Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Posted Dec 18, 2010 in: Task counts on Search tabs
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 18, 2010
  • Score: 0
@piyush_soni,

Actually there is one thing I've been meaning to ask. When I return to the Search view from another tab, the script seems to randomly select one of the search tabs to display. Is there any way it can be made to remember what tab was last displayed? I think Toodledo normally does this itself but for some reason the script seems to over-ride this.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Oops... never mind. Forgot to turn on the checkboxes on each tab! Duh!!!
PeterW 

• PeterW 
@piyush_soni,

I've been using Chrome for quite a while but am back using FireFox at the moment, which updated itself to 3.6.13. I installed GreaseMonkey and then installed your script but for some reason it is not working in FireFox.

There are no errors or anything, it just isn't doing anything despite GM showing as being active and the script installed.

Any idea what might be wrong?
PeterW 

Posted Dec 18, 2010 in: S60 (Symbian / Nokia)
  • PeterW 
Posted by piyush_soni:
Is everyone having iPhones and Androids these days? :(

It seems that is the case, aside from those who have to use a Blackberry for corporate reasons.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 18, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
  • PeterW 
Thanks! That fixed it.

Just also noticed that the filter popup menu has an issue - the context and tag links overlap.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 17, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 17, 2010
Hi @earnjam,

Just found another issue...

View by: Context (selected context = work)
Sort by: Due Date - forwards, then by Priority, then by Folder
Subtasks: Indented

At the top of the screen I can see a bunch of subtasks but not their parent, nor the divider. When I disable your theme, the divider (Due in the next 7 days) and the parent task appear. So something in your theme is causing them to be hidden (maybe they're just under the nav controls at the top).
PeterW 

Posted Dec 17, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo Focus
  • PeterW 
@AJS - you could easily tweak the Focus script to gray-out completed tasks (and use a line-through font also).
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Thanks earnjam! That fixed everything for me.

This is a very cool theme.
PeterW 

Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Score: 1
Nice work! I'm really impressed with the overall look and feel.

One problem I had was with the Search view. All of my saved searches open with all of the criteria displayed (i.e. in edit mode) so the tasks are off the bottom of the screen.

I also noticed that there is a blue line through the Multi-Edit link.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 15, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo Focus
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 15, 2010
If you install it into Chrome for Stylish from the userstyles website then it should convert whatever it needs to run correctly in Chrome.

If you cut & past the code manually, then you will need to manually remove the FireFox-specific header info, e.g.
@-moz-document domain('toodledo.com') {

and also delete the trailing } at the bottom of the script.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 14, 2010
Posted by nestlerode:
From a usability perspective, this is extremely counter-productive to the point of being unusable. No other GUI in existence would have folders expanded by default.

That's not quite correct.

The iPhone's native mail app behaves exactly like this. Mail folders are always open and cannot be collapsed. My iPhone syncs with my company's Microsoft Exchange server so the list of folders is immense. Apple hasn't addressed this despite thousands of requests from users. Windows CE had this feature years ago.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 13, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo Focus
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 13, 2010
Thanks twangus.

I've also noticed that all drop-down fields are truncated on the right hand side, so now arrow appears. This is only the case in multi-line mode and happens in both Chrome and Firefox. I looked through the code but couldn't work out what might be causing this.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 13, 2010 in: importance and status
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 13, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
Status is not yet part of the "importance" calculation, but it can now be used to put tasks on your hotlist.

I've seen this mentioned a few times but can't actually see that Status is included on the website options. All I can see is this:

Hotlist
-A priority of at least: X
-A due date within the next N days
-A star
PeterW 

Posted Dec 12, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo Focus
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 12, 2010
One other minor issue to report using multi-line mode...

The width of the task pane is not set. So when you click the arrow to display all fields, the task pane adjusts to a wider size. If you don't run the browser window maximised (I don't) then you get a horizontal scroll bar.

Toodledo automatically wraps the fields to a second line so the task pane doesn't need to auto resize.

This message was edited Dec 12, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 11, 2010 in: paste text in notes section of task?
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 11, 2010
Works for me - I'm always doing this.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 11, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo Focus
  • PeterW 
RE: Separators - thanks, that makes sense. I almost always sort by due date so the separators are quite functional in that scenario, e.g. Due Today, Due Tommorrow, Due Next 7 Days, etc.

Anyway, I've quickly edited your script to increase the height of the separators to 16px which seems to be the sweet spot.

I see also that you solved the problem that 'Toodledo Me Too' had when using the 'Add Subtasks' option (which resulted in the popup appearing at the bottom of the screen and partly obscured). Well done.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 11, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo Focus
  • PeterW 
Great work. I like the way the settings panel works.

There are a few issues for me:

1. I had the experimental scrolling feature turned on in my settings which caused the task panel to become larger (i.e. deeper) than required with a lot of blank space. Turning it off fixed the problem, although it would be very cool if this worked because then the settings panel would always be visible. The same issue applied in the 'Toodledo Me Too' theme.

2. The separators are not deep enough so the text doesn't fit in it and overlaps into the task area.

I'm using the latest Chrome on Win Vista.

EDIT: Re: #2...
Just looked at your screenshot and can see there is no text in the separator. And if I collapse the separators they become wider and the text fits in fine. So looks like a mismatch in the height when expanded.

This message was edited Dec 11, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 11, 2010 in: Subtask bugaboos
  • PeterW 
Sounds like you need to turn on the preference to allow manual sorting via drag & drop.

http://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=19

Works fine for me in FireFox and Chrome.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 08, 2010 in: TaskUnifier: Multiplatform
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 08, 2010
  • Score: 1
Yes, I tried that button and it doesn't do anything, at least for me. I am running TU on Win Vista.
PeterW 

Posted Dec 07, 2010 in: TaskUnifier: Multiplatform
Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Dec 07, 2010
  • Score: -1
OK, thanks for the info.

I reset the days to 2 and synced again but the old tasks remain. It seems once they have been downloaded, they are never removed.

I tried using the button to remove tasks and replace with Toodledo but it doesn't seem to do anything.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next