mco

Posted Mar 27, 2012 in: Daily reoccuring task
Score: 0
  • mco
  • Posted: Mar 27, 2012
  • Score: 0
Posted by Damian_S:
Hello all,

There's something that I need to make sure I do every day. I've set up a task that repeats every day, but the problem is that I'm also told about the task for the following day, when I'm not in that day yet.

I can't find a way around this.

I want to be told about the task once per day. I don't want to be told about the task for tomorrow until tomorrow.

can this be set up? I feel like I've tried everything.

Thanks
Damian

Have you enabled the 'start date' field? Do that, make a repeating task with start and due date for tomorrow, hide future tasks. That should do it.
mco

Score: 1
  • mco
  • Posted: Mar 24, 2012
  • Score: 1
Posted by wksims86:

Maybe this is example is overkill, but what happens when you find out your sister has cancer? What happens to all of those Level 3 Top Priority tasks? Does it make sense to move them to a lower priority? Are they any less of priority now? No, but now there are tasks that are even higher priority. The whole scale has changed, but this can't be reflected in GTD. Something new came along that can't be adequately represented in the system. Really this is what happened to contexts. The invention of the smart-phone, wireless tethering, and tablets has made the differentiation of location-based contexts entirely obsolete.

Did I Lose You, Yet?

Well, yes, you lost me. David Allen never advocated anything like "Level 3 Top Priority tasks" and is pretty explicit about the ever-changing nature of what we need to do. There has also been a fair amount of discussion of the changing nature of contexts due to technology, but very few people have suggested that "location-based contexts [are] entirely obsolete."

This message was edited Mar 24, 2012.
mco

Posted Mar 07, 2012 in: Facebook and Twitter Integration
Score: -1
  • mco
  • Posted: Mar 07, 2012
  • Score: -1
Posted by martingchapman:

Now can you please focus on something useful - proper full GMail integration, for all of us that use Toodledo day in day out for our work.

Sorry, but whatever "full integration" means to you, it probably would be not very useful to a lot of people, and would break whenever Google changed their API's.
mco

Score: -2
  • mco
  • Posted: Jan 31, 2012
  • Score: -2
This post has been hidden because of negative votes. Click to reveal
mco

• mco
  • Posted: Jan 16, 2012
I looked quickly at the Ultimate web site but didn't see much help there. Ultimately (ouch), this is something you may need to address with the developers of Ultimate. However, every iPhone app I am aware of that syncs with Toodledo allows you to sync existing tasks to an existing Toodledo account, so it is hard to believe this is not the case for you.
mco

• mco
  • Posted: Dec 31, 2011
Posted by Canyon Russell:
I think this thread and many others like it show the basic problem in Toodledo's decision to not support projects as a data type. Their answer "we have folders and subtasks." is just not an acceptable answer. I can say that I've tried all three (Folders, Goals, and Subtasks) as a stand in for Projects and they all fall short.

I've used OmniFocus pretty extensively, which does what you want; it's good but not great. There's always some trade-off between speed and flexibility on the one hand, and powerful project-management features.
mco

• mco
  • Posted: Dec 04, 2011
Posted by Salgud:
The most obvious solution is to create an ad-hoc multiple location search, something like:

|Checked off|no
and
|Location|is|123 John Wayne Gaycey St
or
|Location|is|456 Kavorkian Ave

Glad I don't live in your town...
mco

• mco
  • Posted: Nov 06, 2011
And now we know the answer is "Siri, email Toodledo..." if you have an iPhone 4s.
mco

Posted Oct 25, 2011 in: Book about time management
  • mco
  • Posted: Oct 25, 2011
Covey's books were worth reading, but I found that his ideas were just too top-down for daily task management. I struggled for many years to make Franklin-Covey ideas work; it turns out motivating speaker plus failure to achieve goals leads to feelings of failure. I found David Allen's bottom-up approach to be more workable. Less emphasis on motivation, more on empirical principles works better for me.
mco

Posted Oct 07, 2011 in: printing problem or operator error?
  • mco
  • Posted: Oct 07, 2011
Posted by gjblair:
My point was, something has changed.
It used to work on all the mentioned platform combos, now it doesn't.
Also, "use Safari" is not helpful.
When I am at work, I do not have the ability to use safari.

If you cannot install your own software at work, and your IT staff has you using Firefox 3, you are not receiving good care. Also, XP was replaced by Vista when? Which was replaced by Win 7 when? It's virtually impossible for anyone not in-house to troubleshoot your problem, but updating your systems is a very good idea.
mco

Posted Oct 07, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
  • mco
I really like the web UI redesign. I know Toodledo doesn't comment on future plans, but I would be very, very happy if some of the design ideas in the web UI made their way into the iOS app. It's still functional, but not nearly as good as the new web UI.
mco

• mco
Posted by jeremiah.moss:
Unfortunately, Toodledo isn't like Google - they're not constantly pushing updates to the website and apps. They tend to stay quiet for a while and push lots of changes all at once.

I don't agree with it, but that's the way they work.

If you think Toodledo isn't constantly improving, you should look at the pace of development of Things. Glacial. Personally, I think Toodledo's development has been great.
mco

• mco
Posted by mads.phi:

Is there a way to remove them from the task list, so they aren't displayed until the start date arrives?

Uncheck "Show future tasks" in the Show menu (between Add Task and Sort).
mco

Posted Sep 29, 2011 in: Folder vs Status Field for GTD
  • mco
  • Posted: Sep 29, 2011

This message was edited Sep 29, 2011.
mco

Posted Sep 29, 2011 in: Folder vs Status Field for GTD
  • mco
  • Posted: Sep 29, 2011
Posted by Folke X:
And maybe because the Status fields are a bit "enhanced" or "tweaked" or "misunderstood" - not quite by the book?

Personally, I like the Status field. I use it as my main field, and have defined my own interpretations for each Status.

I think if the status field had user-definable labels where one could set which ones were active, a lot more people would find a use for it.
mco

Posted Sep 27, 2011 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
  • mco
  • Posted: Sep 27, 2011
Posted by Daniel_bertoldo:
@GTDĀ“ers

Is Proximos Setup still the best aproach?

Thanks!

It's had lots of admirers. Personally, I use folders for areas of focus: different major work responsibilities, house, personal, et cetera. What works best is to start from what David Allen recommends, and slowly test additional features that you think might work for you.
mco

Posted Sep 27, 2011 in: Folder vs Status Field for GTD
  • mco
Because it's more flexible. I use folders for areas of focus. I don't need lots of labels for non-actionable stuff, and or to move items from active to next action.
mco

Posted Sep 27, 2011 in: ThinkingRock versus Toodledo
  • mco
I haven't looked at TR in years. It always seemed too rigid and slow. Toodledo can be quite effective for most people.
mco

Posted Sep 17, 2011 in: Does emailing tasks to TD work on Macs?
  • mco
  • Posted: Sep 17, 2011
The answer to your question "Does emailing tasks to TD work on Macs?" is yes, of course it does. I use the address generated by TD all the time. It sounds like the email address is being rejected by your server, but I can't tell for sure from what you have told us. I assume your home smtp server is not the same as your work server. You might try mailing from a gmail account (which the Mail.app program will handle) or other account, thereby using a different server.
mco

Posted Sep 15, 2011 in: Daily tasks
  • mco
  • Posted: Sep 15, 2011
Look at repeating events with start dates. You will probably need to make the start date field visible, and experiment a bit to achieve the effect you want.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next