• Score: 1
Purveyor

Posted Mar 07, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 07, 2013
  • Score: 0
Posted by SimonFincham:
The 'Timer' field still isn't available on my iPhone - should it be?
Yes.

One of our users has the answer. ;-)
Go into Settings, Fields & Defaults and you can make a choice to use or not use a field; further, the placement of those fields top to bottom dictates what is presented to you in the task list? Totally in your control; how great is that!
From: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/16121/-76919/read.html
Purveyor

Posted Mar 06, 2013 in: Add subfolders, please!
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 06, 2013
No, it hasn't.
Purveyor

Posted Mar 06, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 06, 2013
canscot,

From the link in the post that you quoted:
The crash logs are located on your computer in various places depending on your computer's operating system. You must first sync your device to your computer via iTunes. Then look in the following location.

Mac: Hold the option key and select "Library" from the "Go" menu. Then navigate to: Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/iPhoneName/Toodledo###.crash

XP: /Documents and Settings/yourName/Application Data/Apple computer/Logs/CrashReporter/iPhoneName/Toodledo###.crash

Vista: /Users/yourName/AppData/Roaming/Apple computer/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/iPhoneName/Toodledo###.crash

This message was edited Mar 06, 2013.
Purveyor

Posted Mar 04, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 04, 2013
Posted by paul_1351977321:
Isn't the solution to this called "version 3.0.1"? Go back to a stable version and hope the third time is the charm?
I think that's as likely as an asteroid hitting the Earth ... ;-)

What's slightly more likely (just slightly) is having two versions of the Toodledo app, "Classic" and "New Improved". There have been some pretty good arguments for offering two versions but I don't see that happening.

In any case, Toodledo is web-based first, mobile second. The website has many features that are not available in the iOS app: Saved Searches, Collaboration, file attachments (for Pro Plus subscribers), Scheduler, Statistics, and the ability to move a subtask from one task to another. A lot of room for improvement in the mobile app, besides changing the
"look and feel".

Conversely, there are some nice iOS apps that are primarily mobile, with some type of added web-based functionality. The developers of these apps are trying to create a web environment that is as powerful and stable as Toodledo. So far, they are not even close to succeeding, but they do offer several options for syncing besides their own websites: Toodledo, Google Tasks, iCloud Reminders, and Dropbox. And, the iOS apps have several features that are missing in the Toodledo app: ability to edit multiple tasks, add photos, link Contacts, skip recurring tasks, manually re-order tasks, move subtasks to another task, smart filters, tap-and-hold shortcuts, intelligent parsing of task entry, and more.

Lots of choices.

This message was edited Mar 04, 2013.
Purveyor

Posted Feb 28, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 28, 2013
Posted by Christoph Dollis:
Check first, of course, that you've only chosen completed tasks.
That covers the "completed" part. You still need some way of specifying "old", unless you want to delete all your completed tasks.

Specify "Date Completed is before" a specific date, or "was not in the last" number of days.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
You can try this:

1. Backup your data. See: https://www.toodledo.com/tools/connect_backup.php
Or, you can export your tasks as a CSV file.
See: https://www.toodledo.com/tools/connect_csv.php
2. Create a Search for old, completed tasks. See: https://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php
3. Use the Multi-Edit function to delete the tasks. (Same link as #2 above.)

Then sync your iPhone/iPad.

This message was edited Feb 28, 2013.
Purveyor

Score: 1
  • Purveyor
Posted by f_murray:
I have asked support for a copy of the previous version - no response.
Here's a link to the previous version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bp6uywto4cy1dvc/Toodledo%203.0.1.ipa

If you have a Mac, you can follow my instructions here:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/16243/-77325/read.html

If you have a Windows computer, Google "install older version iOS app". There are plenty of suggestions.
Purveyor

Posted Feb 27, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
Score: 2
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 27, 2013
  • Score: 2
The more I use the new version, the more I see some strange design elements.

The "View Task by" fields are small, they have poor contrast, and they are not intuitive: Tap on the row to see the 5 recent selections in order of most recent, and tap on the arrow to see all. Not obvious what does what, but, fine, you learn, right? Except the lists of Priority, Due Date and Recent don't work that way -- you get the same list whether you tap the row or the arrow. So you'd think that maybe the rule is: For fields that have custom entries (like Context, Folders, Tags, Location and Goals), there's a difference between tapping on the row and tapping on the arrow. But, look at Status, which doesn't allow custom entries: All you see is "Next Action, Active, and Planning" if you tap on the row, and the list doesn't change based on what you chose previously. Confusing.

Of course, all of this could be less confusing if the app offered Saved Searches that synced with the website. Then there'd be no need to drill down to get what you want. Just a list of frequently-used Saved Searches at the top, with everything else relegated below.

Also, how about displaying the color for each item in the list of Priorities? Yes, it would be more work to program , given that you don't use color in the other lists (maybe you should?) but it would be a nice use of color that complements the Priority triangle.

And, speaking of the Priority triangle, how about allowing users to click on it to change the priority, similar to how a task can be Starred? Well, actually, it is poorly placed for any interactivity. In any case, it would require "tap-and-hold", which doesn't exist anywhere in the app even though it is used in several other task management and calendar apps.

There are buttons with dark blue on light blue on a slightly lighter blue background. A bit jarring in comparison to the rest of the app. I know that the first revised version did not have blue and I think that it was a mistake to add it to the current version, given that it is not integrated into the overall design.

The overall functionality of the app is good and the website/app syncing is great, but there are several website features that are missing in the app. Conversely, it is strange that Jake refers to website guidelines (W3C and WCAG 2.0) when designing an iOS app.

One more thing: It would be a good idea to have a Home button at the bottom of screen so that you can quickly get back to the main screen.

This message was edited Feb 27, 2013.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 27, 2013
Near the bottom of this page, https://www.toodledo.com/info/iphone.php, there's an image of the iPad app.

How was the date/time stamp inserted into the note?
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 26, 2013
Just wondering: Do you have some examples of iPhone apps that are available in two versions -- the new and the "classic"?
Purveyor

Posted Feb 26, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 26, 2013
gav, a new version was introduced on November 29:
Version 3.0

It was withdrawn on December 11:
Toodledo downgraded.
Purveyor

Posted Feb 25, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 25, 2013
For those users who are having problems with crashes, you can take a look at this Help topic:
https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=80

But, given that the problems are related to the new version, you should probably create a Support Ticket:
https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php

Strange, though, that the support ticket process does not ask about your device (iPhone/iPad, which generation, how much memory) and the iOS version that you are using, or about other details like how many tasks you have. But, for some reason, it is interested in the type of desktop browser you are using (even when reporting an iOS issue) and it doesn't tell you how to get the crash report from your device to your computer. I assume it involves syncing your device with your computer through iTunes.

This message was edited Feb 25, 2013.
Purveyor

Posted Feb 25, 2013 in: View by Context????
  • Purveyor
The Context field has been disabled. The same thing happened to me.

You can enable it by following the instructions in this Help topic:
Certain fields are missing on the iOS app.
Purveyor

Posted Feb 25, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
Overall, I think that the new interface is better than the old version in terms of usability. Not thrilled that there are no settings for changing the font size or any other aspect of the user interface other than "Dual List Counts" and "Multi-line Titles". Still curious about who provided the feedback during the testing process.

Posted by Jake:
We made the text darker and the background lighter as necessary to boost contrast. We used the industry standard W3C and WCAG 2.0 contrast ratio guidelines to ensure that every piece of important text has a high enough contrast ratio to get AA compliance.
Okay. :-|
But it seems that you didn't conform with the WAYTA and WWAC 3.0 guidelines.
To address the "gloomy" feel of the app, we added back the blue toolbars at the top of the page, to match the colors of this website.
The blue across the top creates a contrived contrast. It just stands out as color for the sake of color, rather than being integrated with the overall look of the rest of the app.

Throughout the app, the "ON/OFF" switch is light grey when "ON". This is not consistent with the ON/OFF switches in other iOS apps or in the iPhone/iPad Settings, which use blue for "ON". Seems to me that you decided that there was too much blue so you went with light grey even though the iOS default offers better visibility.

Also, the indicator for the Sort Order field is light grey. Not easy to notice. It should be darker.

Anyway, style has never been Toodledo's strength and I doubt that it ever will be. The synchronization is rock solid and there are many nice features on the website so I'll give the new iOS app a try. I hope that version 3.1 will have separate Sort Orders for each View, along with Saved Searches. And maybe more than three icons at the bottom, with the choice to remove Notes ...

This message was edited Feb 25, 2013.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 22, 2013
There's a Help topic that answers your first question:
How can I get notified when a collaborator does something?
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 22, 2013
You can do this if you email a task to your account (see Toodledo via email), but you can't do it when you are entering a task on the website.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 21, 2013
Purveyor

Posted Feb 16, 2013 in: Mac desktop client
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 16, 2013
Toodledo does not have a desktop version.

You can try the mobile website which has offline capability.
See New Mobile Website with Offline and Android Support.

Or you can try TaskUnifier.
Purveyor

Posted Feb 14, 2013 in: Search on Mobile Apps
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Feb 14, 2013
I see that I gave you a link to info on "Quick Search" but you were wondering about the Search function, especially Saved Searches.

I think that the most important feature that is missing in the iOS app is Saved Searches.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45      Next