ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Purveyor"
Purveyor

Posted May 10, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 10, 2019
  • Score: 1
Posted by Duo:
The introduction of advertising for free users (so far), the large price increases for new and existing users, the moving of relied upon features from one tier to the next for new and existing users, the shoddy development practices, the poor management of the changes around pricing, features and privacy, the lack of understanding of the product, the product space and its users, long-time users abandoning ship... I don't think this story is moving towards "Happily ever after" but I hope I'm wrong.

1. Advertising
Aaron said: We are not adding advertising to Toodledo and repeated that statement in his rebuttal of Security/Privacy Alert.

2. Price increases for existing users
Sam said: Please note that there is no plan to increase the price of current paying users.

3. Shoddy development practices
Disruptive use of Ctrl-click to multi-select followed by unintuitive use of the letter "L".

4. Poor management of the changes around pricing
Confusing announcements about the pricing structure and a lack of understanding of what "grandfathered" means.

Plus, no improvements to the iPhone app even though on July 25, 2018, Sam said that updating the app is a priority.
According to the App Store, the last update to the app was on Jan 25, 2017 and it was a minor fix. The most recent feature improvement was on Nov 21, 2015, which was "Updates Habits with Alarms and Schedules". And still no support for Apple Watch.

In Sam's first post, Future Plans, he talked about making "Toodledo the best damn productivity tool out there" but almost nothing has changed in the past 10 months. He also said that he would be "'super active in this forum" and then disappeared after less than two months.

This message was edited May 10, 2019.
Purveyor

Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 08, 2019
  • Score: 0
I'm curious about how Aaron and Anant will respond.

Toodledo's Privacy Policy says that they will "use your information in a number of different ways", including:
To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
There's a section on Advertising Cookies:
And of course, there are cookies that collect information about your browsing habits in order to make any advertising that is delivered to you more relevant to you and your interests. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is then shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Quite often, targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization. This is also why when you’ve been on one of our websites, you might see some tools that you previously looked at on our websites. This includes retargeting.

Cookies can also tell us if you have seen a specific advertisement, and how long it has been since you have seen it. This is helpful, because it means we can control the effectiveness of our advertisements and control the number of times people might be shown our advertisements.

This message was edited May 08, 2019.
Purveyor

Posted May 03, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 03, 2019
@GSP1963,

I agree with your overall evaluation. The new owners do not inspire confidence.

For a company at the opposite end of the spectrum, take a look at ClickUp. They make a great first impression.

The software is designed mainly for teams but it can be used by a single user who is working on several complex projects and has several areas of responsibility. It is overkill as a basic task list.

I'm trying it but I find it a bit cumbersome. I'm hoping that the upcoming version 2.0 will be easier to use for projects that don't require many layers of organization.

This message was edited May 03, 2019.
Purveyor

Posted May 02, 2019 in: Blog vs Forum
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 02, 2019
No, you're not the only one ... ;-)

Easier to compose a monthly blog entry (with a lot of repetition from the previous month) rather than address issues in the Forums.

And what's with the Silicon Valley bizspeak?
In the March blog entry there was:
"These learnings will help us learn iteratively before we approach the entire task dashboard."
"We’re iterating on usability in alpha mode right now".

In the most recent entry, there's: "QAing", "fast follow features", "low-fidelity designs", "we'll iterate on those". Really??

And still waiting for an updated version of the iOS app.
Purveyor

Posted Apr 26, 2019 in: Google Calendar Sync Work for You?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 26, 2019
From the link that Anant posted:
Create or edit a task on Google and it will automatically get updated on Toodledo. Like magic.
Well, I guess "automatically" doesn't necessarily mean "instantly" but it's implied. And it's a stretch to say that "magic" means waiting 15 minutes.

It seems that all tasks will be synced to Google Calendar, with no way of selecting by Context, Folder, Status or range of dates. Is that right?
Purveyor

Posted Apr 18, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 18, 2019
Posted by pawelkaleta:
Poor implementation, no testing (or testing on production), higher price, lot of promises, and no results.
Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes!

I have a few months to go on my subscription and, unless there's a substantial improvement in features (and an iOS app that I want to use), I'll be leaving, or possibly downgrading to a free subscription and using Toodledo as a secondary tool.

I was willing to pay to support Jake (especially in the early years) because I respected what he was doing. I'm not interested in supporting the new owners.
Purveyor

Posted Apr 17, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 17, 2019
Yes, it does: advanced sorts.
Purveyor

Posted Apr 11, 2019 in: ToodleDo Sync to ? For Apple Watch
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 11, 2019
@mlb32704, I think I started with Toodledo a bit before you did. As far as I remember, it has always been "Toodledo".

@Larry2, I'm not thrilled with any of my suggestions but they're pretty good.
I've tested 2Do but I've never used it.
I've used (Pocket) Informant and I found it to be very powerful but too complicated.

I've been using using Appigo's Todo app on my iPhone for years and it works fine on my Watch.
It syncs nicely with Toodledo, as long as I don't use their Project or Checklist features, and I don't use Toodledo's "repeat with Parent" option for repeating subtasks.
FWIW, I really like the look of Appigo's newer app but it doesn't sync with Toodledo and their website interface is horrible.

This message was edited Apr 11, 2019.
Purveyor

Posted Apr 11, 2019 in: ToodleDo Sync to ? For Apple Watch
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 11, 2019
Two suggestions:
1. Try an iOS app that syncs with Toodledo and has an Apple Watch app.
For example: 2Do, Todo and Informant 5.

2. The name is "Toodledo" not "ToodleDo".
;-)

This message was edited Apr 11, 2019.
Purveyor

Posted Apr 10, 2019 in: Inputting tasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 10, 2019
You can switch by going to Modify Default Settings.

The link to the old version is toodledo.com/tasks.
The current version is tasks.toodledo.com.

This message was edited Apr 10, 2019.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 09, 2019
Anant, why are you quoting the entire post when there's only one post?

There is an option to "Post Reply" without quoting.

This message was edited Apr 09, 2019.
Purveyor

Posted Apr 09, 2019 in: Sub-Tasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 09, 2019
Never mind.

This message was edited Apr 09, 2019.
Purveyor

Posted Apr 05, 2019 in: need help on "batch edit"
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 05, 2019
"L" shows up in the list of keyboard shortcuts but it doesn't do anything on its own.

All the other keystrokes do something when you press them. "L" does nothing, unless you click a task while pressing the "L".

Hidden and unintuitive.

And the use of the letter "L" has no connection to the action "Batch Edit".
Purveyor

Posted Mar 26, 2019 in: Stop Batch Edit Tasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 26, 2019
When did you implement the change to how links are opened? Will you also be doing this for links in the forums?

And, one more thing: From the list of posts in the Questions forum, I see that user pawelkaleta recently posted but I don't see his post. Why does it not show up in this topic?

Edited: Now I see pawelkaleta's post.

This message was edited Mar 26, 2019.
Purveyor

Posted Mar 25, 2019 in: Stop Batch Edit Tasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 25, 2019
Posted by rubenB:
Here's a posting from the News forum relating to batch edit features recently rolled out.

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/26875/0/multi-select-for-batch-edit.html
In that post, Anant says:
Please make sure you have keyboard shortcuts enabled from your account settings to use this feature.
I've disabled the setting for keyboard shortcuts but pressing Ctrl still brings up the batch-edit sidebar.

Also, what was the point of locking the topic?
Purveyor

Posted Mar 24, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 24, 2019
Posted by MelodyB_2:
I'm sad to leave Toodledoo. I have looked at other things. But I really do need control over my private life and I don't need a kanban board or anything like that. I just need a nice little thing with multi-level tasks and decent printability.
Which alternative did you find?
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 21, 2019
There's also this:
There are issues in our current iOS app with collaboration. I will be making a post today to roll out beta version of the iOS app and you can test it out on that.
From Collaboration Invite Problems - Invite Expired.
Purveyor

Score: 2
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 21, 2019
  • Score: 2
@marcemobile_3, thanks for suggestion.

Clickup is incredibly powerful and flexible. Perhaps too much for a single user (it is designed for teams) but it offers a lot of features in the free version that aren't available in Toodledo at any price:

1. Drag and drop reordering
2. Select and edit multiple tasks
3. Rich text formatting, including (but not limited to) Markdown
4. Drag and drop attachments, and view photo thumbnails
5. Embed and view photos and videos in notes.
6. Task dependencies
7. Custom statuses
8. Right-click menus
9. Kanban view
10. Easily create two-way task linking
11. Outlook add-in
12. Custom fields (some limitations)

The calendar is amazing: Time view (Calendar).

The "Unlimited" subscription at $5/month/user offers Gantt views and advanced options for teams, including permissions and advanced reporting. For team projects and tasks, Clickup is way better than Toodledo.

It is highly customizable but some features are missing: Locations, Stars, Statistics and Scheduler, and the mobile app is a bit difficult to use.
"Context" is missing but there's something that I think is even better: Spaces.
Also, filtering is not as powerful as it is in Toodledo and sorting is not as easy.
And, I'm sure that some users prefer the spreadsheet format in Toodledo.

FWIW, here's the team.

This message was edited Mar 21, 2019.
Purveyor

Posted Mar 14, 2019 in: Marking a task completed
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 14, 2019
Posted by gstarrett:
I've NO idea how to set a default style for the interface ("new" vs "old"), can't find anything in the settings.
Here’s the link: https://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=7
Purveyor

Posted Mar 14, 2019 in: Page reload when task completed
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Mar 14, 2019
This is happening with the old version of Toodledo.

You can change to the current (New) version at Modify Default Settings.

The current version was introduced two years ago on March 7, 2017 and the option to make it the default became available on May 19, 2017.

This message was edited Mar 14, 2019.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44      Next