ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Ann M"
Ann M

Score: 0
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Dec 09, 2015
  • Score: 0
Yes, but I believe that's only with the Gold Subscription.
Ann M

Posted Nov 12, 2015 in: ToodleDo Offline
Score: 1
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Nov 12, 2015
  • Score: 1
I have to agree with mrruz, that this would be a great feature to have. Many times I work remotely with my computer with no internet access and would love to be able to do my weekly planning or other things and can't. I use the IOS app daily, but I find it works well for quick things like adding a task, note or searching, not for thinking about big picture, being able to type more easily from a keyboard rather than my phone, and switching views quickly. Thanks for the consideration.
Ann M

Posted Nov 03, 2015 in: GTD and Toodledo
Score: 2
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Nov 03, 2015
  • Score: 2
I came across this link in David Allen's GTD forum. It's entitled: Why Your To-Do List Is Not Working? And 12 Hidden Principles to Make it Work:
http://sathyawrites.com/12-principles/

As I read this it occurred to me this is exactly how I use Toodledo:

OUTLINES for listing my Purpose - Vision - Goals - Roles (Areas of Focus) (GTD 50,000 - 20,000 ft)
TASKS for listing my Projects and Actions (10,000 ft - runway)
LISTS for Someday Maybes
HABITS (I personally don't use much) but it fits with this article nicely

Now I have a better understanding of why Toodledo created these functions as they really do work holistically, even though 90% of my time is spent in the TASKS section.

And just for the record I do like the different functions hidden in the new navigation design because I like to be focused when working. When they were all visibly listed it was too distracting and easy for me to jump from one to another. Thanks for a great product as I'll never leave.
Ann M

• Ann M
  • Posted: Oct 30, 2015
Posted by mlb32704:
Saw the changes this morning, THANK YOU! Love the left side orientation on the new buttons, THANKS AGAIN, for both listening and quickly making the changes. Years and years of great use and support, still my favorite and everyday go to app, don't know what I'd do without it. I know that ToodleDo has grown leaps and bounds over the years, a lot of great new functionality that I will probably never use, but when it comes to a basic robust fully functional to do list with all sorts of capabilities offered with just a Basic account, plus Notes, no one even compares. And ToodleDo the company behind the product has always listened and somehow balanced out the needs and wants of the uber crazy over the top users with the basic ones such as myself. I don't know how you do it but I thank you. Again :)

And I couldn't agree more.
Ann M

Posted Oct 29, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 4)
Score: 2
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Oct 29, 2015
  • Score: 2
Oh my gosh! I cannot believe you responded so quickly in moving the button back to the left. What is really odd is that I didn't even notice it this morning until I read the post in the forum. It's as if it's back to normal so it wasn't screaming at me. Thanks very much and as a result of this I am using the keyboard shortcuts too.

Ann
Ann M

Posted Oct 26, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 4)
Score: 12
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Oct 26, 2015
  • Score: 12
I would have preferred if the ADD Button was left justified and not right justified as now. As a result it is now further away from where it was making me use the QUICK ADD add as the default and then updating the relevant fields - more clicks. Otherwise I like the changes, especially hiding all the other products as I only use three of them.

Ann
Ann M

Posted Oct 07, 2015 in: Notes Section
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Oct 07, 2015
With all the changes and updates recently to outlines, lists, and now tasks, I was wondering if Notes was also going to be updated. Specifically as it relates to having to use HTML tagging in order to indent and format. Currently I am using OneNote and would love to eliminate the software and have everything in TD.
Ann M

Posted Sep 15, 2015 in: Introducing the Breadcrumb Bar (part 1)
Score: 3
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Sep 15, 2015
  • Score: 3
I just logged on this morning to find the changes and I thought oh that's great. Then I used it and saw the jump from folder to context within the same window. Now that is fantastic. You have improved the usability in a way I hadn't thought of and I so thrilled. I love, love, love, the task changes. That's where I live so please keep it coming. Much appreciation from a faithful customer. Ann
Ann M

Posted Aug 25, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
Score: -1
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Aug 25, 2015
  • Score: -1
" The Toolbar and Ribbon will always remain visible. This means that you no longer need to scroll all the way to the top of the page when you want to add a new task, switch views or change your filters or sorts. This will save you time."

I am working in chrome Version 44.0.2403.155 and this behavior is not working.

Thanks,
Ann
Ann M

Posted Aug 19, 2015 in: Todoist vs Toodledo -- Why I'm back.
Score: 5
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Aug 19, 2015
  • Score: 5
This post is most appreciated as I too have looked at switching from time to time due to the cleaner interfaces, but at the end of the day I have stuck with TD. It's mainly because of its flexibility to morph in whatever fashion I need and I can do it quickly. I am hopeful that the soon to be update of the task module will be worth waiting for making this the most effective and aesthetically pleasing tool ever.
Ann
Ann M

Posted Jul 26, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Jul 26, 2015
Can you tell us if part of the task redesign will include a "rich" notes field where we can put images and the like? I would upgrade for this feature as I would find it more useful than having attachments. Thanks for your consideration. Ann
Ann M

• Ann M
  • Posted: Jul 17, 2015
While I am a fan of your updates I have to say I am still disappointed with the outline redesign. What normally can be outlined in a document in one page takes four pages in your module due to the excess spacing between items. I wish it it was just more condensed like the task list because for me it's still too bulky and unusable. Ann
Ann M

Posted Jul 17, 2015 in: Outline disappear
  • Ann M
1) Does this happen to all outlines, or just one? It only happened to one outline
2) Is the outline shared with a collaborator? No
3) When you make a change, do you see the "Saving changes..." indicator appear below the Outline title for a few seconds and then go away? Yes
4) Does it only happen to new outlines? Yes, so far that's what I have noticed.
5) Any other details that might help use figure it out? I can't replicate it now so I don't know how to proceed.

What I did notice is that I was my laptop and everything was saved (or appeared to be) I put the laptop to sleep and when I got to the office and opened it up I got that error message where it said it was having issues syncing and all my work on that one outline was gone.

Ann
Ann M

• Ann M
Thanks Jake I never thought of testing another file.You were correct, there was a bug in the file. The file I had copied into the text file was from OneNote so there must have been some weird characters preventing the import. Best,Ann

The issue "bug" seems to be quotes and tabs it cannot read as such.

This message was edited Jul 17, 2015.
Ann M

Posted Jul 17, 2015 in: Outline disappear
  • Ann M
Hi Jake,

That is not the case as the same this happened to me this morning and wiped out my work. I had tried to import so that I didn't have to enter manually and when that didn't work I entered manually and then that error message appeared. There is definitely something buggy going on. Ann
Ann M

• Ann M
It appears that the import function for outlines is not working any longer.
Ann M

Posted Apr 25, 2015 in: Storing images
Score: 1
  • Ann M
  • Posted: Apr 25, 2015
  • Score: 1
Are there plans to store images in the note sections of the tasks. That would probably be more helpful than attachments because I could just store a screenshot and not need the attachment.

Thanks,
Ann
Ann M

• Ann M
  • Posted: Apr 21, 2015
Hi Dave, I did do that with my saved searches. But I am talking about whenever I do an adhoc search - which I do several times a day when I am looking for a particular item. When doing an adhoc search you have to always state the the exclusion unless you use filters and the filters don't apply to folders, just to context and tags.
Ann M

• Ann M
  • Posted: Apr 21, 2015
Thanks Sabina and Michael. I kept work and home separate too using folders, but it wasn't working for me because a search and my saved search queries would pull from both folders (which I use most of time) unless I specifically changed the search criteria which is a drag given how often I use the search functions.

Sabina's suggestion is great. I used filters years ago and had forgot how powerful this feature really is. The only problem is that I used to use the context field as my status because I don't like how Toodledo gives you so many choices for status. I prefer to create my own and hopefully that will change sometime in the future. In the meantime I am using the status field and the context for personal and have incorporated the filter function in all views. I think it will be the solution... for now. Thanks very much. Ann
Ann M

• Ann M
  • Posted: Apr 20, 2015
I have been using this product for years, but lately I am finding that the structure I have created to manage my work is more complex than what I need in my personal life. As a result I find that I am constantly tweaking my "system" to make it work for both and as a result it's less than optimal. An when I do quick search on a key work I might get things that flow from both work and personal even though I am only looking one of those two areas. I use separate folders to help manage this, but it's not enough any more. I utilized the search queries to filter out what I need so that works most of the time, but I would like to have a more definitive line between the two.

I can't figure out a way to make that separation without probably having two toodledo accounts. Money aside, the idea of logging into and keeping track of two accounts does't thrill me. I suppose I could use another product for my personal life, but I am not willing to try that because toodledo can be very simple as well. I am curious if others have run into this and how they might have managed this.

For Jake and Staff: If I were to have two subscriptions how would I be able to tell the difference between the iPhone Apps buttons?

This message was edited Apr 20, 2015.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next