ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Purveyor"
Purveyor

Posted Aug 06, 2019 in: What has changed in the last year?
Score: 1
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Aug 06, 2019
  • Score: 1
What has changed since the announcement of the new owners thirteen months ago today?
Not much.

Oh, I'm one year and one month older ...
Purveyor

Posted Jul 17, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Score: 0
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 17, 2019
  • Score: 0
Posted by jsmail63-reg:
I looked at RTM and some other tools, and far as I can tell, no-one supports searching for any significant period of time on completed tasks.
Completed tasks can be searched in RTM. You just have to click on "Completed" (in the top right) or specify "Status:Completed".
It's very easy to toggle between Incomplete and Complete tasks.

Also, you can create "Smart Lists" that display completed tasks, along with other criteria.
And, the import from Toodledo into RTM brings in all completed tasks.

This message was edited Jul 17, 2019.
Purveyor

Posted Jul 05, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jul 05, 2019
@Ummagumma,

Would you please clarify what software you're using to track your tasks?
You mention Outlook and it seems that you are still using Toodledo. Is that right?

Thanks.

This message was edited Jul 05, 2019.
Purveyor

Posted Jun 21, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jun 21, 2019
Yeah, I've been around for a while ...

I have a ClickUp subscription but I'm just playing around with the Beta 2.0 version and I'm waiting for the final release.
Even then, I think I'll be using it mainly for work projects.
The customer support is top-notch.

For my personal tasks, I've moved to Remember the Milk (RTM) and I'm very happy with it. Took less than 5 minutes to migrate the data (export and import), and about an hour to re-create and arrange my Saved Searches, which are called Smart Lists in RTM.

I'm using the desktop app (which is practically identical to the website) and the iPhone app.
I also sync occasionally with Outlook as a backup, and for different ways of viewing my tasks.
Purveyor

Posted Jun 21, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jun 21, 2019
@greginfla,

Here's the link to the video: ClickUp vs Marvin: Comparison

Take a look at the Toodledo topic in the General Off Topic Chit-Chat forum.

A few ClickUp links:

List of features
ClickUp 2.0 Beta
Roadmap
Chrome extension

This message was edited Jun 21, 2019.
Purveyor

Posted Jun 08, 2019 in: Very quiet here and No News
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Jun 08, 2019
I've deleted all my tasks. I'm out of here.
Purveyor

Score: 2
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 21, 2019
  • Score: 2
Posted by rubenB:
And I believe Standard used to be a month of history or something initially so I realize that you've already tried to bend and increase the timeframe a bit
The old Silver Plan had 2-year history for $20/year so the new Standard plan has an 80% increase in price and a 50% reduction in the length of history.

This message was edited May 21, 2019.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: May 13, 2019
It seems that you are really confused ... ;-)

I suggest you contact Toodledo support directly.
It's been over two weeks since someone from Toodledo answered a question in the forums.
Purveyor

Posted May 10, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 10, 2019
Posted by Duo:
The introduction of advertising for free users (so far), the large price increases for new and existing users, the moving of relied upon features from one tier to the next for new and existing users, the shoddy development practices, the poor management of the changes around pricing, features and privacy, the lack of understanding of the product, the product space and its users, long-time users abandoning ship... I don't think this story is moving towards "Happily ever after" but I hope I'm wrong.

1. Advertising
Aaron said: We are not adding advertising to Toodledo and repeated that statement in his rebuttal of Security/Privacy Alert.

2. Price increases for existing users
Sam said: Please note that there is no plan to increase the price of current paying users.

3. Shoddy development practices
Disruptive use of Ctrl-click to multi-select followed by unintuitive use of the letter "L".

4. Poor management of the changes around pricing
Confusing announcements about the pricing structure and a lack of understanding of what "grandfathered" means.

Plus, no improvements to the iPhone app even though on July 25, 2018, Sam said that updating the app is a priority.
According to the App Store, the last update to the app was on Jan 25, 2017 and it was a minor fix. The most recent feature improvement was on Nov 21, 2015, which was "Updates Habits with Alarms and Schedules". And still no support for Apple Watch.

In Sam's first post, Future Plans, he talked about making "Toodledo the best damn productivity tool out there" but almost nothing has changed in the past 10 months. He also said that he would be "'super active in this forum" and then disappeared after less than two months.

This message was edited May 10, 2019.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: May 08, 2019
I'm curious about how Aaron and Anant will respond.

Toodledo's Privacy Policy says that they will "use your information in a number of different ways", including:
To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
There's a section on Advertising Cookies:
And of course, there are cookies that collect information about your browsing habits in order to make any advertising that is delivered to you more relevant to you and your interests. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is then shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Quite often, targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization. This is also why when you’ve been on one of our websites, you might see some tools that you previously looked at on our websites. This includes retargeting.

Cookies can also tell us if you have seen a specific advertisement, and how long it has been since you have seen it. This is helpful, because it means we can control the effectiveness of our advertisements and control the number of times people might be shown our advertisements.

This message was edited May 08, 2019.
Purveyor

Posted May 03, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 03, 2019
@GSP1963,

I agree with your overall evaluation. The new owners do not inspire confidence.

For a company at the opposite end of the spectrum, take a look at ClickUp. They make a great first impression.

The software is designed mainly for teams but it can be used by a single user who is working on several complex projects and has several areas of responsibility. It is overkill as a basic task list.

I'm trying it but I find it a bit cumbersome. I'm hoping that the upcoming version 2.0 will be easier to use for projects that don't require many layers of organization.

This message was edited May 03, 2019.
Purveyor

Posted May 02, 2019 in: Blog vs Forum
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: May 02, 2019
No, you're not the only one ... ;-)

Easier to compose a monthly blog entry (with a lot of repetition from the previous month) rather than address issues in the Forums.

And what's with the Silicon Valley bizspeak?
In the March blog entry there was:
"These learnings will help us learn iteratively before we approach the entire task dashboard."
"We’re iterating on usability in alpha mode right now".

In the most recent entry, there's: "QAing", "fast follow features", "low-fidelity designs", "we'll iterate on those". Really??

And still waiting for an updated version of the iOS app.
Purveyor

Posted Apr 26, 2019 in: Google Calendar Sync Work for You?
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 26, 2019
From the link that Anant posted:
Create or edit a task on Google and it will automatically get updated on Toodledo. Like magic.
Well, I guess "automatically" doesn't necessarily mean "instantly" but it's implied. And it's a stretch to say that "magic" means waiting 15 minutes.

It seems that all tasks will be synced to Google Calendar, with no way of selecting by Context, Folder, Status or range of dates. Is that right?
Purveyor

Posted Apr 18, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 18, 2019
Posted by pawelkaleta:
Poor implementation, no testing (or testing on production), higher price, lot of promises, and no results.
Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes!

I have a few months to go on my subscription and, unless there's a substantial improvement in features (and an iOS app that I want to use), I'll be leaving, or possibly downgrading to a free subscription and using Toodledo as a secondary tool.

I was willing to pay to support Jake (especially in the early years) because I respected what he was doing. I'm not interested in supporting the new owners.
Purveyor

Posted Apr 17, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 17, 2019
Yes, it does: advanced sorts.
Purveyor

Posted Apr 11, 2019 in: ToodleDo Sync to ? For Apple Watch
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 11, 2019
@mlb32704, I think I started with Toodledo a bit before you did. As far as I remember, it has always been "Toodledo".

@Larry2, I'm not thrilled with any of my suggestions but they're pretty good.
I've tested 2Do but I've never used it.
I've used (Pocket) Informant and I found it to be very powerful but too complicated.

I've been using using Appigo's Todo app on my iPhone for years and it works fine on my Watch.
It syncs nicely with Toodledo, as long as I don't use their Project or Checklist features, and I don't use Toodledo's "repeat with Parent" option for repeating subtasks.
FWIW, I really like the look of Appigo's newer app but it doesn't sync with Toodledo and their website interface is horrible.

This message was edited Apr 11, 2019.
Purveyor

Posted Apr 11, 2019 in: ToodleDo Sync to ? For Apple Watch
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 11, 2019
Two suggestions:
1. Try an iOS app that syncs with Toodledo and has an Apple Watch app.
For example: 2Do, Todo and Informant 5.

2. The name is "Toodledo" not "ToodleDo".
;-)

This message was edited Apr 11, 2019.
Purveyor

Posted Apr 10, 2019 in: Inputting tasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 10, 2019
You can switch by going to Modify Default Settings.

The link to the old version is toodledo.com/tasks.
The current version is tasks.toodledo.com.

This message was edited Apr 10, 2019.
Purveyor

• Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 09, 2019
Anant, why are you quoting the entire post when there's only one post?

There is an option to "Post Reply" without quoting.

This message was edited Apr 09, 2019.
Purveyor

Posted Apr 09, 2019 in: Sub-Tasks
  • Purveyor
  • Posted: Apr 09, 2019
Never mind.

This message was edited Apr 09, 2019.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45      Next