ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Purveyor"
Purveyor

Posted Feb 27, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
Score: 2
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 27, 2013
  • Score: 2
The more I use the new version, the more I see some strange design elements.

The "View Task by" fields are small, they have poor contrast, and they are not intuitive: Tap on the row to see the 5 recent selections in order of most recent, and tap on the arrow to see all. Not obvious what does what, but, fine, you learn, right? Except the lists of Priority, Due Date and Recent don't work that way -- you get the same list whether you tap the row or the arrow. So you'd think that maybe the rule is: For fields that have custom entries (like Context, Folders, Tags, Location and Goals), there's a difference between tapping on the row and tapping on the arrow. But, look at Status, which doesn't allow custom entries: All you see is "Next Action, Active, and Planning" if you tap on the row, and the list doesn't change based on what you chose previously. Confusing.

Of course, all of this could be less confusing if the app offered Saved Searches that synced with the website. Then there'd be no need to drill down to get what you want. Just a list of frequently-used Saved Searches at the top, with everything else relegated below.

Also, how about displaying the color for each item in the list of Priorities? Yes, it would be more work to program , given that you don't use color in the other lists (maybe you should?) but it would be a nice use of color that complements the Priority triangle.

And, speaking of the Priority triangle, how about allowing users to click on it to change the priority, similar to how a task can be Starred? Well, actually, it is poorly placed for any interactivity. In any case, it would require "tap-and-hold", which doesn't exist anywhere in the app even though it is used in several other task management and calendar apps.

There are buttons with dark blue on light blue on a slightly lighter blue background. A bit jarring in comparison to the rest of the app. I know that the first revised version did not have blue and I think that it was a mistake to add it to the current version, given that it is not integrated into the overall design.

The overall functionality of the app is good and the website/app syncing is great, but there are several website features that are missing in the app. Conversely, it is strange that Jake refers to website guidelines (W3C and WCAG 2.0) when designing an iOS app.

One more thing: It would be a good idea to have a Home button at the bottom of screen so that you can quickly get back to the main screen.

This message was edited Feb 27, 2013.
Purveyor

Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 27, 2013
  • Score: 0
Near the bottom of this page, https://www.toodledo.com/info/iphone.php, there's an image of the iPad app.

How was the date/time stamp inserted into the note?
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 26, 2013
Just wondering: Do you have some examples of iPhone apps that are available in two versions -- the new and the "classic"?
Purveyor

Posted Feb 26, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 26, 2013
gav, a new version was introduced on November 29:
Version 3.0

It was withdrawn on December 11:
Toodledo downgraded.
Purveyor

Posted Feb 25, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 25, 2013
For those users who are having problems with crashes, you can take a look at this Help topic:
https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=80

But, given that the problems are related to the new version, you should probably create a Support Ticket:
https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php

Strange, though, that the support ticket process does not ask about your device (iPhone/iPad, which generation, how much memory) and the iOS version that you are using, or about other details like how many tasks you have. But, for some reason, it is interested in the type of desktop browser you are using (even when reporting an iOS issue) and it doesn't tell you how to get the crash report from your device to your computer. I assume it involves syncing your device with your computer through iTunes.

This message was edited Feb 25, 2013.
Purveyor

Posted Feb 25, 2013 in: View by Context????
  • Purveyor
The Context field has been disabled. The same thing happened to me.

You can enable it by following the instructions in this Help topic:
Certain fields are missing on the iOS app.
Purveyor

Posted Feb 25, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Score: 1
Overall, I think that the new interface is better than the old version in terms of usability. Not thrilled that there are no settings for changing the font size or any other aspect of the user interface other than "Dual List Counts" and "Multi-line Titles". Still curious about who provided the feedback during the testing process.

Posted by Jake:
We made the text darker and the background lighter as necessary to boost contrast. We used the industry standard W3C and WCAG 2.0 contrast ratio guidelines to ensure that every piece of important text has a high enough contrast ratio to get AA compliance.
Okay. :-|
But it seems that you didn't conform with the WAYTA and WWAC 3.0 guidelines.
To address the "gloomy" feel of the app, we added back the blue toolbars at the top of the page, to match the colors of this website.
The blue across the top creates a contrived contrast. It just stands out as color for the sake of color, rather than being integrated with the overall look of the rest of the app.

Throughout the app, the "ON/OFF" switch is light grey when "ON". This is not consistent with the ON/OFF switches in other iOS apps or in the iPhone/iPad Settings, which use blue for "ON". Seems to me that you decided that there was too much blue so you went with light grey even though the iOS default offers better visibility.

Also, the indicator for the Sort Order field is light grey. Not easy to notice. It should be darker.

Anyway, style has never been Toodledo's strength and I doubt that it ever will be. The synchronization is rock solid and there are many nice features on the website so I'll give the new iOS app a try. I hope that version 3.1 will have separate Sort Orders for each View, along with Saved Searches. And maybe more than three icons at the bottom, with the choice to remove Notes ...

This message was edited Feb 25, 2013.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 22, 2013
There's a Help topic that answers your first question:
How can I get notified when a collaborator does something?
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 22, 2013
You can do this if you email a task to your account (see Toodledo via email), but you can't do it when you are entering a task on the website.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 21, 2013
Purveyor

Posted Feb 16, 2013 in: Mac desktop client
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 16, 2013
Toodledo does not have a desktop version.

You can try the mobile website which has offline capability.
See New Mobile Website with Offline and Android Support.

Or you can try TaskUnifier.
Purveyor

Posted Feb 14, 2013 in: Search on Mobile Apps
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 14, 2013
I see that I gave you a link to info on "Quick Search" but you were wondering about the Search function, especially Saved Searches.

I think that the most important feature that is missing in the iOS app is Saved Searches.
Purveyor

Posted Feb 14, 2013 in: Toodledo for iOS downgraded
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 14, 2013
  • Score: 1
Posted by corlebar:
The only really useful extra to add that can be found in apigos todo app is a batch change option - to batch change dates, folders etc.
Do you mean:
1. "the only really useful extra" in Appigo's Todo
or
2. "the only really useful extra" that you think is missing in Toodledo?

If you mean #1, I'm wondering why you're singling out that particular app.

If you mean #2, then I suggest that "really useful" features are those that are already available on the website but not in the iOS app, e.g. Saved Searches and separate Sort Orders for each View, along with Collaboration and Nested Subtasks.
Purveyor

Posted Feb 13, 2013 in: Search on Mobile Apps
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 13, 2013
There's a Help topic for that: How do I search for a task or note on iOS?.
Purveyor

Posted Feb 09, 2013 in: task without a folder made private
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 09, 2013
Or, you can go to the Collaboration page, under the Tools menu ...
Purveyor

Posted Feb 08, 2013 in: Competitors
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 08, 2013
Yes.

See: How to use access Toodledo via email.

(I just noticed that the title of the Toodledo topic is poorly worded.)

This message was edited Feb 08, 2013.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 07, 2013
Posted by djones_1348386278:
Did I miss a way to search for these?
Yes.

See Explanation of Search and Multi-Edit.

You can create a Search that shows all completed tasks by specifying Checked off = Yes.

(Actually, I just realized that this function should be changed to "Completed = Yes".)

Anyway, it will do what you want.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 04, 2013
Are you using the "official" Toodledo app or are you using something else?

It seems that you are using one of the 3rd party apps. If that's the case, you would need to contact the developer of the app.

As far as I know, there's no bug in the Toodledo app that causes the Start Time to be deleted.
Purveyor

Posted Jan 31, 2013 in: Toodledo for iOS downgraded
Score: -1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jan 31, 2013
  • Score: -1
Posted by mco:
As Steve Job famously observed, users don't know what they want. Focus groups don't focus. I would rather have one talented person steering than a self-appointed committee.
Perhaps Steve Jobs was a one-in-a-billion genius who knew more than anyone else what people wanted, but Jake is not Steve Jobs. (And Toodledo is definitely not Apple.)
Also, I said nothing about focus groups or self-appointed committees.

If you actually believe that "users don't know what they want", then you create a contradiction whenever you, as a user, express your opinion. For example, here's something that you said about a particular feature of Version 3.0:
It's not great and it's not good design.
From iOS app update: Version 3.0

Who are you to decide what's great and what is good design? Why are you even expressing your opinion? Why don't you just leave things to "one talented person"? Because you think that your opinion means something, and I agree.

In any case, my previous post was not so much about Jake listening to what users want (although that's obviously part of the message) as it is about Jake being more open about what he is doing. Specifically, he should be giving us a clue about what is happening with the next release of the iOS app. If, though, he continues to insist on being secretive (because he doesn't want to be "under pressure"), then he increases the risk of another "disaster" (his word not mine) and then he'll really be under pressure.

This message was edited Jan 31, 2013.
Purveyor

Posted Jan 30, 2013 in: Toodledo for iOS downgraded
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jan 30, 2013
It seems to me that you don't fully understand what it was that "almost killed" you.

Who is doing the "extra testing"? Besides you and your team, how many users are involved in testing and providing feedback to you? It would be a good idea if you told us.

What is causing the delay? Two months ago you posted the release notes for the next version but you didn't release it and, since then, you've kept us in the dark about the next version. It would be a good idea if you told us what's happening.

Two weeks ago, you said:
We are currently in the final testing phase. We want to get it right this time, since last time was such a disaster.
Your unwillingness to be open about your plans is one of the reasons for the "disaster". Another reason is the lack of clarity in aligning your priorities with those of many of your users. It would be a good idea if you told us what your priorities are.

On November 17, 2011, you said this:
I am sorry, but we are not going to share our roadmap other than to say that things are on the list. Its not about competitors. The main reason why we keep our roadmap secret is to give us the freedom/flexibility to work on what we want/need to work on without external expectations.

If we started giving estimated delivery dates for features, two things would happen. 1) People would get upset when we didn't make the delivery date. This puts undo pressure on us and I don't want to work under time pressure. 2) People would get upset if they disagreed with what we were spending our time on. I would rather not work this way.
From: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/6415/-63522/project-handling-display-parent-name-in-sub-task.html

Is this still your viewpoint? It's clear that many people are upset and you are under pressure. All businesses are subject to external expectations and time pressure, and it seems naive to say that people won't disagree with you if you withhold information from them.

Perhaps it's time to be more open.

This message was edited Jan 30, 2013.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44      Next