ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Posted Jan 08, 2015 in: Bookmarklet won't work with Gmail??
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2015
  • Score: 0
Posted by martingchapman:
Google have blocked the Toodledo Bookmarklet and stopped it working in Gmail.
I have raised this as an issue and Toodledo have replied that they can not find a way around it.
They stated they are working on a plugin for Gmail but no commitment as to when it will be available.

For any Gmail users who (like myself) cannot be without the ability to easily convert gmails to tasks I suggest you take a look at GQueues which has very good Gmail and Gdrive integration.

Or copy and paste the URL into TD until they figure this out, which is a lot less effort than switching task management apps.
Salgud

Posted Jan 07, 2015 in: Bookmarklet won't work with Gmail??
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 07, 2015
Oddly, the bookmarklet still works with my state email account, where I use it, but not with my personal gmail account for some reason. Based on the posts here, this must have happened recently.
Salgud

Posted Jan 06, 2015 in: How do you Toodledo?
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2015
  • Score: 1
One of the many things I use TD to track are the various meetings I organize, prepare for, set up the room for, take minutes for, and follow up on. Since these are monthly meetings, I use templates for each. One of them has over 30 tasks.

At the beginning of the month (the meetings are all late in the month), I create a new instance of that meeting, and name it something like "PAG Dec 18". I'll explain why I put the date in the name later. I set the Due Date for the meeting date and start time. (In parallel with my TD efforts, I also have set up repeating appointments in GCal, and invite the participants from there early in this process.)

The first items on the list are about getting the necessary resources together, such as conference calling and online meeting info to send out the participants prior to the meeting. The list also includes things like reserving a fleet car for myself, reserving a projector, laptop and conference phone, etc., where required.

I also send a reminder to the chairperson(s) a few days before I send out the general reminder, reminding them to prepare the agenda and send it to me to forward to the participants with the participants reminder.

I have a view in my Saved Searches which shows all the meetings I have current tasks for, filtered on a tag "Mtg", and sorted by Due Date. So the next meeting up is at the top of the list. After the meeting is over, I delete the Due Date, since I don't want it to show Overdue. This is why I have the date in the Name field, so that past meetings, for which I still have a list of tasks that must be done, are easily identifiable in the list. Since that view is sorted by Due Date, the meetings without Due Dates anymore show at the bottom, just where I want them. The last task for each meeting reminds me to create a new instance of that meeting for the next month.

The list of meetings is one of my WR (Weekly Review) views in Saved Searches, and the status of each meeting gets reviewed every Monday in my Weekly Review. This works well for me to keep me abreast of where I am with each meeting.

I'd be interested in how others track meetings in TD. I get that GTDrs don't track meetings other than in their calendars, but for the rest of us, it can be extremely useful this way.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2015
Since TD can't add, subtract, multiply or divide, I'd use something that can, like Excel.
Salgud

Posted Jan 05, 2015 in: January 5 downtime explanation
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 05, 2015
Thanks for letting us know, Jake.
Salgud

Posted Jan 05, 2015 in: Slowness at Toodledo Server
  • Salgud
I was unable to access TD this morning for a while. Working fine now. Thanks for getting it fixed promptly and for generally keeping it up and running 99+% of the time, Jake.
Salgud

• Salgud
There are probably several ways to do this. I use various date-based Saved Searches. One is my personal Hotlist (not the one that comes with TD. This one I created to meet my individual needs.) It uses a filter with this criteria, among others:

Due Date|is before|tomorrow

This will allow any task with a Due Date prior to tomorrow to appear on the list, but not until the date due.

I also have a similar Start Date filter that allows me to set a Start Date on tasks taking longer than a day, and causes those tasks to appear on my Hotlist on the Start Date instead of the Due Date.
Salgud

Posted Jan 05, 2015 in: Can no longer review our posts?
  • Salgud
We used to be able to go to our profile and view all our posts. This morning, I went to do that, and found that clicking on View Posts sent me over to Search! Is that as intended?
Salgud

Posted Jan 05, 2015 in: better UI and integration
  • Salgud
Posted by bhvijaykumar_13124...:
Guys ,

the current UI is much better then before but still its very rough looking and very difficult to use . The UI is very complex to use, there are many great features but because of the difficulty to use no one will even know about them.

"Difficulty" is relative. There is nothing in TD that I find difficult. Some features are more obscure than others, and it sounds like what you are recommending it making them more so, with which I strongly disagree.

Lot of users like me wants a clean UI to work with , less visible features and more clean UI inspires users to use .

Actually, studies done by MS, and others, indicate just the opposite. The less obvious a feature, the less likely it is to be known and used by the vast majority of users.

tooledo is one of the best task manager i have used but never stayed back for long because of this reason. I tried to use custom styles but never very happy with the clumsy way of working with it.

Not sure what you mean by "Custom Styles". I don't believe TD has such a feature. Can you take a look at TD and post again with what you are referring to in TD terminology?

Another improvement is the integration, the main help which users needs is to add tasks (most of the time remaind about a email). Currently its very difficult to add emails as tasks unless we forward them or add a task , but if we are getting lot of emails unless there is a link back to the email. there is no way to manage it . If you look at the todoist, or doit.im they have a plugin which can add tasks and back reference to the emails very clean solution without breaking lot of bucks.

Connecting a task to an email with a link back is as simple as selecting the email and clicking on the Bookmarklet button. Done. How much simpler can it be? I add an additional step by tagging my emails in Gmail with a "TD" label so I can readily see which ones are TD tasks, but that's strictly my decision, and still pretty quick and easy.

Edit: I forgot when posting this that the bookmarklet isn't currently working with most Gmail. Needs to be fixed.

This message was edited Jan 05, 2015.
Salgud

Posted Jan 05, 2015 in: iOS App features - Braindamage
  • Salgud
You might find, if you do a bit of research, that everyone else is not just like you, and they might have different preferences as to what they want in a mobile app. More importantly,Outlines were developed before lists, and therefore, got incorporated in the mobile apps before Lists even existed. They will add Lists and Habits as they get around to it.
Salgud

Posted Jan 02, 2015 in: Bookmarklet no longer works with Gmail
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 02, 2015
Odd. I just tried the bookmarklet with my state government account (where I use it), and it works fine, but it doesn't work with my personal gmail account.
Salgud

Posted Jan 01, 2015 in: Windows Phone App?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Jan 01, 2015
The mobile website is available from:
http://www.toodledo.com/tools/mobile.php
Salgud

Posted Dec 30, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 30, 2014
Just wanted to say that the redesign of these fora is excellent! Keep up the good work on the redesign.
Salgud

Posted Dec 29, 2014 in: New Section: Habits
Score: -2
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 29, 2014
  • Score: -2
This post has been hidden because of negative votes. Click to reveal
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 29, 2014
Posted by silkedandy:
This is a good request. I second it as a must. I add tasks quickly and then later process (add as subtasks, assign due dates, etc.) them. It would be nice if I could quickly pull up a list of non-subtasks by tag or context or something else. Whatever parameters you use is fine with me at this point, since I can then customize my system around that.

I gather you haven't heard about Saved Searches, one of the most powerful features of TD. As you pointed out, you could create a list of parent tasks quite easily:
Completed|No
Has Subtasks|Yes

You could also use a tag or a context for all parent tasks and create a Saved Search for those, though why you would do it this way when it's easier just to do the Saved Search above and you don't have to remember to tag tasks or assign contexts to implement it.

None of these approaches directly solves your problem of how to make a new task a subtask of an existing parent task when the parent task is not on-screen.

First, remember that you can drag the new task by clicking on it's handle (double vertical arrow) and you can drag it above or below the displayed tasks to scroll the task list to expose an off-screen task that is in the currently displayed list. But what if it's not?

This can be a problem. The first thing I do is try to think of some attribute they have in common, such as Folder, Context, Tag, etc., then filter on that basis to get them on a common screen.

The other solution I use is some generic Saved Searches I have such as "Active", which displays all tasks with a Status of Active or Next Action. Since my new task is most likely one or the other, it will appear with all the others, including the parent task I'm looking for, at least most of the time.

I suggest you investigate Saved Searches as you progress using TD. For many power users, the Saved Searches view is where we live. I rarely venture out into the other sets of views because I work almost entirely from Saved Searches. I've even duplicated those views I most frequently venture out of Saved Searches to use so I don't have to go to another set of views at all. Very handy.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 16, 2014
When you create the new tag and assign it to a task, it is automatically created. It make take a few minutes for it to appear on your tag list while the server updates.
Salgud

Posted Dec 15, 2014 in: Contexts
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 15, 2014
Posted by marwi:
Hi Jake, yes, this is a good idea!

I also had the idea to use "Tags" instead of "Contexts", because you can assign multiple Tags to one task. So I could add @office and @out to the dentist task.

As I'm not using Tags so far, do you see any downside by using Tags vs. Contexts?

I see quite a difference between taqs and contexts in that tags are severely limited in this implementation in two ways. First, if I want to add a tag to many tasks, I can multi-edit and add them AS LONG AS THERE ARE NO OTHER TAGS ON THOSE TASKS that I wish to retain. IOW, if I have a task with an @Office tag, and with to add an @Dog tag, if I do it with multi-edit, it will erase the @Office tag and replace it with @Dog. The only way I can add a tag to a task that already has a tag is one task at a time.

The other major limitation is that if you sort by tags, tasks with multiple tags will appear as a unique, separate group, and not under the individual tags listed. E.g., my task with tags @Office and @Dog will appear in the sort under "@Office,@Dog" and not under either @Office or @Dog.

These serious limitations make this weak implementation of tags about 20% as useful as would be if you could multi-edit ADDING tags to existing ones and be able to have sorting recognize them individually.

By the way, this is a long requested fix, and has been on "the list" since before I started using TD 4.5 years ago.
Salgud

Posted Dec 15, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Score: 4
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 15, 2014
  • Score: 4
I'm up for renaming - something like VeryImportantandSeriousTaskListforImportantStuffyHumorlessPeople.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 11, 2014
Have you checked your filters to make sure they're the same?
Salgud

Posted Dec 10, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 10, 2014
If tags are unusable, how come so many of us have been using them for year? I agree, it's not a great implementation of tags and could use a lot of improvement, but unusable is demonstrably not true.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next