ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by c5000nc"
c5000nc

Posted Apr 03, 2018 in: Adding a Comments Field to Tasks
Score: 1
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Apr 03, 2018
  • Score: 1
This has been suggested several times in the past, but it would be It would be very useful to have 3 or 4 added custom Fields. Each could be named, and we would be allowed to set each up either as a drop-down menu like Context, or as a simple text field like Tags. It could include a Comments Field as suggested above.

Many of us have far more ways we need to slice and dice our To Do lists than the very limited number of Field choices ToodleDo gives us. This is a major constraint of ToodleDo, and requires many of us to gerryrig ToodleDo to our specific circumstances, instead of minimally customizing it to our specific circumstances.

Thank you.
c5000nc

Posted Mar 08, 2017 in: The New Tasks Section
Score: 0
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Mar 08, 2017
  • Score: 0
When I click on Tasks in the top left corner, it takes me to Hotlist, even though I have Searches as my default for Tasks. I don't see anyway to override this.

When I do this in the current Tasks setup, it defaults to Searches (and the last Saved Search I was on) as it should.
c5000nc

Posted Mar 08, 2017 in: The New Tasks Section
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Mar 08, 2017
Posted by Jake:
If the calendar isn't showing anything its probably because the filters have it set to not show anything. Click the "eye" icon and then in the calendar filter, click the things you want it to show.

The new combined Date and Calendar tab seems to have several issues
- In Explorer, the calendar on the left is grayed out, so it's not usable.
- In both Explorer and Chrome, under the Eye, 'Show on Calendar' is missing. So, there's nowhere to indicate whether you want to show Due, Starting or In Progress. As a result, in Chrome where I can indicate a date, no tasks show for any of the dates.

Thanks.
c5000nc

Posted Jan 19, 2017 in: Android Saved Search Problems
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Jan 19, 2017
I was able to see just the Tags in the Android app, so that worked, but it didn't change anything else.

I was also able to see a more limited group of a Saved Search. Not exactly correct but not voluminous either. But, it didn't change all the Saved Searches in the app from being voluminous or exactly the same.

Thanks!
c5000nc

Posted Jan 17, 2017 in: Android Saved Search Problems
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Jan 17, 2017
All my Saved Searches from the website show up on the Android app, but they all show the exact same # of Tasks, roughly 80% of all my Tasks. I edited the search on the web site and re-saved it, created an impossible search, and deleted and reinstalled the Android app. Then signed in and re-synced. It still displays ~80% of all Tasks for every Saved Search.

So, Saved Searches are on the Android app, but are not usable.

Thanks.
c5000nc

Posted Jun 13, 2016 in: Tasks Redesign (part 5)
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Jun 13, 2016
CALEDAR SHOWS 100s OF TO-DOs IN TASKS

Not sure if this happens to anyone else...

When I look at To Do's for a specific date on the Calendar function to the left, it shows those day's ToDo's as well as tons of To Do's for other days. This makes it useless. Is there a way to change settings or something else?

Thanks!!
c5000nc

Posted Jan 13, 2016 in: Android Update 5.8
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Jan 13, 2016
Posted by SES21:
@c5000nc

You should be able to show Start Date in the task list. Go into Settings > Meta Information & then you can choose what fields are shown in the list.

I think you can get the views you want by showing Start Date via Meta, then choose an All Tasks view & sort first by Start Date. That should give you dividers by Start Date, too.

Let me know if this helps or at least gets you close. If it doesn't get you all the way there, I might be able to come up with other ideas.

Thanks SES21. I've just changed all my Start dates to Due Dates, since I don't use both, to see it that way. The Android app is still not nearly as useful as it could be since we can't customize what we see with Savable Searches like the web based version. But, I understand they are working on that.
c5000nc

Posted Jan 05, 2016 in: Introducing Smart Quick Add
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Jan 05, 2016
Posted by c5000nc:
I love the new Smart Quick Add as well. One thought to free up an added line since it takes up a whole (rather thick) row:

It could easily fit on the row above, between the Breadcrumb Trail to the left and Sort, etc., to the right. Fittingly for quickly adding a Task, just under the Toodledo logo!

At the risk of making this row seem a bit cluttered, this would free up valuable real estate to show at least one more Task.

My thought is most new Tasks are not so long with so many /date, etc., items added, to not fit where I indicated. And it could scroll right to left like an existing Task when it gets too long when added to. An alternative is to make the Smart Quick Add line optional, since the Quick Add is still on the top row.

It's important to remember it isn't just ToodleDo headers and (thankfully small) footer taking away our real estate. It is also browser tabs, search bars, etc., on top, and download footers and the Windows Task Bar at the bottom (for Windows, anyway).

Thanks for the continued great work!

My hopefully final thought on this: More and more newer laptop screens are wider and not as tall, for gaming and watching movies. So, they tend to have a little less top to bottom space, making every 1/4" more valuable.

Thanks.
c5000nc

Posted Dec 26, 2015 in: Introducing Smart Quick Add
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Dec 26, 2015
Posted by Adrien Beau:
Posted by c5000nc:
the Windows Task Bar at the bottom (for Windows, anyway).

Note that you can easily move it to the left of the screen, reclaiming some more vertical space. It makes very much sense with today's wide screen.

Thanks Adrien! That is a big help with a wide screen!!
c5000nc

Posted Dec 22, 2015 in: Introducing Smart Quick Add
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Dec 22, 2015
I love the new Smart Quick Add as well. One thought to free up an added line since it takes up a whole (rather thick) row:

It could easily fit on the row above, between the Breadcrumb Trail to the left and Sort, etc., to the right. Fittingly for quickly adding a Task, just under the Toodledo logo!

At the risk of making this row seem a bit cluttered, this would free up valuable real estate to show at least one more Task.

My thought is most new Tasks are not so long with so many /date, etc., items added, to not fit where I indicated. And it could scroll right to left like an existing Task when it gets too long when added to. An alternative is to make the Smart Quick Add line optional, since the Quick Add is still on the top row.

It's important to remember it isn't just ToodleDo headers and (thankfully small) footer taking away our real estate. It is also browser tabs, search bars, etc., on top, and download footers and the Windows Task Bar at the bottom (for Windows, anyway).

Thanks for the continued great work!
c5000nc

Posted Dec 21, 2015 in: Android Update 5.8
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Dec 21, 2015
Posted by Jake:
There are two ways to see Tasks by date.

1) Go into the "Due-Date" view by selecting this from the side menu. Then you can switch between options like 'overdue', 'Next 7 days', 'Today', etc.

2) Go into any list and sort it by "due-date". This will put dividers into the list to separate tasks by due-date. You can sort from the action menu.

Thanks Jake. I will have to change all Tasks from Start Date to Due Date to do this. Not sure why it can't show Start Date since it is a Field choice we are given.

Also, the grouping of 7 Days after Tomorrow is pretty worthless. I (and I'm sure others) need to see Tasks on SPECIFIC dates in the future, not grouped together in an unworkable manner.

As it works now, it requires me to move from ToodleDo to Ultimate-ToDo-List any time I want to look at Tasks on specific future dates on Android.

Thanks for your time on this.

This message was edited Dec 21, 2015.
c5000nc

Posted Dec 21, 2015 in: Android Update 5.8
  • c5000nc
First, all the changes are great and I really like the in-place editing, and being able to scroll in a long Task Note right to where I need to edit.

FUTURE-DATE-SPECIFIC SCREENS OR SEARCHES:

As I'm sure many do, I need to plan and change Tasks on future specific dates, but don't see how to do that. On the main menu, Tasks has Main and the other Fields I have set, except Date (Start in my case). Is there a way to see Tasks by Date?

Thanks.
c5000nc

Posted Dec 21, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 5)
Score: 1
  • c5000nc
  • Score: 1
ELIMINATING ONE ROW AT THE TOP:

The new Quick Add Task takes up a whole (rather thick) row, when it could easily fit on the row above between the Breadcrumb Trail to the left and Sort, etc., to the right.

My thinking - few new Tasks are so long with so many /date, etc., items added, it could easily fit where I indicated. And it could scroll right to left like an existing Task when it gets too long when added to.

It's important to remember it isn't just ToodleDo headers and (thankfully small) footer taking away our real estate. It is also browser tabs, search bars, etc., on top, and download footers and all the Windows stuff at the bottom (for Windows, anyway).

You've done a great job with improvements and being sensitive to available real estate. I thank you for that and hope that continues.

Thanks!!
c5000nc

Posted Nov 18, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 4)
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Nov 18, 2015
Posted by Jake:
There have been a lot of studies that have shown that very wide blocks of text are difficult to read. This is because when your eye moves from the end of one line to the start of the next line it has to move a long way (eye fatigue) and can sometimes lose its place and take a while to find the right line to start reading again. This was exacerbated by our old format that allowed the note to be as wide as your list, even if this required horizontally scrolling back and forth, back and forth to read each line. This is why we made the note narrower, to improve readability. The note will be as tall as it needs to be to display the entire note. If you edit a task's note, the text box is 6 lines high. We felt that this was tall enough to allow editing and still provide some context so that you could see the tasks around it for reference. We may make the default size taller in the future, but in the meantime, in all web browsers except Internet Explorer, you can resize the note editing text box to be whatever size you want by dragging the bottom right corner of the box.

Thank you for that extensive answer Jake. I understand that.

And that is useful info about being able to resize the Task note longer in all but IE. That does make it easier to work with in Chrome, etc.
c5000nc

Posted Nov 17, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 4)
Score: 3
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Nov 17, 2015
  • Score: 3
REDUCED % OF SCREEN AVAILABLE FOR EDITING "NOTES" WITHIN TASKS:

Because the width of Notes in Edit mode was severely reduced, along with the various bars at the top, only about 50% of my screen is available to edit Notes.

This has become very frustrating when editing longer, more complicated notes of Tasks. I'm constantly scrolling up and down to see my work.

Reducing the % of the screen available to edit Notes was not a step forward.

Will we be given a higher % of our screen to work with when editing Notes within Tasks?

Thank you.
c5000nc

Posted Nov 05, 2015 in: Android Update 5.8
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Nov 05, 2015
Posted by Jake:
Saved searches is definitely something that is planned, but I do not have an ETA at this time. Sorry

Thanks for getting back Jake. It is appreciated.
c5000nc

Posted Nov 04, 2015 in: Android Update 5.8
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Nov 04, 2015
WHEN CAN WE CREATE CUSTOMIZED LISTS OF TASKS, OR USE OUR SAVED SEARCHES FROM THE WEB SITE?

The Android app is pretty much useless to me since I work on To Do's by Start Date.

On the desktop app, I've created a Saved Search for each day for today, and each of ~15 days in the future, (plus overdue in case I forget to move a To Do forward). This works great on the desktop and on Ultimate To Do list, that allows me to mirror those Saved Searches with My Lists.

Do you have a date to create and save our own Searches, or import ours from the web site?

Thanks!
c5000nc

Posted Oct 12, 2015 in: Breadcrumb Bar Update (part 3)
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Oct 12, 2015
Posted by c5000nc:
It looks great but I hope this means full Search capability is coming to the Breadcrumb Bar so we don't have to open the left side and close it to do a full Search AND see the right side scroll bar.

Thanks!

Thanks Jake, for adding the New Search button at the top of Search in the Breadcrumb Bar!!! Maybe it was there all along and I didn't notice.
c5000nc

Posted Oct 07, 2015 in: Breadcrumb Bar Update (part 3)
Score: -1
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Oct 07, 2015
  • Score: -1
Posted by Salgud:
Posted by Christoph Dollis:
Actually, no. More.

Show task details should be brought under the eye icon, along with close/open dividers.

It seems to me that show/hide task details close/open dividers are not filters, as are the selections under the eye icon, and should be kept separate. They affect the format of the view, but don't filter or show subsets of tasks.
\

I agree. Sort, Show Contexts, Show Tags, etc., just re-arrange or re-display the Tasks that are already displayed.

Conversely, the Show/Hide function (though not very robust with only 3 things to show/hide), like the robust New Search, changes the Tasks you see displayed. It would seem to make more sense to combine Show/Hide with the robust New Search function, both on the right side of the Breadcrumb Bar.
c5000nc

Posted Oct 06, 2015 in: Breadcrumb Bar Update (part 3)
Score: 3
  • c5000nc
  • Posted: Oct 06, 2015
  • Score: 3
It looks great but I hope this means full Search capability is coming to the Breadcrumb Bar so we don't have to open the left side and close it to do a full Search AND see the right side scroll bar.

Thanks!
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next