Search results for "Posted by Acustk"
Acustk

Posted Feb 27, 2009 in: Popup calendar start with Monday
Score: 1
  • Acustk
  • Posted: Feb 27, 2009
  • Score: 1
Posted by kunicki:
Is it possible to modify the default start day of the week for pop calendar. I prefer to see the calendar start with Mondays.

Chris

Optional would be nice for those of us who prefer it the current way. Thanks.
Acustk

Score: 0
  • Acustk
  • Posted: Feb 27, 2009
  • Score: 0
Thanks...

Is it also possible for you to load our default values when we add tasks via the simple html link? ( http://www.toodledo.com/html/ )
Acustk

• Acustk
  • Posted: Feb 11, 2009
If automatic roll-forward of dates is implemented, I suggest that it should be optional with both a global setting and a per task setting.

Examples:
I may have a repeating task due 2/01/09 that I'm late completing this time. I don't want the date rolled forward because I want the next instance to be 3/01/09, not a month from a rolled-forward date.

I actually value being able to see what I'm "Overdue" on. With dates rolled forward you would never be able to tell that anything is overdue.

Alternatively, I may WANT dates to move forward so I can automatically see them on the "Due Today" list.

So, if implemented, I think there should be global preference settings such as:

ROLL FORWARD DEFAULTS FOR NEW TASKS:
Roll Forward Past Due Dates to Current Date: Yes / No
Roll Forward Repeating Task Past Due Dates to Current Date: Yes / No

Also, I suggest making a visible field (check box) for each task when entering a task and also when viewing all tasks that can toggle whether that task's date gets rolled forward at midnight or not.

Les
Acustk

• Acustk
  • Posted: Jan 29, 2009
I've run into that problem too with no successful workaround.

I noticed from the help that we CAN use "On the LAST FRIDAY of each month", for example. It would nice if we could also say "On the LAST DAY of each month."

From the Help section:
Format 2: "On the X D of each month". Where X is a number or numerical word (first, second, last, etc) and D is a day of the week (Mon, Tue, Wed, etc). Examples: On the second monday of each month, On the last Fri of each month, On the 3 Sat of each month.
Acustk

Posted Jan 08, 2009 in: Worlds Collide
  • Acustk
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2009
I use contexts to separate them. One for "home" and one for "work." Then I filter by "work" when I'm at work and filter by "home" when I'm at home.

Works great for me.
Acustk

Posted Jan 06, 2009 in: Notebook
  • Acustk
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2009
Posted by charlotte:
[quote]Posted by creative:

<DIV class=quote>How do you backup the data in the Notebook? Can you export it to XML with the rest of the task data and use it as a backup file?[/quote][/quote]

If you click on the Export link in the sidebar and scroll down to the "CSV Notebook Export" section, you can download and save it as a CSV file.
Acustk

• Acustk
  • Posted: Dec 17, 2008
With all the potential updating of this great web app, this is just a proactive plea to please keep the HTML version in existence.

For those of us with basic cell phones (i.e. not smart phones), using the HTML version (http://www.toodledo.com/html/) through Opera Mini (http://www.opera.com/mini/) appears to be the most viable option for mobile access.

["Slim" still has display and operability problems on "dumb" phones -- and, besides, HTML through opera mini seems much more functional to me.]

So, please, please keep HTML access as an option!

Thanks...

[edit: spelling]

This message was edited Dec 17, 2008.
Acustk

Posted Oct 30, 2008 in: New tasks
Score: 1
  • Acustk
  • Posted: Oct 30, 2008
  • Score: 1
Acustk

Posted Oct 29, 2008 in: Twitter Connection Working?
  • Acustk
  • Posted: Oct 29, 2008
I found a work-around for texting tasks to Toodledo until the Twitter connection is working again. I can use my phone carrier's SMS to Email gateway.

For AT&T, I text to 111.
The message takes the form of:
my_toodledo_email_address (task to add)

...where my_toodledo_email_address is your email address setup under ToodleDo's "import" link. The task must have the parentheses around it. Setup and save a text message template and you won't have to retype the email address each time.

For AT&T, text to 111. Otherwise find your carrier's gateway at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS_gateway#Carrier-provided_SMS_to_Email_Gateways
Acustk

Posted Oct 28, 2008 in: Twitter Connection Working?
  • Acustk
  • Posted: Oct 28, 2008
Can anyone confirm that adding tasks with Twitter IS working for them?

Thanks.
Acustk

Posted Oct 27, 2008 in: Twitter Connection Working?
  • Acustk
  • Posted: Oct 27, 2008
Still no go on Twitter. Tried removing the connection and re-establishing it. Twitter shows that I'm following and being followed but the connections page of Toodledo still says I need to confirm with a code (which I've done directly from Twitter's site).

Hmmm... any ideas?
Acustk

Posted Oct 24, 2008 in: Twitter Connection Working?
  • Acustk
  • Posted: Oct 24, 2008
I've tried adding tasks over the last few days with my phone using Twitter but they are not showing up on Toodledo. When I login to twitter.com I see them in my "sent" folder, so I know they're getting that far at least. Have not had problems before adding with Twitter.

Anyone else having problems? Could it be something with the new server?

Thanks.
Acustk

Posted Oct 23, 2008 in: Better Due Date sorting
  • Acustk
  • Posted: Oct 23, 2008
Posted by Toodledo:
We have updated the dividers when sorting by due-date or start-date to have sections for tasks that are overdue, due today, due tomorrow, and due in the next week.

A nice improvement. Thanks.

This lets you immediately see first thing in the morning what is due today. Also, seeing the "overdue" label compels you to either get those things done or get them rescheduled.

Great idea.
Acustk

Posted Sep 05, 2008 in: Three small improvements
  • Acustk
  • Posted: Sep 05, 2008
On #2... Excellent. Thank you.
Acustk

• Acustk
  • Posted: Jul 20, 2008
Hey ToodleDo,

I'd like to suggest two user-optional enhancements to the "Due Date" display field.

1) When viewing the due date, I find it is also helpful to quickly see what day of the week that is. For example, right now it displays as:

Jul 23, 2008 ...but it would be even more productive for me if I could choose for it to also display as:

Jul 23, 2008 (Wed)

Perhaps under the date format option in account settings you could have an additional checkbox for "Display day after due date."

2) Secondly, it would enhance my productivity if I could opt to see how many days until the "Due Date". So it might look something like this:

Jul 23, 2008 (3 days)

These do take up more column space, but if they are user options it sounds like a win-win.

Thanks for a great application.

Acustk
Acustk

Posted Jul 20, 2008 in: Advanced Search
  • Acustk
  • Posted: Jul 20, 2008
How do I create a search for oversue tasks?

I tried the following and it seems to work. No matter when you run it, it return everything overdue from "today's" date.

Due Date | "is within the last" | 1,000 days
Acustk

Posted Jul 19, 2008 in: Color Schemes
  • Acustk
  • Posted: Jul 19, 2008
Very nice. Thanks!
Acustk

Posted Jul 17, 2008 in: Multi-Edit
  • Acustk
  • Posted: Jul 17, 2008
Posted by Toodledo:
...pick the new values and hit the save button to update every task on the page in one easy step.

I notice that after updating the changes it returns to a blank search screen. Is it possible, instead, to have it return to a list of the edited items which shows their new values? Just would be nice to see a visual confirmation of the changes instead of having them disappear from view.

(Thanks very much for the ability to multi-edit)
Skip to Page:  1   2