view only business or only personal tasks. Context allows me to see both but restrict the list to what I am actually able to do at the time.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
I guess your other post didn't mention Toodledo so it looked a bit like other spam posts.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 16, 2011 in: Help!! - Undo Multi-edit
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 16, 2011
I don't use the Toodledo iPhone app but a quick search of the online help turned up the following:

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=76

It mentions that you can force a full sync from the iPhone to the website:
iPhone to Toodledo.com - This will force the iPhone to upload all of it's information to the website. Be careful, because this will potentially override any changes that you have made on the website.

Backup the website data before you start!
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 15, 2011
I requested this in May last year and wanted to follow up (but I can't use the original thread to post now because it's locked).

Reference: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/6203/-32825/notes-field-icon-in-multi-line-format.html

I use Multi-line view which as you know displays only three fields: the star, the task name and the primary sort field (which I have set to Due Date).

I feel it would be a good idea to include the Notes field icon in this format so that the user can see if notes exist without having to first expand the task to show all fields.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 15, 2011 in: Can the date picker be OPTIONAL?
  • PeterW 
There is no preference to turn off the date picker. I've always just tabbed through the fields and the calendar popup closes as soon as I tab off it. This works both when adding a new task and editing an existing task.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 15, 2011 in: Someday/Maybe tasks and folders
  • PeterW 
My Toodledo setup has folders such as Next, Projects, Waiting for and Someday. My projects are represented by parent tasks in the Projects folder and each has subtasks to represent the project actions.

For this scenario - what I'd call an "inactive project" - I think I'd probably just create a standalone task in my Someday folder and put the actions as bullet points in the Notes field. This keeps all of the thoughts somewhere without creating too much clutter to be reviewed.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 14, 2011
You could try sorting one of your views by importance which may help.
http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=53
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 14, 2011
Yes, it does work. You need to go into your settings (here: http://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=19) to enable subtasks.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 13, 2011 in: Immediate delete on completing task
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 13, 2011
On the iPhone, you need to access the filters screen (tap on the spot above your list where it says "Hidden Tasks...") and select "Hide completed tasks".

On the website, you need to open the Filters toolbar at the top and click the "Hide Recently Completed" link on the left-hand-side.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 13, 2011
That message shouldn't be off the screen if you're not using any userstyle at present. It doesn't happen on my search tabs.

Anyway, if you do implement a userstyle you can reposition this message to the left. Here is a sample snippet:

.moresubs {
float: left !important;
}

This will align the text left underneath the subtask's checkbox. You could also add something like "margin-left: 80px !important;" if you want to indent it a bit.

Alternatively you could leave it on the right and just use margin-right to pull it back in a bit.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 12, 2011 in: Immediate delete on completing task
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 12, 2011
PeterW 

Posted Jan 12, 2011 in: Weird number appearing in TD
  • PeterW 
Just to be clear, it's a different number for each task so maybe some kind of ID field that's been exposed.
PeterW 

Posted Jan 12, 2011 in: Weird number appearing in TD
  • PeterW 
I am seeing this also. Appears to be only on parent tasks and subtasks. It's not on standalone tasks.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jan 11, 2011
Yes, you can create subtaks in Appigo Todo. If you sync Appigo with Toodledo, you would need a subscription if you wish to view them indented. Otherwise they appear 'flattened' just like other tasks.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next