ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by CJD"
CJD

Posted May 08, 2010 in: Good Bye from Proximo
Score: 0
  • CJD
  • Posted: May 08, 2010
  • Score: 0
Thanks to Proximo also, been very helpful.

As clunky as Toodledo is, it is by far the best and the most flexible to use.
I tried Nirvana and for someone who triages 100+ emails a day, teachs 4 classes, is a trainer and is the tech coordinator for 3 seperate work sites, Toodledo is the best.

Being to email directly into specific folders, and have full control over where it lands is key to my productivity. I wish web input was cleaner on Toodledo but email, and jott features are priceless to me.

Thanks for your help Prox.
CJD

Posted May 03, 2010 in: Jott interoperability
  • CJD
  • Posted: May 03, 2010
As a long time Jott user and a long time Toodledo user, I am interested why I can have so much flexibility with my Backpackit and Jott but not toodledo. Like specifying where things go.
CJD

Posted May 03, 2010 in: What's up with Remember the Milk?
  • CJD
  • Posted: May 03, 2010
I concur Toodledo is the most flexible and easy to customize.
I was led away to Nirvana by a gtd guru and found it to be non-functional.
CJD

Posted Feb 05, 2010 in: Any suggests for GTD with iterations?
  • CJD
  • Posted: Feb 05, 2010
I am a long time TD subscriber, and my TD becomes so large that it is overwhelming at times and I have ignored it. Recently I read through Promimo's GTD thread and it is simple and straight forward. I read the entire thread (which I have never done in my life) and everyone there has good things to take from.

One thing is that I used to do what you do regarding having a folder for every project. I am like the an older ADD poster child and it becomes overwhelming.

After reading the ProxiGTD thread I now have a folder called "Projects" (really I use Context, but that is for my personal needs).

When you have a folder for projects, your project becomes the task, and the subtasks become flexible, and unfortunately they don't by take the attributes of the task automatically.

So in your projects folder could be a task labeled, "Find Spouse a New Car to replace her Toyota" Subtasks could be "car-Research Consumer Reports findings"
"car-Go to dealer and test drive"
"car-Compare financing"

that way you can review your projects weekly and move subtasks in to your action folder.
because Subtask in other folders have no reference to original task you should put some hint in it, like "car"
CJD

Posted Feb 04, 2010 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: 1
  • CJD
  • Posted: Feb 04, 2010
  • Score: 1
Proxi and GTD'ers,
Well I guess I will never know unless I try.

Flip Experiment: Flipping GTD labels in Contexts and Folders
Goal: Being able to make my all my Work items public (shareable) whether they are classified as ACTION, WAITING, PROJECT. Keeping my Personal and my small side business one private.

I have completely flipped my Folders and Contexts, not that hard using multi-edit.

So now Folders consist of: Personal, Work, CJD(My side business)
Contexts are: Action, Inbox, Projects, Someday, Ticker, Waiting.

The only iissues I have found so far:
Folders can be archived but not Contexts, not an issue at this point.
*Contexts order is only alphabetical. Which actually puts them in a pretty good order anyway.
* I have been using TD for years it may be a bit of getting used to.

Will keep you posted.

Here to someone developing a full featured app for WebOS (Palm Pre, Pixi)
CJD

Posted Feb 04, 2010 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
  • CJD
  • Posted: Feb 04, 2010
Peter thanks for comments, but they don't answer the question. Trading the Items in folders for the items in contexts. Is there any implications as far as the way TD works? I know that Folders I have control over privacy, Contexts I don't. To move them one time is simple. And exporting anything is extra steps on a regular basis, why do that when the funtionality for people to just see what is posted by Toodledo. The task it to simplify.
CJD

Posted Feb 01, 2010 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
  • CJD
  • Posted: Feb 01, 2010
I have been using Proximo's system for 2 days now and have run into a bit of a snag. The system works great for me except for one thing.
I teach but unfortunately part of my job involves IT maintenance, user account creation and maintenance help desk, ordering... (long story why, won't bore you)
Because I wear multiple hats in my position and I travel between sites, I keep my Actions, Projects and Waiting folders public. For one, so my boss, and fellow workers can see what I am working on and where their "issue" falls in the priority list. But I don't them to see my personal stuff. So now I must keep two folders of each Actions, Projects, Waiting. Which annoys me as Promimo's version of GTD, is so simple and works so well with TD.
So I thought of this - What if I switched Contexts and Folders? So instead of my folders being: Actions, Projects, Waiting... Were instead Context items and my Work, Photog Business, and Personal were my folders, this way WORK would be public since we only have Folder control over privacy.
Are there any negative implications?
CJD

Posted Jan 29, 2010 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: -1
  • CJD
  • Posted: Jan 29, 2010
  • Score: -1
Proximo and fellow posters I give you a HUGE thank you. I teach but also and the Technology Coordinator for 3 school sites, (as well as the buyer). I am horrible in email triage and usually end up with thousands in a very short time.

I have used a number of different things (Nozbe, Vialist, Backpackit, Remember the Milk,outlook) but have been focusing on Toodledo for the last year and a half.

I end up with hundreds of entries as I email to toodledo from outlook and it becomes overwhelming.

I am going to modify my system to Proximo's as it seems to be less messy than what I am doing now.

Thanks to everyone. I don't think I have ever read every post in an 8 page thread before. lol but I was memorized.

PS I love the Toodledo iPhone app but hate the phone. I use a Pre and the web interface is not too bad.
CJD

Posted Jan 11, 2010 in: Exchange Sync
  • CJD
  • Posted: Jan 11, 2010
What? My Toodledo is synced with Exchange Currently, No?
I don't use Tasks in Outlook anymore but My toodledo tasks show up there, I swear.
I thought it was an add on free app.
CJD

Posted Nov 22, 2009 in: easily add todo items via firefox
  • CJD
  • Posted: Nov 22, 2009
Thanks so much! that is awesome!
CJD

Posted Nov 22, 2009 in: Jott interoperability
  • CJD
  • Posted: Nov 22, 2009
another jott user brought over a longtime ago from jott. I would like to see this implemented as well.
CJD

• CJD
  • Posted: Oct 05, 2009
"I cannot get into the the actual task field".
I understand how it works, I have had it for years.
And have emailed to it for years.
The actual task field is blanked out and uneditable.
Thanks,
-cg-
CJD

• CJD
  • Posted: Oct 03, 2009
I have two emailed tasks that I cannot get into the actual task field, the attached email is readable. Nothing is being displayed as the task, it is just blank. If I clone it, I still cannot access the task text field
CJD

• CJD
  • Posted: Dec 01, 2008
Sorry,
Toodo, is by no means is anywhere close to the iphone version of Toodledo. The reason Toodledo is a productive app in itself is its simplicity and ease of inputting and outputting. The Iphone version is almost better than Toodledo itself.
While I appreciate the time someone took to come up with a Toodledo interface for the Android g1, Toodo is very convaluted and counterintuitive and by no means productive.
CJD

• CJD
  • Posted: Nov 20, 2008
I tried to use a 3G iPhone, it sucks big time. Toodledo on iPhone is friggin awesome. I am keeping my iphone w/o sim card because of Toodledo.
Android users need a cool interaface like iPhone has.

I have had 4 3G's since they came out, besides the number call dropper, the iPhone is not a communication/productivity device. It is a cool way to play Poker and a light saber to impress your friends.

Android offers MUCH more in the way of communication/productivity.

Please make an app for Android!!!
Former: Visor Phone>Treo 180>Treo 300> Treo 600> Treo 650 > Treo 755P >Iphone > Treo PRO > Samsung Epix> HAPPY Android user.
CJD

Posted Jul 30, 2008 in: Jott interoperability
  • CJD
  • Posted: Jul 30, 2008
Guys should check out Jott and toodledo iphone interface both are killer.
CJD

• CJD
1.Number one: (the reason I am keeping my iPhone 3G)
The Toodledo Iphone interface is incredible. Better than the web interface for quick ins and dones.
2. Jott - I love Jott for everthing and now killer iphone interface
3. Stars, folders and Tags, this makes my life so much easier when trying to figure out what to do.
4. Email Task - Have been doing this for years and I love it.
5.Incredible flexibility of views.

Thanks so much for this great app which I am revisiting after purchase of my iPhone. I like the function of my Treos, and was contemplating returning my beautiful but stupid iphone, and then saw the Toodledo interface, I am keeping the iPhone. I am the biggest procrastinator, time waster in the world, and Toodledo helps me a great deal. Thanks!
CJD

Posted Jul 30, 2008 in: Biggest Time Sinks
  • CJD
mindless surfing
Skip to Page:  1   2