Search results for "Posted by InfoJeff"
InfoJeff

Posted Jul 11, 2008 in: Modify existing booklet template
Score: 0
  • InfoJeff
  • Posted: Jul 11, 2008
  • Score: 0
Posted by Toodledo:
Creating a new booklet with the same name as an existing booklet will now overwrite the older booklet.

Thank you for taking the time to enhance how Saved Booklets work. You added the abilities to:
(1) overwrite a Saved Booklet
(2) delete a Saved Booklet

I wanted to let you know that I started benefiting from these enhancements as soon as you made them, since I re-print my booklet every few days. I am still experimenting with trying different booklet layouts until I find what works best for me, so I look forward to the next enhancement to be able to edit an existing Saved Booklet.

Thank you,
Jeff

This message was edited Jul 11, 2008.
InfoJeff

Posted Jul 10, 2008 in: Creation Date/time
Score: 2
  • InfoJeff
  • Posted: Jul 10, 2008
  • Score: 2
There are a few fields for every task that cannot be displayed directly. But you can get those fields to display by sorting on the field.

- from any task display screen, click to the right top on the "Sort" link
- in the "Sort By" box, select the field you want to view
- click the "Sort" button
- the field will now display to the right of your existing fields
InfoJeff

Posted Jul 10, 2008 in: Search - Goal not working??
  • InfoJeff
  • Posted: Jul 10, 2008
Posted by Eric:
But modifying a search doesn't seem to work.

When you modify a search, it simply creates a "new search", so you need to give it a name to save the search to use again.

If you use the same name for this new search, it creates an additional saved search (you will have 2 searches with the same name). You will need to "forget" the saved search which is incorrect so that old saved search is deleted and therefore you end up with only one saved search with that name.
InfoJeff

Posted Jul 09, 2008 in: Advanced Search
  • InfoJeff
  • Posted: Jul 09, 2008
I liked this new feature so much I worked out a complex search and posted about it with a screen shot here:

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/339/-1450/inbox-equals-tasks-missing-certain-fields.html
InfoJeff

• InfoJeff
I have seen posts that mention your "inbox" as being any tasks which are missing certain fields (like no goal, no folder or no due date). Related to that "inbox" usage, here is an idea on how to use the saved search feature:

When I quickly add a task, I might just put in a task description without assigning values for all fields. So I use a repeating task to remind me to go in every now and then to look at and edit tasks that are missing a due date, context or folder. I have saved searches for those items.

I have an additional saved search that bundles them all in 1 massive search like this:

By the way, be sure to add an additional rule to your searches that says "Checked Off" is "no" if you do not want to see completed tasks.

This message was edited Jul 09, 2008.
InfoJeff

• InfoJeff
As a workaround until the ability is added to toodledo, here is an idea on how to use the saved search feature:

When you add a task by quickly forwarding it by email to toodledo, the task has a description without assigning values for all fields.
So set saved searches to look at tasks that are missing a due date, context or folder.

I posted an idea and screen shot here:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/339/-1450/inbox-equals-tasks-missing-certain-fields.html

This message was edited Jul 09, 2008.
InfoJeff

Posted Jul 09, 2008 in: Advanced Search
  • InfoJeff
This is tremendous! Thank you so much for this feature.

I have several views that I was needing to check on regularly and it was very labor intensive to click though all the steps. This ability to save searches will make it painless to check those views (and therefore I will check them more often, which will increase my productivity).
InfoJeff

Posted Jun 27, 2008 in: Modify existing booklet template
  • InfoJeff
  • Posted: Jun 27, 2008
I am a Pro user and upgraded primarily to customize the booklet printing.

Thank you for looking into this issue. Editing a booklet would make the Pro booklet feature much more useful.

To work-around this lack of editing, I came across another problem:

Since I could not edit the booklet layout, I created a new layout and gave the new booklet the same name hoping to "edit" the booklet. But I now have 2 booklets with the exact same name in my list with different layouts. I cannot delete the old one which has the incorrect layout.

This message was edited Jun 27, 2008.
Skip to Page:  1   2