ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Salgud"
Salgud

Posted Dec 08, 2014 in: Not understanding how start dates work?
Score: 0
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 08, 2014
  • Score: 0
It really helps when we discuss the features of the interface if we use standard nomenclature to differentiate between them. The items at the top and bottom of the filter box are "Checkboxes", because they can have checks in them. Buttons are more like the "New Task" button.
Salgud

Posted Dec 08, 2014 in: Not understanding how start dates work?
  • Salgud
Frankly, I'm a bit confused about this conversation in general, and how filtering for Start Date would preclude the use of folders in particular. And all the "buttons" I'm aware of work fine.

I have my own custom Hotlist (the canned one doesn't give me enough control and flexibility) in Saved Searches, and the dates are filtered based on Start Date before Tomorrow or Start Date doesn't exist, along with Due Date before Tomorrow. I have Future tasks set to one month as well. It all works fine with folders and most of the other TD features (actually, all of the ones I've tried, which is most of them). So any tasks with either a Start Date or Due Date before tomorrow shows on my custom Hotlist today.
Salgud

Posted Dec 08, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Score: 1
  • Salgud
  • Score: 1
Kind of funny, an "old timer" who started with computers in '85, when just about everyone else did. Them folks are young whippersnappers! :) I wrote my first code in '66, punched it into the cards myself too, back when there were no programs except the ones you wrote yourself. Then we got DOS and KB shortcuts, a huge breakthrough, which was replaced by Windoze. The big breakthrough there was that we no longer had to memorize keyboard shortcuts for each app, which then changed when that app became obsolete, and we had to memorize all new keyboard shortcuts. If you're using a dozen apps or more on a regular basis, as I do, it's no fun memorizing a couple of hundred KB shortcuts. No time saved there! So please keep in mind, some of us prefer NOT to have to memorize how to do everything in TD, that's what a GUI is for. The 2 minutes a day I save with KB shortcuts doesn't begin to offset the pain of memorizing a new set every time something changes, and the complexity of remembering Cntrl-Alt-F5 to start the dishwasher! A few of us are still eternally grateful that we don't have to go through this anymore, and hope you'll remember to make everything doable without resorting to this archaic false hope of "saving time" with KB shortcuts.

This message was edited Dec 08, 2014.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 05, 2014
I used a free TD account for my grocery list for a while, and it worked reasonably well until I found an app that met my needs. It may not be what you're looking for because you have to enter all the items you shop for to work it, but that can be done over a period of time. The description is here:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/15385/-77997/a-td-grocery-list.html

Better yet, the app I've been using for quite a while is Grocery Gadget, which I like much better. I has a quirky interface, but is pretty easy to learn and it is definitely feature rich.
Salgud

Posted Dec 02, 2014 in: Progress Report - November 2014
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 02, 2014
I noticed that long-requested task management features, such as dependencies, more customizable hotlist, better/easier to use tags, sub-folders and numerous others haven't been looked at again. I'm beginning to think that I'm foolish to hope for such things.
Salgud

Posted Dec 02, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 02, 2014
Posted by settenano:

The Things interface, for example, is nice.
I would also adopt their Today view (it would be the Hot Task in Toodledo)

Thx

Jake would probably prefer to avoid Copyright/Patent lawsuits by Cultured Code.

Since a new interface is coming anyway, I'd prefer a far more customizable Hotlist to a prettier one.
Salgud

Posted Dec 01, 2014 in: No subtasks when using the scheduler?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Dec 01, 2014
Important note: Dependencies have been on "the List" for at least 4 years now.
Salgud

Posted Nov 26, 2014 in: Way to change saved search titles?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 26, 2014
In a word, no.
Salgud

Posted Nov 14, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Score: 2
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 14, 2014
  • Score: 2
Posted by rockhavenw:
I ONLY use the Notes. (No need for the ToDo's. I use my iPhone Calendars for those.)
Jamie Wyatt

Kind of like buying a car for the cigarette lighter...
Salgud

Posted Nov 13, 2014 in: Bulk changes on due or start dates
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 13, 2014
In any practical sense, no.

If you're desperate for work-around, and you don't already use Stars, you can star the tasks you want to postpone to a given specific date, filter for Starred, Multi-edit to the new date, then de-Star.
Salgud

Posted Nov 10, 2014 in: Can you "un-complete" a completed task?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 10, 2014
On all my devices, I can just click on the checkbox and second time to undo it.
Salgud

Posted Nov 10, 2014 in: Batch process tasks
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 10, 2014
If you go to the Search page, you'll see the "Multi-Edit" on the blue menu line. You can batch process your tasks, as long as you can select them with a search.
Salgud

Posted Nov 06, 2014 in: Progress Report - October 2014
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 06, 2014
Posted by no2mlo:

What about a contact field?
I currently tag tasks like "~Name1, ~Name2". But this begins to clutter tasks.

I don't use the Context field for it's intended purpose, but use it as my Contact field.
Salgud

Posted Nov 03, 2014 in: Alarms for tasks in iOS apps
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Nov 03, 2014
Posted by Nikikin:

One more question: I have set a repeated task to remind me each evening of my medication and I would like to receive an alarm every day without having to change the due- date each day.... Is there any way how to do this?

Thanks

Nikikin

Just mark the task done, and it will change to the next day.
Salgud

Posted Oct 30, 2014 in: Lists not visible in iphone app?
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 30, 2014
It's on "the list".
Salgud

• Salgud
I use Start Date and End Date. Since Start Date doesn't have a time, I use my memory to remember the time, or put it in the Note.
Salgud

Posted Oct 30, 2014 in: Lists not visible in iphone app?
  • Salgud
Posted by ver.gajdosova:
Hello Guys,
I have just started using Toodledo and I would like to access the LISTs that I have created on the web UI, however on the iphone I see just TASKS and NOTES... Could someone please advise me how to access these? thanks!Veronika

Lists have not been incorporated into the iOS apps as yet.
Salgud

Posted Oct 27, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 27, 2014
Your first request is already there. Look in the FAQs under Due Date Modifiers, Optionally on. Essentially, put a question mark in from of the Due Date.
Salgud

• Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 22, 2014
Posted by BDWatson:
Posted by Jake:
The 6 and 6+ screen sizes are already supported, but we will have further optimizations to make to them in coming updates.

Really? The font looks huge on my 6. It appears to be stretched, the way other apps have looked prior to optimization.

I think that's what Jake meant when he said, "but we will have further optimizations to make". To simplify, he meant they aren't done with the iPhone 6 version yet.
Salgud

Posted Oct 21, 2014 in: Want to use IFTT to label GMail
  • Salgud
  • Posted: Oct 21, 2014
Does anyone know if it's possible to label a Gmail message when I bookmarklet it? I'd like to be able to find all the Gmail messages I've bookmarkleted to TD. Doesn't have to be IFTT, if someone has another solution.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81      Next