ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by pawelkaleta"
pawelkaleta

Posted Nov 25, 2015 in: Quick Search Box
Score: 0
pawelkaleta

Posted Nov 24, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 5)
All visual changes looks great, nice job. Now it's time to make some more functional-changes too ;) Those already applied are great, like Ribbon, Sidebar or Batch Edit* - this is what many users are waiting for and good to know that you have some further plans.

* Small thing requiring verification in Batch Edit - when you start the function it presents number of visible tasks that will be affected, which is helpful, however if you now change some filters using Eye-icon (still with Batch Edit activated), the number of visible tasks that will be affected remains unchanged in Batch Edit tool which might be confusing sometimes.
pawelkaleta

Posted Nov 15, 2015 in: Title is styled by...
Score: 1
The font format and color of given task on each tasks list will be presented in difeerent way depending on the option you have chosen.
pawelkaleta

Posted Nov 15, 2015 in: Tasks-modifying after viewing on list
You may want to change the width of the column which presents the task title. You can do it by clicking the <--> button on the right, then adjust the column width and click this button again to save the setting.
pawelkaleta

Posted Nov 14, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
Score: 2
Totally agree. I do not even see the reason Habits have been created as separate section. If it is because those eye-candy views only then it is even more hard to understand.

Habits can be easly implemented in Task section, just by creating dedicated Context or Folder (depending on individial preferences) named "Habits" and by putting those repeating stuff as tasks in it. And that's it. Am I missing something?
pawelkaleta

Isn't it yellow just because it's showing this way that you have currently given item selected? To remove yellow from the item just select another item.
pawelkaleta

Posted Nov 11, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 4)
Posted by Olivir2015:
The purpose of Quick add field is, IMO, to allow you just quickly inut the tasks you have in mind and forget it, také care of the parameters sometime later when you have time to do it.

True, but actually you can do exactly the same with Add Task, just type only the title and save without setting other parameters.

This message was edited Nov 11, 2015.
pawelkaleta

Posted Nov 05, 2015 in: Surveys before implementing changes
Maybe the good idea would be to add quasi surveys dedicated to beta page only? Talking about quasi I mean it could be simple new thread on the forum "Hey, beta tester, you can see now there is the new feature X, please test it for a while and vote if you like it or not using voting buttons available in this first post".

I am beta tester, I send sometimes suggestions using 'quick message' on the bottom left, but actually do not know if somebody even read it or what is general feeling of other betatesters about given new feature. Having thread for each new feature (it could be placed in dedicated section on the forum) and votes statistics it could be useful info both for you and beta testers and it does not require any additional work except creating new thread.

This message was edited Nov 05, 2015.
pawelkaleta

Posted Oct 30, 2015 in: New Task button leverage
What do you think about the idea to add to the New Task button a dropdown-list functionality (similarly to new TD sections selector like Tasks, Notes, etc.) with option to Add Folder, Add Context, and so on, and even Add Note or Add Outline?

Basically I'm not a big fan of dropdown lists but in this case in my opinion it would be very convenient to have those 'Add...' actions at hand.
pawelkaleta

Posted Oct 23, 2015 in: Filter
Look for an eye-looking icon at top right, then set the option to not show Recently Completed Tasks.
pawelkaleta

Posted Oct 21, 2015 in: Date sorting and sub-tasks
Have you checked the Settings for Subtasks sorting behaviour? There is an option to make them sort in the same order as the main list, do you have it selected?
pawelkaleta

Posted Oct 10, 2015 in: how can I create task like this,
Yes, you need at least Silver subscription to have Subtasks functionality. Personally, I initially thought subtasks are great feature but recently I completely stopped using them as they were not as convenient to use as I assumed at the beginning.
pawelkaleta

Thanks for sharing! I just want to understand it correctly - talking about views, do you mean saved searches? And those spaces you've mentioned are before the names of those saved searches? Are those subviews saved searches as well?

And my second question is - how do you verify/know if there is nothing that is not covered by those views? You know, to avoid missing something because it is not covered by any views. I'm asking not to challange your system, I just wonder how you handle this, I try to convince myself to using saved searches more often as I can see many people use them as a base for their systems, but I am always not comfortable with the fact that they might not show me 100% of my tasks and that is why I preffer using standard views available on the Ribbon/Breadcrumb Bar. It is possible that I'm missing something here so your comment on this could be very helpful.
pawelkaleta

Posted Sep 30, 2015 in: How to record it when I fail in a task
Posted by coolexplorer:
One master list / dashboard (a God mode?) would make TD supreme in elegance and utility.

God mode - I like that!:-) But seriously, that would be very convenient to have such master view.
pawelkaleta

Posted Sep 30, 2015 in: How to record it when I fail in a task
Maybe you should consider Habits section for tracking such kind of things? I mean, you can set daily habit and mark it on given day as done or not depending on if you failed or not. The dashboard in Habits section will gove you then a nice overview of your progress.
pawelkaleta

Posted Sep 23, 2015 in: Breadcrumb Bar Update (part 2)
Score: 3
They said that it is not the final design so who knows what features are going to be intruduced. I would wait for final design and only then judge if it is more convenient or not.

Take a look what happened with the whole new Breadcrumb Bar feature. For many people it completely replaced the usage of left menu, even if they have been using it often. Who knows, maybe the same will happen for above icons.

I think we should demonstrate more patience and trust to TD team.
pawelkaleta

Posted Sep 22, 2015 in: Breadcrumb Bar Update (part 2)
Posted by tannen:
One problem though - what ARE the keyboard commands? I don't see them when I press "?" for keyboard command help...

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#18
pawelkaleta

Posted Sep 22, 2015 in: Breadcrumb Bar Update (part 2)
I like this change.
pawelkaleta

Try to click on this text "None" while you are in the Status view, it should expand the list of all possible statuses where you can filter to "Next action" only.
pawelkaleta

Posted Sep 19, 2015 in: Tag Folder
Can't you just go into given folder and create tasks while you are inside without necessity to use additional parameter like Tag etc.?

This message was edited Sep 19, 2015.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19      Next