jzamoras

Posted Mar 08, 2020 in: We’re Back
Score: 0
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Mar 08, 2020
  • Score: 0
Posted by Mark H:
Anant G:

Just want to say that you should ignore all those Naysayers. First make it functional, then improve. People will be back.

Peace,
- Mark

There is a great effort changing platform. Having said that, I doubt ppl will be back once they switch.
jzamoras

Posted Mar 04, 2020 in: We’re Back
Score: 7
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Mar 04, 2020
  • Score: 7
My sub is good until November... I hope there are noticeable changes before that.

Anant, why didn't you offer lifetime subs to old users first?

This message was edited Mar 04, 2020.
jzamoras

Posted Feb 12, 2020 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Feb 12, 2020
I wonder why ppl buy an app to let it die... just sad
jzamoras

Posted Feb 10, 2020 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
Score: 1
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Feb 10, 2020
  • Score: 1
Posted by MultiPurposeWoman:
is there anyone on the other side of this forum or the twitter account or the support? I've been asking about a refund for almost a month and can't even get a "we're too busy to reply".

imho, just claim a chargeback
jzamoras

Posted Feb 05, 2020 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Feb 05, 2020
Posted by c5000nc:
Posted by oletros:
Posted by c5000nc:
I've been in touch with Anant via email in the last few days, and he said they are working on rolling out a big update. He said once it is done, he will post an update in the forums. He said it is taking a lot of time (my guess is far more than expected) to prepare test cases, and then check each and every functionality of Toodledo, for every test case. It sounds very laborious. I'll take deliberate, thorough and slow over rushed any day, if the end result is a better product.

As Anant told me several months ago, they got stuck because the 7 year old code-base had just been patched up over the years. They are spending their time preparing a stable update before implementing new features. Like I said before, it sounds like it's taking far longer than expected to clean up what his predecessors should have done before he was hired.

I for one am still appreciative of Anant, who is actually working to improve ToodleDo every day, even if it's taking far longer than expected, and even though he does a poor job of keeping us updated.

Though I still create backup csv and xml files regularly (which I would do with RTM and others too), I'm sticking with ToodleDo at least a few more years, because nothing else suits my needs as well, and because someone is trying to stabilize and improve it. Albeit very slowly.

Two months later, no news

We have to admit it, Toodledo is dead and it is just working because the ones that still have not cancelled the subscription but when the number of subscripters reaches a minimun, it will be shut down

<sigh> So sad. I'm still using ToodleDo, and will for the foreseeable future. But I've been testing ZenKit, that is totally open architecture, and offers vastly more layout choices and design flexibility than TD ever can.

They are also incredibly responsive to suggestions and feedback.

The only two reasons I haven't totally switched is
1. no multi-task select on Android yet (like the great Ultimate To Do List allows), and
2. no multi-level sort on the Table view (just one level now).

I could reluctantly live without multi-level sort, but really rely on multi-task selection on a mobile device. But my sense is ZenKit will add those things before ToodleDo announces much of anything. So for now, I continue using ToodleDo with daily CSV backups. But maybe not much longer...

zenkit looks great but I won't pay just for recurring tasks... nirvanahq does not have reminders... is hard to find a replacement

btw, Taskangel is launching an android app soon.
jzamoras

Posted Jan 09, 2020 in: Token limits
Score: 2
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Jan 09, 2020
  • Score: 2
Hey Fahad, paying toodledo user here... why instead develop you own web or windows app? I use android 2do app but I won't renew my toodledlo subscription. If you read the forums there a a LOT of old users jumping ship.

Best,
Jaime
jzamoras

Posted Jan 06, 2020 in: TaskUnifier: Windows, Mac and Linux
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2020
Benjamin, there are a lot of old users leaving toodledo, just read the forum.

best,
Jaime
jzamoras

Posted Dec 27, 2019 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Dec 27, 2019
Posted by J O D:
I know that is not what you are asking for, but from my experience Clickup on the free plan can be configured that way. But it may be too much for your needs. Also, the filter rules are a bit more limited.

clickup looks really nice even for the free version, thanks for the heads up ¿were you able to import toodledo tasks? ¿how can I add reminder to specific tasks?

This message was edited Dec 27, 2019.
jzamoras

Posted Dec 12, 2019 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Dec 12, 2019
I'm still looking for a plan b if td goes down. Ticktick is what I like most, however I still can't find a proper subtasks feature replacement.
jzamoras

Posted Dec 10, 2019 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Dec 10, 2019
Posted by shelbyp:
I have decided to move to TickTick. I looked at Todoist and RTM quite a bit and was disappointed that I don't see much recent development (for RTM). Todoist recently had a major release, but many of the reviews for the Todoist App and the website are negative following the changes that were made.

TickTick has most of the TD features and some that TD doesn't have (better calendar support, zapier support). Also the Zapier integration is comple and allows basically integration with any app. One thing that I like about ticktick is that it is obviously being actively developed:
https://ticktick.com/public/changelog/en.html

I am really concerned hat Toodledo has gone to minimal support. And I question even if support will be given if the system goes down. There is almost no feedback in the Forums from TD, all questions are answered by other users. The only questions which TD currently answers are those for users requesting support on how to complete a payment!

I have made a backup of my stuff and am migrating to ticktick.
Notes have been moved to Office360 (OneNote online).
tasks and outlines have moved to ticktick (ticktick as no real outline support, but I use taks, subtasks and the note in the tasks to simulate my outlines. Actually the main missing feature forme in all other systems is the outlines which I find really powerful in TD (fast, easy intuitive, and many shortcut keys). I don't think other task managers have this, and I find it really useful to have tasks/outlines in the same tool.

Ticktick interface is different and needs some getting used to, but this will be the same with any system.

I would advise people to make backups of there stuff, the amount of feedback we are geting from TD is extremely concerning. I am way too dependent on my task management to be able to risk it on Toodledo.

Unfortunate since TD is more than sufficient for my needs and I have been here for 10+ years, but this is becoming way to risky.

great! are you in paid sub? how subtasks work? can you add repeating reminders? thx!
jzamoras

Posted Dec 03, 2019 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Dec 03, 2019
there is no way I will renew my sub unless there are noticeable improvements and much more reasonable price point.
jzamoras

Posted Nov 28, 2019 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Nov 28, 2019
taskangel is working on an android app and it will sync using icloud (they already have a win app), I can't wait!
jzamoras

Posted Oct 22, 2019 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
Score: 3
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Oct 22, 2019
  • Score: 3
Posted by Wayne T.:
I don't understand why Anant is looking for "new" customers to buy a lifetime subscription instead of going to the already loyal user base and offing us a better price to stay with the product.

you nailed it
jzamoras

Posted Oct 14, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Oct 14, 2019
My silver sub is good for another year, so I'll wait until there are real improvements.

This message was edited Oct 14, 2019.
jzamoras

Posted Oct 14, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Oct 14, 2019
Posted by mdhuang1:
JUST A REMINDER:
Today is the last day you can get the deal from StackSocial. Act now!
Very easy to set up a free account and copy over all you data. Totally worth it!

not really... that deal has been at least a 3 months available, and they have sold a just few dozen... my feeling is this is just a quick money grab and run
jzamoras

Posted Oct 01, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Oct 01, 2019
I think it will only work on new or free accounts.
jzamoras

Posted Sep 15, 2019 in: Moving On: Final Post
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Sep 15, 2019
Posted by Lise46:
I'm onto Toodist. For my needs it is working well so far. Biggest plus is that it is consistently syncing with mobile and has an easy to use off-line that also syncs consistently.

Been a fun ride here and great help from many forum regulars. Thanks.

what about subtasks? can you set repeating subtasks w reminders?
jzamoras

Posted Sep 14, 2019 in: Toodledo iPhone App Beta Testers
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Sep 14, 2019
Posted by jogo:
My batch file for automating backups has the following 3 lines (and nothing else):

start "" www.toodledo.com/tools/backup.php
start "" www.toodledo.com/tools/csv.php
start "" www.toodledo.com/tools/csv.php?completed=1

Note that there are 2 double-quotes after the word "start" in each line.

brilliant! thanks!
jzamoras

Posted Aug 29, 2019 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
Score: 3
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Aug 29, 2019
  • Score: 3
It could be nice to offer stacksocial like deal in current user base first, just sayin

This message was edited Aug 29, 2019.
jzamoras

Posted Aug 27, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • jzamoras
  • Posted: Aug 27, 2019
Stacksocial is offering the lifetime sub again... looks even more like a cash grab and run

This message was edited Aug 27, 2019.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6      Next