ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by piyush_soni"
piyush_soni

Score: 1
If you are using Firefox, use the GreaseMonkey script 'ToodleDo Multi-Edit Tasks', which already allows you to do that easily.
piyush_soni

Posted Jun 13, 2011 in: Problems using To-Do List on Firefox
Score: 0
@Kim,
Create a 'clean' FF profile using this link:
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Managing-profiles#w_creating-a-profile

That should work as long as your system doesn't have virus or other bigger trouble.
piyush_soni

Posted Jun 10, 2011 in: Problems using To-Do List on Firefox
Delete cache/cookies and reopen Firefox. That might fix it.
piyush_soni

Websites do that. They have to, just at the time you were thinking the day has gone great so far. :)

Use Firefox, dump IE and install "Lazarus Form Recovery" add-on to that, which is made of such half an hour losses due to session expiration or browser crashes. :)
piyush_soni

Posted Jun 06, 2011 in: account expiry?!?!? NOOOO!
Yes, I would classify this as a bug and not a feature :)
piyush_soni

Posted Jun 04, 2011 in: Translators Needed
Score: 1
Here it means "To be done". In some cases it means "To be determined". :)
piyush_soni

Posted May 27, 2011 in: VERY NAUGHTY TOODLEDO!
I have seen these kind of posts before. Probably people are lead to believe that because that is the case with the website and both are products from the same company.

May be you should highlight this information on the app store explicitly that "Collaboration is not supported on the iPhone app yet". Your call anyway.
piyush_soni

Posted May 25, 2011 in: How to add a sub task
Also, make sure you have Sub-tasks enabled from Account Settings.
piyush_soni

Posted May 18, 2011 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
Hi earnjam, your style is so intuitive that I almost feel I'm going to open 'that menu' when I move my mouse over on the tabs. But when it doesn't happen, I feel bad momentarily. :)

So I started to write a script for this, called it MacOSX Theme Helper. It's in initial stages, but I need styling help from you to complete it. How can I reach you? :) .. I don't want to mess up this public forum.
piyush_soni

Posted May 12, 2011 in: 3rd Party Apps for Toodledo
Nice to see a more organized way of listing 3rd party apps. Thanks!
piyush_soni

Posted May 11, 2011 in: Sync with Google Tasks
And for all those who have been waiting for this, Google has finally announced an API for their Tasks. :) Might be a good news or bad news for Toodledo, depending on how they see it :)

See here:
http://googleappsdeveloper.blogspot.com/2011/05/getting-organized-with-tasks-api.html

or here:
http://code.google.com/apis/tasks/
piyush_soni

Posted May 10, 2011 in: Import CSV to Excel
Also, just tried exporting my tasks as CSV from ToodleDo. Double clicked downloaded file, opens up perfectly fine in my Excel.

(Edit: Didn't see Toodledo's last reply before posting mine)

This message was edited May 10, 2011.
piyush_soni

Posted May 10, 2011 in: Import CSV to Excel
I really don't understand this. I never changed the default separator, and when I open any CSV file in my MS-Excel 2010, it opens up fine and I'm pretty sure it was the case in Excel 2007. Semi-colons are not considered as separators in my copy.

Are you just double clicking the CSV file to open that in Excel? That's what I'm doing - not importing anything.
piyush_soni

You don't have to login each time, if you click 'Remember Me' on the slim page. If you have selected that option, it should be logged in the next time you load your Google sites page. Besides, both the link above and iGoogle page use the same session, as they are in fact the same website. So if you needed to login in the link above, at that time probably your iGoogle gadget would also ask you for the username password.
piyush_soni

Did you try the simple 'src' given in the post above? :)
piyush_soni

I don't know how much Google allows you to customize your site, but if it does allow to insert an iframe in the webpage, you can just have an iframe which displays your ToodleDo slim page. Something like :

<iframe src="http://www.toodledo.com/slim/#_z1"/>

You can then set height and width and other attributes.

This message was edited May 03, 2011.
piyush_soni

Posted Apr 27, 2011 in: How Important is "Important?"
No system can decide the relative priority and importance of tasks for you - it's you only who can and has to do that. The system can only help to organize that information.

As Toodledo said, due-dates can be one of the measures of importance.

From your example, if I know that taxes are due after two months, may be my wife's happiness is more 'important' right now. But if taxes are due tomorrow and I'm still not finished, may be I'll first do this and the family happiness could probably be taken care of after that.

Other measure could be length of the task - according to you. If you think calling the coach would just take 5 minutes, you'd do that even if the taxes are due tomorrow. But may be you'd postpone seeding the grass until tomorrow after doing the taxes; because both of these are time consuming tasks.

In life you always have to compare apples to oranges, as you only have 24 hours in a day. It is only in scientific calculations that we don't do that.
piyush_soni

Posted Apr 25, 2011 in: Position of Add New Task button
Well, until your request is implemented, you can use the shortcut key ('n') to open up the add new task panel and start typing in that. You must have shortcuts enabled from the settings to do that.
piyush_soni

This is what I do to prevent that error:
Go to Options->Trust Center->Trust Center Settings->Programmatic Access and select "Never warn me".

But of course, be careful for what you install on your machine once you select that option.

This message was edited Apr 22, 2011.
piyush_soni

Let me tell you my opinion on what should be the case, without considering what is 'easily implementable'.

1). You should clearly divide all the attributes a task can have into 'shareable' and non-sharable category. What context I put on my task is nobody else's business. So my Context is always private. On the other hand, I can share the 'Goal' with a co-worker. A folder can be and is shareable, due date, start date, length of task, priority, status - are certainly shareable. Ideally, it should be user-defined in 'Sharing Settings' : where users can probably drag and drop task attributes from one column(shared) to the other(private), depending upon their choice. Both the columns would have reasonable default values.

2). All the shared attributes can be changed by the other person, and private of course cannot even be seen by the other, and can have our own private values(like Context)

3). There would be a notation of 'Creator' v/s sharer in the database. Folder can only be changed by the creator - it is ALWAYS his privilege to keep it shared or non-shared, or shared in his choice of folder. The other person can only accept the sharing or reject it.

So the problem 1's solution is (a) : If you created the task and folder and shared with me, I cannot change it. But I can change the other shared attributes of the task.

Solution of problem 2 is clearly (b).

4). I note that with current implementation I can see a lot of your task properties which I should not be able to. Hope they will get covered with these changes.

5). I should be able to share ONLY one folder if I want to, rather than sharing everything and *then* making remaining ones 'Private'. I personally don't mind creating a new folder for sharing with each new person.

These are only my views, and are open to ridicule.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13      Next